5 things i like about my adhd
tagged by @adhd-queer!! thank u so much aaaaaaaa
1) the way it allows me to think super quickly and make fast associations! its very useful for writing and analytic stuff
2) bc of my adhd i know a lot of like, niche stuff! bc i hyperfocus on like a different thing every day, and since its interesting i tend to retain it, so i end up knowing the complete history of breadmaking, or the details of the big crunch theory, or how exactly to make mead, or the various uses of laudanum in victorian england. i love knowing all that random shit honestly?
3) how fast it allows me to be when i actually can focus! i can type comfortably at 80 wpm without any training (which is about double the average so im pretty happy with that), how quickly i can peel potatoes or how long i can play endless runner games. the last few probably arent like helpful skills but u no what? im bad at so many things so having things that i am good at is really nice!
4) the fact that i can happily do physical tasks that only require muscle memory all day bc i can literally maladaptively daydream for weeks straight. thats not usually a good thing but if u need me to sort something or like fold stuff for 6 hours i totally got u.
5) stimming!! there is nothing on earth better than walking in a circle on my tiptoes, flapping my arms. i dont care how stupid it might look its literally better than any other thing u could come up with. and if i was nt i wouldnt be able to have that! so im glad
im supposed 2 tag 10 people but focusing is a no rn so im tagging anyone who follows me who has adhd! if u have adhd please do this! i am tagging u!