- how he uses food to express things “you peel off layer and layer and find there is always content there. it’s like an onion”
- “no it’s not”
- hella calm and collected when members start a ruckus
- how he will nvr admit food > bts but we all know
- his fingers! i love them so much
- that judging look when jihope were doing a love shot
- somehow finding out tht touching jk’s nipples would wake him up??
- tht iconic aegyo fail where he trips
- turtle neck + long coat + glasses look
- super duper flexible back, walking while doing a backbend 👏🏼
- endless dad jokes
- sleeveless jin
- jin & rice scooper, ult otp ❤️
- the long ass eye contacts w camera
- his imitations of tae & jk during the bts of asc
- when he gets amazed by how loud the members get
- when he puts yoongi back where he belongs
- !!!!steals army bombs!!!!! but then returns them back while giving them the most soft most gentle smile ever
- will be on his 3rd bowl of rice while you’re on your 1st
- “I was awkward since I was born!”
- has one by one tips on how to look ‘cool’ & if tht isn’t the cutest thing
- we rly do not appreciate his english enough!!
- no matter how much he gets teased for his dancing, he is nvr discouraged and still tries hard w/o getting upset
- when he asked if the woman was having a sad day during their hidden camera
- can’t contain laughter when beatboxing
- kinda reminds me of flappy bird sometimes
- when he helped yoongs put on his contacts
- the beginning verse of ‘dead leaves’
- human gps
- cute easy recipes tht come w adorable pictures
- car door guy
- wore a beanie and felt insecure but he looked so good!!
- doesn’t know how to turn on v app notifications
- “im only 3 yrs older than you!”
- can do everything w his toes
- the type to beatbox to a stranger and take a fry afterwards
- will answer if a member calls him mom
- works out in the hotel rooms bc he can
- bringing food to jimin and not knowing he was being filmed :’)
- #1 super mario fan
- plays w armys on twt
- eating food to the aura of the song
- how he flaps his arms when the food is 2 good
- the way he snorts when a member shit talks
- blessing us w his priceless blowing kisses
- no hesitance in using jk’s head to climb up the bed
- calls rap monster “rm” and jeongguk “jk”
- always ends up as a victim of rm’s dance moves
- no jin, no bangtan (he’s the oxyjin) but srsly.
OOOH i love the Bright Sessions podcast ! its super entertaining with a great narrative and caleb and adam are..so.. so cute ….. ALSO it has damien who at first sounds like an asshole but then turns out to be a misunderstood delinquent (BUT STILL AN ASSHOLE) im foamin from the mouth HIS VOICE IS SO.. NICE… AND EDGY. ANNND JLKdglkfgjl U can listen to the first 11 seconds here if you wanna understand WHAT I MEAN (you wont get spoiled) im on ep 22 and really lookin forward to the rest
Edit : i hate damien nvm (i dont)(I DO)
A/n: I’ve never tried writing for Jonathan or any Stranger Things character before so I’m open to any criticism or feedback you have!
Being good friends with the friendly neighborhood outcast was always an interesting time, even if you weren’t particularly well known in the student body either. Most of that being thanks to the fact that you spent almost all of your free time in the library, and when you weren’t there you could most likely be found at home, painting or tending to your plants.
But it wasn’t that people didn’t like you either, they just didn’t particularly know you very well, but the ones that did were incredibly fond of you. One of them being Steve Harrington. He was the closest you could call a friend among his own group, he was one of the few who didn’t constantly ask you for with history or english homework or if you knew the best possible way to grow roses for an upcoming anniversary.
That being said, Steve still wasn’t your only close friend, the other Jonathan Byers, the infamous outcast mentioned earlier. You’d had known him for over two years and in that time you two got to know and understand one another. He preferred to observe people from angle that was less warped by personal perspective, thus why he was constantly taking pictures, they only showed the truth about people.
And your reasons were a little less poetic. You just would rather spend your time with your books and plants as opposed to the usual pleasantries that was expected of the average teenager. The two of you had a mutual understanding of one another, and thus a friendship was formed.
Though as time passed, the lines began to blur between companionship and deeper affection for Jonathan, though it wasn’t really a surprise for him. He’d never had someone in his life who understood him so well, apart from his brother but even then there were some things that made it seem you were the only one whom he could talk to of.
However, his shy and more reserved nature made it more of a problem to confront his feelings for you, so he instead preferred to admire from afar and keep it to himself until he had more confirmation about how you felt him.
And while he knew he was more obvious in his fondness for you, as his mother so kindly pointed out one day after you had left his house one day when you had come over as always until your parents would return from work.
“So have you told her yet?” Joyce asked him as she leaned against the kitchen counter.
Jonathan looked from the small pile of polaroids that he had in front of him. “I don’t know what you mean?”
Joyce held back the laugh and strolled over to the dining table and plucking one of the photos from it’s spot before Jonathan could move it away from her. She flipped it over and with a triumphant smiled she showed the photo to him, a candid of you pouring over a History textbook while your reading glasses slowly descended down the bridge of your nose.
“Are you sure about that?” Joyce mused.
Jonathan quickly felt the heat crawl up the back of his neck and it slowly made it’s way to his cheeks as he quickly took the photo from his mother and hiding it away from her. “It was a nice angle.” He mumbled quietly.
Enjoying the newfound embarrassment she was bringing to him. Joyce’s eyes swept across the other photo’s he was trying to hide with his arms. “Really? Is that why you took six of them?” She said with a profound amount of amusement in her tone, only meaning to tease him.
“Please don’t say anything?” He asked helplessly.
Joyce shook her head and crossed her heart. “Not a word.”
“Oh damn.” You said as you scavenged through your bag for your scarf, letting out an annoyed sigh once you realized it wasn’t there. “So much for that.”
“Here.” Jonathan said, taking off his own jacket and placing it on you. “You can borrow mine, I’m not that cold anyways.”
You laughed after he put it on. “No kidding, this is like an oven here.” You said looking over at him with a grin. “You know you’re pretty warm.”
Jonathan smiled and looked down at the gravel. “Yeah, Will tells me the same thing every time I let him wear it too.”
“How is he anyways? Still holding up fine?” You asked him curiously. You had only met Will a few times, anytime you were over at the Byers he was at the Wheeler’s. And during the whole ordeal whenever he was missing you were out of town, and you only received minimal details of what had happened. That being said you were extremely fond of the kid and he looked up to you because of your mutual love for science and art.
Jonathan looked sideways for a second, seeing the genuine look on your face made him feel all warm in his chest. “He’s doing fine, thanks.” He told you, looking up at meeting your eyes for a second before he looked shyly back at the ground. “You know I’ve been meaning to-”
Steve’s voice came calling from the front of the school doors and both you and Jonathan turned to find him coming out of the library doors and jogging up to where you were.
He pulled a bundle of bright red fabric from behind his back and shot you a wide smile. “You almost forgot this.” He said, handing it out for you.
“Oh thank you! I was just gonna get it from the lost and found tomorrow.” You told him, wrapping the scarf around your hands.
Steve shot you a wink and saluted. “Not a problem, I’m always here to help a damsel in distress.”
The two of you shared a laugh before you waved him off, turning to find Jonathan looking pointedly at the ground. “I didn’t know you were with Steve.”
You sighed, knowing the history the two of them had. “He wanted a little extra help with the English assignment and I offered him some help.”
You played with the ends of your scarf for a few seconds before walking up to him and wrapping it around his neck. “Don’t be cross with me, he’s just a friend.”
Jonathan’s eyes fixated themselves on the sudden color around his neck and he smiled. “I’m not mad.” He assured.
“Good! Now come on, I wanna go say hello to your mom.”
“Fine, I’m keeping the scarf though, I think the color suits me better.”