I held your name inside my heart, but it got buried in my fear. It tore the wiring of my brain; I did my best to keep it clear.
So, dear, no matter how we part, I hold you sweetly in my head. And if I do not miss a part of you, a part of me is dead.
If I can’t love you as a lover, I will love you as a friend. And I will lay a bed before you; keep you safe until the end.
la dispute (i’m wondering where we went wrong, i love you)
some cliche childhood friends fake relationship headcanons
Because everyone loves them
- I really want to eat that cake on the new menu but it’s for couples only and it’s not like we’ve never held hands in kindergarten
- I can’t be a teacher at that all boy/girl school unless I’m married and you happen to need a new place to stay so why not with me
- You’re well known as a playboy and you’re the only one I can ask to teach me the ways of love
- I lied to my parents about finding my destined partner so they’d bug off but now they want to meet them PLEASE HELP ME
- There’s this person who’s been stalking me and I’m creeped out can you walk me home till they’re gone
- Just for one day, I want to know the feeling of having a lover! Please go on a date with me
- My mom’s in critical situation and she won’t go for operation until she’s sure I’m in safe hands – you’re the only one who can convince her of that!
- You’re one of the many possible heirs to your father’s company but in order to inherit it he has to be satisfied with your partner and the only one you trust enough is me
- This person at school keeps pestering me and you shout that I’m yours from the end of the corridor and we just didn’t find the right time to say it was a lie and now the whole school sees us as a couple
- We’re both police officers on a stakeout in a love hotel when the suspect notices us acting weird. Shit!
I still turn when i hear your name thinking that somehow ill see you
My hands have started to shake now that they dont have you to hold them between yours until it stops
The nightmares have returned now that your soothing voice doesnt talk me to sleep
I cant listen to the favorite songs we shared anymore its not the same now that youre not in the car singing with me
I stopped checking my phone for texts now that i know i shouldnt be expecting any from you, i could care less for the rest
See its not really you that i miss its the small comforting things you did as a friend not a lover because i sing with friends i tell friends about my dreams and fears and these things make me think of you, Of all the little things you do and I miss you. I miss the friend I had before the lover, but i know he’ll never be back.