Welcome to the Devil’s Butler Cafe! - Track 01 English Translation
Hello hello everyone! (♥ω♥ ) ~♪ Phew! It’s been a long time since I posted some work. However I promised for our DwD week that I would provide translations for at least one of the drama cds that have been released, and I shall make good on that promise. So here it is: part 1 out of 4 for the Butler Scenario where our precious Student Council decides to host a butler cafe!
Huge thanks to @lancermasta (our Lindo waifu) for providing the original audio files. English translation beneath the read more cut! I’ll get the other 3 parts out soon!
Disclaimer: this is my first attempt to essentially play the part of an interpreter and translate a piece mostly by ear. So there are bound to be mistakes. If you find any and can correct them, please do not hesitate to contact me with said corrections so that I may update this post! Please enjoy! m(_ _)m
I can’t believe I have to make this post, but here we are.
There’s a few things that need to be made clear-
1. Those of us running captioning blogs are not being paid to do this. We have jobs, school, and regular lives to lead outside of tumblr. We’re doing this because we’re passionate about providing access to content, but this is NOT what we’re doing all day! That said, please don’t come to us with a million requests per day. I know it’s frustrating to see a video all over your dash with no captions, and we’ll all try to get to those when we can, but again, THIS IS NOT OUR DAY JOB.
2. If you’re hearing, please caption them yourself instead of requesting that we do it. It’s not hard, and it’s super helpful to us. If you have questions about formatting, we’ll gladly answer them!
3. I don’t speak anything other than English. I cannot caption something in a different language for you because I don’t know any other languages. I cannot caption videos that are in languages other than English because I don’t know what they’re saying.
4. If you’re making a request, remember that it takes time for us to do! And the longer the video, the longer it will take for us to caption them! Please don’t come into our ask boxes demanding to know why your request isn’t up yet.
5. If you see a mistake we’ve made, please (politely) correct us! We want to do the best we can, and any help we can get is appreciated!
6. Don’t come into our ask boxes telling us that captions are stupid and that we suck. Your ableist attitude sucks more than the words at the bottom of your screen.
7. If you are being abusive or harrassing any of us, you’re gonna get blocked. Period. End of story.