- hū hātest
ðū? - What is your name?
- hū eald eart ðū? - How old are you?
- hū eald is hē/hēo? - How old is he/she?
- hæfst ðū bearn? - Do you have children?
- hæfst ðū brōðor/sweostor? - Do you have brothers/sisters?
ic hāte/hē, hēo, hit hāteð/hīe hātað - I am/he, she, it is/they are called (also: mīn nama is… - my name is…)
sind …. menn in mīnum cynne - There are… people in my family
ic hæbbe… - I have… (family vocabulary post)
- gēa/gīese, nā/nese - yes, no
- and/ond/ac - and/but
- oððe - or
- swiðe/ful/wel - very
- sumes - quite
- forðǣm þe - because