1. “I don’t understand what it is. I know I’m not the prettiest, but I love you with all my heart. Why isn’t that enough?”
2. “I thought about you a lot tonight, I think about you a lot every night. What is so great about her?”
3. “I would’ve given everything to you, I think in a way, I did.”
4. “I would’ve loved you forever, don’t you know that?”
5. “I miss you so much, but I’m tired of chasing after this dream I have of the two of us, of what we could have been if you had just given me the chance to take care of you. I don’t know what makes her so much better, she doesn’t look at you the way I did, the way I still do. The only peace of mind I’ll have is knowing that one day you’ll be ready for a love like me, and I won’t be there anymore. I’m really looking forward to that day.”
And I’m not just saying that because I think you need to hear it. You are. You’re magnificent. You don’t need people shoving the definition of “beauty” down your throat because you ARE that definition of beauty.
I hope one day you’ll believe me.
Society doesn’t define the word “beauty.” You do.
i saw nothing at first because it wasn’t worth it. i was blinded by an endless circle spinning around my head like a halo that was mistakenly given to me. you became the fire to guide me home – a celestial light…a beacon. everything was broken and i don’t know if i wanted to be saved fixed. the shadows are haunting and they haunt you too but every flower shines brighter with every act of love. it was something new and i was afraid at first, but the monsters that truly mattered were the ones in my head. and you put them to rest.
now i’m sinking and i can’t hear your voice. what is the sound of falling angels? this silence is deafening; the night sky bleeds and i’m letting everything burn around me to erase your absence. you have my heart, my soul. but you also still have every breath you stole from me. my rib cage is empty and my bones are hollow. is this what love is? is this what it’s supposed to feel like? it hurts. but i still want it. i ache for it. for you. i’m alive because of you. where are you? i’m alive so i can wait for you. where are you? i’m waiting–
and if i walked away from you, like you did to me, would you beg me to come back? if you loved someone with as much passion as i did you, would you bleed? would your blood come gushing out of the wounds that the very hands you found comfort in, ripped open? would you cry oceans and oceans of tears? would you drown in your very own body? would you suffocate? would you lose all your light?
One day, many years from now when you realize what you’ve lost - you will search for me.
Perhaps you’ll email me but there’ll be no reply; or maybe you’ll call my number but it will have changed…. And when you give up trying to find me physically, you’ll search for me emotionally.
You’ll try to find someone else who will love you like I did or make you laugh as much as I used to … but you’ll soon realize there’s nobody else quite like me…
I was unique… I was the one for you - and you lost me.
And you will try so desperately to find traces of me in every soul you meet for the rest of your days ….but you will never ever find me.
I’ve never met you, yet you’ve made me blush more than I would like to admit. You make my days happy and my nights even happier. I can’t wait until the day when I can run into your arms and just give you a big bear hug.