I’d like to point out:
Discourse is necessary for a community to evolve. It’s not bad to participate in Discourse, by all means!
However, it’s very important to be mindful about the people you engage with over discourse.
- engaging in discussions
- challenging your own views, and improving as a person
- allowing people to educate you
- educating people
Discourse is not:
- cruel jokes at the expanse of a marginalized group
- proudly labelling yourself as an opressor
- smear campaigns
- making fun of people for having emotional reactions to stress (ie, crytpying)
It’s okay if you’re an exclusionist. It’s okay if you engage with inclusionists, and talk to them about the issues we all face as a community.
But that doesn’t mean you get a free pass to mock them, harrass them, send them hate, or anything.
We can talk about things, but the moment you become hostile, it’s not discourse anymore. It’s just harrassment.
In that regard, have a lovely day.