1. Know yourself
You cannot love someone you don’t even know.
2. Accept that you have strengths and weaknesses. You have skills and problems.
Do a SWOT Analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) of yourself if you want but remember, opportunities and threats are external. You don’t have control over them. But you can use your strengths and improve on your weaknesses, both of which are internal, to handle the external.
3. Disliking certain things about yourself is normal. That gives room for improvement. Improve. Don’t be lazy and choose the path of self loathing.
4. Forgive yourself
Understand that making mistakes is the way to grow. If you hadn’t fallen on your bum a couple hundred times you would have never learned to walk. If as a baby after one fall, after one mistake of breaking something, you would have decided to just sit in the corner and never try again, you would still be sitting there with the broken pieces. Don’t do that. Learn from your toddler self. Get up. And the only way you can do that is by forgiving yourself.
5. Accept that as of now you do not love yourself.
Lying to yourself won’t eventually lead you to believe it as the truth. Lying to someone you love is not a way to love them.
6. Disregard what others say about you. So much of the good and bad they tell you really has more to do with themselves; their mindset and mood, their motives and interest. Don’t let people fill in blanks for you. That won’t lead to a happy ending, it won’t lead to a story you can call your own.
7. Be patient with yourself, be kind. Being hard on yourself is a really stupid thing to do. It isn’t productive, it isn’t one bit effective and it is completely unnecessary.
8. Discard the idea that you are breakable. Reject the concept that someone can leave you broken. They can hurt you, yes and they can cause you an immense amount of pain but they cannot break you. You aren’t made of glass. Give your cells a little more credit. Give your heart a little more of it too.
9. When you realize that the grass is greener on the other side, don’t draw up plans to ruin that grass or come up with a way where you can camp on it and abandon your own grass. Instead, take a trip to the shop to buy some fertilizer and tend to your own grass. Upskill yourself constantly.
10. Learn new things. Invest time and energy in things that interest you.You didn’t learn to play piano in school but always wished to? Who said there is an age limit. In most cases the saying, ‘it is never too late’ stands absolutely true.
11. Look yourself in the mirror. You can admire or just observe. Look into your eyes. Look at your reflection. Just look. Have a see in what’s inside. Don’t look away. Have the courage to see the truth.
12. Spend time with yourself. Buy yourself flowers if flowers are what you love. Don’t wait to meet the right person to do the things you always wanted to. Go star gazing, skinny dipping. Solo travel. Do whatever you want to and can. Write your future/past self a letter. Cook yourself a meal. Buy yourself some ice cream. Click goofy selfies.
13. Learn to accept compliments. Be graceful. All you have to do is say ‘thank you’. And please don’t feel the immediate need of returning the compliment. You don’t always have to give when you get. Especially when you don’t really have anything to give. A ‘thank you’ and a smile are more than enough.
14. Learn to be okay in silence. The voices in your head? They terrorize you, I know. But trust me, they go away. They go away if you face them. There are no demons in your head. These are just echoes of your fears and insecurities. Listen to them. Breathe deep. Know that they are weak. Face them head on. And then ask them to leave.
15. Accept your body. However it is or it isn’t. It has accepted you in every possible way. Accept it and see how it accepts you even more. Accepting doesn’t mean not changing something that you can in a healthy way. It only means that your love is unconditional. Your love is whole. And that is the only way to love yourself. Wholly.
Aries Rising: Your confidence radiates onto everyone around you and you brighten every room with your fun-loving outlook on life. We can tell you know exactly what you want and can do anything you set your mind to, and it motivates us all to follow in your footsteps. Admirably, you seem know where you’re going and what you want your life to be in 10 years while we’re still trying to figure out what we’re doing next week. You’re everyone’s motivation to try harder and make stuff happen! Independent, smart, popular and optimistic - what’s not to love about an Aries Rising?
Taurus Rising: How do you stay so level headed at all times? We wish we had the ability to stop, think and come up with a great solution to anything like you can. You’re so easy-going and calm, it’s comforting to us and our hot heads. The way you have such set in stone opinions and aren’t afraid to share them is amazing to us; we can never just decide on something so confidently and stick with it. Your grass always seems so much greener, how do you do it? You’re always so generous, content and beautiful in everything you do. Patient, stunning, strong-willed and loyal - what’s not to love about a Taurus Rising?
Gemini Rising: You always know exactly what to say, I swear! It’s amazing how you can keep the conversation going so well regardless of the topic. We’re so drawn to the way you seem to know something about everything and could listen to you talk forever. The way you want to educate yourself on so many things at once is amazing to watch. You’re some of the funniest people ever; you can make anyone laugh with just a look! You blitz through tasks so quickly - how do you make everything look so easy? We’re never be bored when we’re with you. Hilarious, talkative, intelligent and free - what’s not to love about a Gemini Rising?
Cancer Rising: Your gentle soul is so inviting to those around you. You make us feel as though we’re old friends! Quietly, you watch us all and learn from our mistakes rather than your own, which is a quality we’d love to have. You’re enchanting and reserved yet somehow you’re so reassuring and soothing to be around; a silent supporter. Without fail, you know exactly what will make us feel better when we’re down. The person we all come to for advice or help and so smart as well! Some of the kindest people to ever walk this planet. Lovely, subtle, authentic and persistent - what’s not to love about a Cancer Rising?
Leo Rising: Your magnetic appeal is something we all wish we could say we have. You know what you’re about and you’re not afraid to show it! It’s a blessing to even be acquainted with you, especially with the way you shine so brightly. Not only are you the most alluring, but you’re some of the strongest people in the world! You bulldoze anyone in your way with such agility and poise; it’s as if you barely noticed anything happened. In moments when most would break down and give up, you take charge and know exactly what to do! Passionate and always reliable, you are so uplifting to be around! Charismatic, eloquent, proud and respectful - what’s not to love about a Leo Rising?
Virgo Rising: Some of the most caring people in the world, they’ll do anything to help another person. You’re so precise and capable in everything you do and it is admired by everyone around you. We know if we need help figuring something out, you’re the person to go to. The way you help us break things down and sort through information is amazing and it is always so comforting to know we have you by our side. You catch all the little things that we miss in our haste to get things done! Always doing something, you’re some of the most productive people we know. Practical, skillful, humble and caring - what’s not to love about a Virgo Rising?
Libra Rising: You’re some of the most beautiful people we’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. The way you are able to be so graceful and perfect in the way you blitz through life is unreal. You’re a people pleaser which draws everyone towards you but you also know how to use your charm to get what you want; the best of both worlds. No matter where we go with you, you manage to make it feel as though we’ve stepped into a harmonious world of happiness and sunshine. Soft and romantic, people want to know you and are immediately attracted to your elegant outer shell. Fair, opinionated, persuasive and accommodating - what’s not to like about a Libra Rising?
Scorpio Rising: We literally feel your presence from the other side of the room, you’re so captivating. You rarely go unnoticed, especially with such intense eyes. Your ability to assist us through rough times and help us come back even better than before is something so amazing to experience or even just watch. Sensitive yet so powerful, you’re mesmerizing in everything you do. Your power to recover so quickly from problems that would completely destroy us is incredible. Deep feelers, you experience everything so intensely and hold yourself so tastefully that we never even question your actions. You see through any superficiality and know exactly who you want to associate yourself with. Powerful, emotional, brooding and creative - what’s not to love about a Scorpio Rising?
Sagittarius Rising: Everything you encounter means something to you, regardless of what it is. You can find meaning and importance in everything you come across which makes you very uplifting to be around. Every day has a new goal in store for you and you never waste the chance to chase it. The light-hearted, enthusiastic energy you never stop radiating makes us want to join you on every quest you go on! It’s as if you don’t care where you’re going, you just want to be on your way and we all want to join you! The life of the party, it’s never boring when you’re around and you naturally adapt so well to every circumstance you’re put into. To you, everything is so grand and exciting; it’s an outlook we’d love to share. Spiritual, humorous, active and willing - what’s not to love about a Sagittarius Rising?
Capricorn Rising: Your maturity and wisdom is so captivating to everyone around you, it’s as if you know everything without trying. Unconventionally mysterious, you draw others in by looking as though you’re unfazed by whatever is happening around you. We want to see what’s behind your eyes and how you’re just so darn cool. Watching you really let loose is something that we aspire to witness because it doesn’t happen often but when it does, it’s something you don’t want to miss. You’re able to help us put things in perspective which is why we always come to you for help, especially when we’re confused. Your the one voted most competent and you always come through too. Successful, respectful, rational and fun - what’s not to love about a Capricorn Rising?
Aquarius Rising: You work so well with large groups of people and easily accept everyone around you as individuals and equals. You’re the outsider, but the way you waltz through life makes us want to join you on the outside. You can make literally anything work to your advantage in a way that we can’t help but respect and aspire towards. An advocate for the underdog, we know when the going gets tough, you get going! We all need someone to help us think differently to the rest and you’re the perfect person for the job. You’re curious and interested in others which makes you seem like the social butterfly we all want to tell our life story to. Idealistic, endearing, tolerant and logical - what’s not to love about an Aquarius Rising?
Pisces Rising: Your dreamy, far off gaze makes us wonder what you’re thinking and seeing around you. You so easily adapt to different people, it seems as if you can change your whole personality for each person you come across; a social chameleon. This, of course, means people can’t help but love you and they flock towards your open heart. Some of the most compassionate people we know, you’re always helping other people or animals. We know you’re living in your own little world and we wish you’d show us around; I’m sure it’s beautiful. Your ability to just let things go and move on is admirable to those of us who struggle with forgiveness. Empathetic, open, intuitive and generous - what’s not to love about a Pisces Rising?
Dear Heathers Hamilton, Be More Chill Inktober Prompts! (read under the cut for specifications)
i made these for myself but please feel free to use them and dont forget to tag your artwork so i can share it! :)
1. Okay, so we’re doing this The first musical you’ve heard from the ones listed (aka the one that started it all) 2. How lucky we are to eb alive right now Different time period AU 3. …And Heather Draw characters that are not heathers as a heather! 4. Its from Japaaaaan! Draw a character who isnt from BMC with a SQUIP 5.-I am not the one who the story’s about… Supporting characters appreciation day 6. It changed the meaning, did you intend this? Swap the plots of two different musicals! 7. A place where the grass is greener.. Favorite AU 8. Have you read this?! Favorite fanfic/fanfic scene 9. This way too good for a school play! Favorite scene from one of the musicals 10. How they perceive you… Headcanon day! 11. You are my favorite person <3 Fandom Artist appreciation day 12. Upgrade! Redraw your favorite panel from an animatic! 13. Your words flooded my senses.. Draw something that represents your favorite lyric 14. Sept Huit Neuf.. Angst. Just. Angst. 15. You will be found Mental Health awareness day 16. Our love is god draw your OTP(s) 17. But not beacuse we’re gay! draw your BROTP(s) 18. I know this can be beautiful Fix THAT part from a musical, you know which one. 19. A million words apart Draw your crackship (An unpopular/not famous in the fandom ship) 20. My name is Alexander Hamilton Hamilton AU (Or just revolutionary/old era AU) 21. No one deserves to be forgotten Understudy/not OBC appreciation day 22. Who- Who are you? Crossover day 23. A guy i’d kinda be into Draw your favorite actor 24. If i could tell her Draw your favorite actress 25. You play who you need to play OTP personality/clothes swap 26. …Sacrifice? The character that has sacrificed the most (in your opinion) 27. Maybe prom night? Characters at prom 28. Theres no other half there.. Unrequited/One-sided ship 29. Anyone as trusting or as kind The cinnamon roll 30. Hate the sin, love the sinner the SINnamon roll 31. I’m halloween partying tonight Last day! Draw characters on a halloween party/with costumes/trick or treating :)
Aries Venus ♈:
You'll never have a second to breathe, but that will feel amazing; it'll be like you're always on your toes, always learning new things about this amazing, wonderful human being. Yes, they will test you, they'll push your buttons and let you push theirs, but you will never feel so excited as you are when you're around them.
Taurus Venus ♉:
This love will truly behold the definition of bliss, pure bliss in fact. "Love goggles" have never been so true when you are in love with a Taurus Venus because you will forgive all of their flaws as they will be so truthful and apologetic. A love truly mesmerising.
Gemini Venus ♊:
This person puts the fun in your life. When you are without them you can't do anything but feel bored. This can cause you to feel incomplete without them at times too. This love will be like lightening roaring through your veins.
Cancer Venus ♋ :
This kind of love is a hurricane; Cancer Venus are unpredictable in love but you'll love it. Nothing will fail to surprise you and you will have never felt so loved. Be prepared to give everything you've got, because they'll be expecting it. This love is a triumphant one.
Leo Venus ♌:
This kind of love will feel effortless at time, almost like you're floating along with the biggest smile across your face at all times. You will find yourself dumbfounded by their presence and absolutely defensfless by their words, this can lead to some embarrassing moments, but it's a love you couldn't recreate.
Virgo Venus ♍:
This seems to be what real love feels like. This love quickly consumes all of your waking days and becomes the air in which you breathe. It gives you energy and a spark in your eyes, but be careful not to disappoint this lover as second chances are rare. This love will send you into second heaven but will still feel like you're standing firmly on the ground with both feet.
Libra Venus ♎:
You will almost always feel an overwhelming happiness. Your heart will feel like it's beating out of your chest at times and you might want to throw yourself at them arms open, more than you want to admit. You might struggle to always agree with their abstract opinions but your burning love will sort itself out in the end.
Scorpio Venus ♏:
This love feels full, there is nothing more indulgent and crave-worthy than this love; you won't be able to get enough. When you look into their eyes you'll feel a connection, a fierce, true connection. You fault might be not trusting them even when they've only told the truth. This is a love that truly satisfies the heart but tests the mind.
Sagittarius Venus ♐:
As cliché as it sounds for stereotypes this love is an adventure; you might feel like you never get a chance to sit down. Its not just physical adventure that you'll experience but an adventure to learn more about you.The grass seems greener, the water colder and the air fresher with them, it's a love you'll never want to leave.
Capricorn Venus ♑:
A fairytale, not an old one with a princess or prince charming but a new one, where you don't exactly understand where the point was that you fell in love but now you're so deep you can't swim to the surface. A love that event the very last moment you'll come running back for. Be weary of how many times you might have to be forgiving, but this is a love you've dreamed of before.
Aquarius Venus ♒:
This is a sweet love. Like have a best friend who you can hug and kiss and do whatever you wish with. An exciting experience as you slowly but surely become each others entire universe. This is a love where you will always feel complete even when they aren't with you physically because you know that you have more than just love; the bond of a friend or family.
Pisces Venus ♓:
This is a certain love; you will never have to doubt their feeling for you and you know they'll never fail to pull of the most romantic, heart melting gestures without even realising. Understand they will put you edited them,and this is a hurdle you must face together. This is a love that you never want to leave as you never felt so loved in your entire life.
no: tongue breaks and thin/ fire is racing under skin/ and in eyes no sight and drumming/ fills ears and cold sweat holds me/ and shaking/ grips me all, greener than grass/ I am and dead–or almost/I seem to me.
my tongue grows numb; at once a subtle/ fire runs stealthily beneath my skin:/ my eyes see nothing, my ears/ ring and buzz,/ the sweat pours down, a trembling/ seizes the whole of me, I turn paler/ than grass, and I seem to myself/ not far from dying.
but my tongue is frozen in silence;/ instantly a delicate/ flame runs beneath my skin;/ with my eyes I see nothing;/ my ears make a whirring noise./ A cold sweat covers me,/ trembling seizes my body,/ and I am greener than grass./ Lacking but little of death do I seem.
These came out a little…. meaner than anticipated. It’s downright cruel and will feel personal, though I promise you it’s not, but remember to TAKE IT LIGHTLY and if you can’t do that, think of it as something to avoid/learn from.
Aries: Your default setting is angry, it’s toxic and dangerous and no; that’s not as hot as you think it is. You’re selfish and uncaring even with the people you love. You lie when you get bored so you don’t have to deal with anyone else’s feelings. You are an undeveloped child who has to grow up and realize you hurt people and then expect them to forgive you because you’re a wounded child.
Taurus: You shut everyone out, don’t let them know. But then you expect them to bend over backwards for you; they’re not mind-readers! You complain about everyone being selfish and how no one ever “cares about ME” but whenever someone tries you act like you’re completely fine! You’re a hypocrite and you need to change your own fucking ways for once.
Gemini: Just because you don’t understand how to process your emotions doesn’t mean everyone else does, you suppress your feelings until it comes out in a tirade and you throw it all at people close. You’re smart, and you cut with your tongue. You see through people, see their most sensitive weaknesses and you will throw it all back at them when emotions rise, no matter what they mean to you. You need to learn you can’t take back what you say no matter what you do.
Cancer: Fuckboy. You’re so basic, you think you’re so thoughtful and kind-hearted but the truth is you are so self-absorbed in your own shit and unable to perform emotional labor for anyone else, that you forget that saying you’re kind and understanding and being kind and understanding are two very different things.
Leo: You are like the stereotypical toxic masculinity-form of emotional stability. Like you don’t have to act like a suburban dad who doesn’t know how to act when their daughter cries so you just don’t deal with it, it’s okay to cry and be soft. And to purposefully ignore other peoples’ hurt just because it’s easier not to deal with it? It’s downright shitty.
Virgo: You are the first one there whenever anyone needs you, and you always do your best as you always need to be relied on, but emotions aren’t logical. Not everyone feels better by breaking down their emotions and realizing how nonsensical they are. People don’t need to hear they don’t make sense, they probably already know. You need to accept that not everything is logical, and it’s almost never the solution in matters of the heart. Also, stop being so goddamn hard on yourself it gets old.
Libra: You are a case of “the grass is always greener” you are never satisfied with what you have, what you feel. You throw away friends once you feel you’ve found better ones to prioritize but you aren’t honest with them, you pretend you’re still all in but you don’t do anything but let them drift away. You cheat but you will never understand you’re not becoming a more accomplished person by throwing away genuine though imperfect people. People aren’t corporate ladders.
Scorpio: You are a mess of trust issues and insecurities but you’re so obsessed with control you don’t let yourself work it out, you don’t share it. You eat up emotions all around you but try to never feel your own. It’s barbaric and stupid. You let it culminate into self hate and anger, and you have a hard time forgiving although you would never share that out loud, you lie to people instead.
Sagittarius: You are an emotional rollercoaster, while your default outward expression is of peace and philosophical understanding, when the goings get tough you go from 0 to 100 way too fast, with any and all emotions. You need to realize that just because you feel things like a flamethrower, it doesn’t mean other people don’t feel the world on their shoulders too. You just go through it faster and don’t always share until it comes out antagonistically.
Capricorn: We get it, you feel like you had to grow up fast, be tough; never let anything take you down.But sometimes you have to realize that being tough is a two-edged sword; yes you feel stronger, but that means you don’t always let people in, don’t always act vulnerable and soft. You can’t dissociate from your loved ones when the goings get tough, you have to take down your walls; not be angry or simply not there.
Aquarius: You can’t just not process emotions and state that you’re a beacon of true mental health, it doesn’t work that way. And just because other peoples’ emotions make you “uncomfortable”, doesn’t mean you get to walk away from them. It’s uncomfortable because you beat that shit down so fast that you never realize its value or necessity and you do it to others just as much as you do it to yourself. Let feelings happen, you can’t deal with it by being up in arms.
Pisces: You manipulative assholes, you are not as wise as you think you are. You use other people’s emotions as toys until you get bored with them then press the self-destruct button and assume the role of the victim to make everyone feel bad for you, even though you’re to blame. You’re good with your tongue but you’re not smart enough to pull your games off. And if you keep them up? You will be alone just as you secretly fear.