PLL finale thoughts
This is going to be messy sorry…
1. If you know my blog you’ll know I wanted twincer so badly so YAS
Now on to the rest…
2. The biggest thing I’m disappointed with (well this alongside the 3rd point) is that Alex had no solid motive to torture not only Spencer but the rest of the girls. Tbh my memory of the finale is a little fragmented and this may be wrong but her motive was because of Charlotte? Now what did any of the girls even do to her? Charlotte tortured the girls to the point they were close to death several times.
3. WHERE WAS ANY MENTION OF BETHANY YOUNG?!?!!!! How did she end up in Rosewood? Why was she wearing a yellow top and the bracelet? Did Ali know her? I have so many questions surrounding Bethany and I’m so disappointed that we didn’t even get a mention. I had hoped for many seasons that the girls killed Bethany and that would be the motive for AD to go after the girls.
4. FILLERS FILLERS FILLERS! Marlene you had one job and you didn’t do it. Yes I do have favourite ships and yes I am pleased they ended the show in certain couples but honestly the finale was for answers not romance.
5. Why on earth did we even need to wait that long into the episode to have AD revealed
6. The fake Melissa reveal really disappointed me. My other AD suspects were Melissa and Wren so I was pleased with Melissa being AD. To then find out it was fake.
7. Where is mike? You want me to believe Aria didn’t invite her brother to the wedding? What happened to Eddie Lamb?
8. My first ever suspect way back in season 1 was Lucas. For Lucas to have one scene (fucking tap dancing?!?) was really disappointing. Why didn’t we get any further backstory on his relationship with Charlotte.
9. Sara was such an irrelevant character yet Marlene made her relevant to two major plot lines. Yet we get no backstory on her. How she ended up on the A team, how Charlotte recruited her (kidnap, blackmail ??), why did she end up in the Dollhouse? What did she do down there that whole time?
10. This brings me to the Dollhouse. How was that built? Who helped Charlotte build it? Why didn’t anybody question why the hell somebody was building an underground bunker? What happened while the girls were down there? Why haven’t we seen more flashbacks? The idea of the Dollhouse was amazing but Marlene did not use it to its full potential.
11. Why have so many investigations just being dropped? Who do the police think shot Spencer?! Who has noticed Wren is dead?!
12. I had long hoped for a scene with Mary and Veronica. Again Marlene disappoints.
13. I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants to know what happened after the Alex reveal. Did Spencer tell her parents? What does Melissa know?
14. Mona winning the game is everything. I love that Marlene went for this but honestly so much about it isn’t realistic (I know this is PLL but come on) How did she get them to Paris?!
15. Previous seasons still go unanswered. Why Ali had pictures of Aria? What did Ali do when she was missing? What was up with Garret? What was Fureys role in everything? Marlene said that Furey had apart of the AD story not just as a police officer?! Why was Byron so shady? How was Ezra just writing a book?!? Who grabbed Ali in ravenswood (Ezra)?! Who was the one who had touched the girls who Ali feared the most?
16. I’m going to finish this on a positive note (sort of). The reveal itself was so good. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I just wish it wasn’t as rushed and we had got more of our questions answered.
So many points I could add but I’ll be here forever. I’m gutted PLL has ended like this because so many of our questions will go unanswered. My expectations were so low but I was still disappointed. I want to thank everybody who puts so much time into creating incredible theories. You have made my PLL journey that much better!