I think I found a solution to the issue of the length of Phineas and Ferb’s summer.
So we all know that Milo Murphy’s Law starts on the day immediately after Phineas and Ferb ends. We also know that MML takes place in either 2016 or 2017 because of Zack’s retelling of his boy band back story, where he says ‘It was the year 2016…’. Therefore, this would also mean that every single episode of PnF (bar holiday specials, etc) also takes place in 2016 or 2017.
Which can’t happen, because that would mean over the course of three months, everyone went from using flip phones to using smart phones and calling CDs antiques. You could argue that due to PnF’s incredible and advanced technology, such a rapid increase compared to our world would make sense. However, many characters go on to express how long the summer feels; far more than 104 days and seemingly going on for even years (and yes I know these are just fourth wall jokes but listen. I can do what I want).
So what I’m suggesting is that the reason PnF’s summer went on for eight years was at the fault of Cavendish and Dakota.
So far we’re not sure why they’re hated by the agency so much, but it wouldn’t be hard to imagine that it was due to some disastrous mistake that could’ve cost them their secrecy and possibly endangered lives. What if they messed with some sort of time altering device that they shouldn’t have and then fumbled it up in some way that caused all of Danville to slow their time relative to the rest of the world? The agency would try to cover it up as best they could, convincing people stuck in time that ‘gosh, this summer just seems to drag on, doesn’t it?’, at the very best leaving a few head scratches and mild confusion. Cavendish and Dakota would be shunned and hated by all other agents for causing such a devastating mistake; pushed to the side and given the most inconsequential task possible, so there was absolutely no chance of them being able to screw up time again.
Idk this may have all been said before by others but I don’t frequent the MML tag enough to have noticed. In any case I’m not entirely sure how well this all holds up, I was just trying to make sense of this inconsistency without just saying 'don’t think about it.’ It’s almost 1am and I need to get up at six tomorrow. I’m going to go to sleep.
So the other day my mom and I were talking about introversion and extroversion and my mom says “You definitely used to be more outgoing, you weren’t always this quiet.”
So I’m like…“when was I an extrovert and what happened?” And then I remembered how friendly I was to the kids in my after care program when I was in 1st grade and how I used to say stuff that was probably really dumb because I was only 6 and didn’t know any better and I watched a lot of TV so I thought real life was like TV so I would say corny TV type things? I was just trying to make friends.
And those kids made fun of me pretty much every time I talked. They were older kids for the most part. Between 3rd and 6th grade probably.
So I stopped talking. I stopped introducing myself to people and being friendly.
And here I am now. I guess I forgot wasn’t always withdrawn?
* Dex’s dads’ names are Jerome and David
* They met when David came over from Ireland to work one summer. When he went back home, they kept in touch. When he finished college (2 years later) David moved back to Maine, and he and Jerome started dating.
* They’ve been together since David was 21, and Jerome was 20
* Jerome is from a fishing background, and still has his lobster boat.
* David gets horribly seasick, (or at least claims to) and has never gone on the lobster boat.
* David works in IT. He loves to explain why he does, but no one understands what he’s saying.
* They use pet names a lot, especially “sweetie”, “honey”, and “love”.
* They decide they’d like to start a family, and an old friend from college offers to be a surrogate.
* A few months later, they have William Jerome Poindexter. He is biologically David’s, and named after David’s Grandfather William, and Jerome.
* The elementary school Will attends is in the next town over. Its a pretty long bus ride. Before starting school, his dads tell William to tell the other kids Jerome is his uncle. He doesn’t understand why, but goes with it.
* By the time he’s in middle school, people know about his “uncle”. Will gets teased and bullied about it a lot. He’s not one for words, and instead fights with his fists. Will gets suspended so many times, but it isn’t until the fourth time that he finally tells his dads why he’s getting into fights at school.
* They complain to the principal, and no one teases Dex in school anymore.
The bus home is a different story, but Dex won’t fight on the bus.
* He goes to high school in his hometown. He promised his dads he wouldn’t get into fights anymore. Its hard, but Dex soon finds he can bite his tongue, and let his anger out when playing hockey.
* While in his first year at school he has a boyfriend who he introduces to his parents. They break up when his boyfriend moves away.
* Dex gets an athletic scholarship to Samwell. His dads are so proud of him, and they take him out for dinner to celebrate.
* At the dinner Jerome proposes to David.
* They marry the following winter. Dex is best man. Its a small ceremony, with close friends and some family. Afterwards they honeymoon in Venice.
* They can’t make it to Parents’ Weekend at Samwell the first year, because they both caught a stomach flu.
* At Samwell, Dex is doing his best to make sure he doesn’t get into fights. He is mostly successful (except where Derek Nurse is concerned).
* He reverts to calling Jerome his uncle, and avoids talking about his family or his life too much.
* Whenever anyone mentions LGBTQIAP+ community, he stays quiet. This often misinterpreted as him being either against them, or not caring one way or another.
* All year Shitty is itching to give him a lecture, but Nursey always stops him.
* Dex is seriously surprised by the “1 in 4” statistic, and asks his team about it. He’s surprised to learn there could be so many people like him on campus, and he’s so happy that so many of them can be so open. He doesn’t explain this, and his team think he’s disgusted by the figure. Chowder tries to change the subject, but things are still kinda tense with Dex and the team for a while.
* Dex’s second year, his parents are able to come to Parents’ Weekend. He introduces them to a very shocked and confused team.
* They watch the game, and are the loudest parents at Faber. Dex is so embarrassed, but also really happy.
* After the game they go for dinner. They find out Nursey’s moms had to leave early (work emergency.) and take Nursey out with them.
* Jerome and David spend the entire meal letting Dex know that they know that he’s got a crush on Nursey.
* Afterwards they talk to him seriously, and let him know they like Nursey, and that their mutual pining is sweet, but annoying. Dex denies everything.
* Until a week later, when he tells them that they were right. His dads are supportive and tell him he should go talk to Nursey.
* Dex avoids talking to Nursey for 2 days. His dads find out, and encourage him to talk to Nursey.
* Eventually he does, and they start dating. Dex tells his dads, and their really proud of themselves.
* They get Nursey’s phone number, and occasionally ring him to see how he’s doing (Nursey’s moms do the same with Dex.).
*They also ring him with dad jokes, because they reason that Nursey hasn’t had nearly enough dad jokes in his life. Dex pretends to be embarrassed, and Nursey pretends to think the jokes are awful, but they actually both love that Jerome and David do this.
When you realize that ‘Truth + Dare’ was the main theme that ran rampant throughout the MADE series. The juxtaposition of these two words that showed how two songs can be so contrasting and yet the same. With M you see truth of how life really is vs the extreme imagination of life. With A we see the life of the party vs the chill relaxation with friends, Sober showed us the complete madness of heartbreak vs the regret that comes with losing someone in If You. And finally with E we get this acceptance in not continuing love vs this boastful egocentric song that makes us feel good despite the absence of a love life.