If you could, what's five things you'd change about Avatar as a series? + Five things you'd change about Korra?
- Number One is DEFINITELY less focus on the romance. Honestly, that plot line took up TOO much of this show. I couldn’t care less about the Makorrasami love triangle. Bleh.
- I know that they were focusing on Korra and the new Team Avatar but… I wished they would have showed us more of what happened with the original Gaang when they grew up
- In my opinion… Korra was sometimes kinda, hmm… I guess I’ll use the word “confusing” at times. Idk, just sometimes her thought process would confuse tf outta me. She would make decisions and I would find myself going “…Now why the hell did she do that???” Like I know that she’s stubborn and headstrong but… come on.
- I wanted them to do more justice to Bolin. They did give him more of a motivation in the final season, but I wished they would have started it MUCH earlier… like Season 1 earlier. And knowing that LOK was at first ONLY going to consist of Season 1 and they were just gonna do Bolin like that??? Nah bruh.
- I wanted more non-bender oppression undertones throughout the series. So like, yeah yeah, Amon is bad and he was taking people’s bending away. Korra defeated Amon. I get it! But uh… it was made pretty clear that non-benders were not being treated fairly by benders and they did sort of keep this up with the dissolution of the U.R. Council and electing a non-bender as president but, they focused it more in season 1, when I wish it was brought more to the forefront of the entire series.
- BONUS: More Bolin and Mako childhood flashbacks would have been nice.
Tbh… I don’t have exactly 5 things I would change about Avatar. But I can list a few:
- I would change the first half of season 2. Season 2 is my least favorite season of ATLA. But it ironically has one of my favorite episodes everrrr (Crossroads of Destiny). To me, that season didn’t start getting good until half way thru, when the Gaang finally get to Ba Sing Se.
- Too much filler in Season 3. Fillers are okay and a nice break from the serious plot but… this was the FINAL SEASON. I could have done without some of those types of episodes (like The Headband).
- BONUS: THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AGAINST KATAANG BECAUSE I AM A MULTI-SHIPPER AND I SHIP THEM TOO BUT I CAN’T MAKE THIS LIST WITHOUT SAYING IT. I WANTED ZUTARA. 🤷🤷🤷