Hey, guys, I’m looking to commission Kinatsuen fanart (anime ot3) but I can’t find an artist who has a style I like and open commissions ;-; I have a pretty large budget available so that’s not the problem, it’s just ;lksdf where are the artists. Do y’all have any suggestions for artists or places to look? I’ve checked a few tags on Tumblr but maybe I’ve missed some
…but pls bear in mind that I’m super picky about style when I commission, so if I don’t go with someone, it’s nothing against the artist or the art, it’s just that I’m a dick like that. I’m mostly looking for something light and sweet, colorful or maybe a little pastel. But a darker, serious style wouldn’t be out of place either, because if I end up with enough money after my first commission, I want to commission something from a fantasy AU as well. Here are a couple of previous commissions I’ve gotten for them, in case any artists see this and are curious:
123 (technically just Kinatsu, not Kinatsuen, but w/e)
for the gt personality test thingie!! Pref size: small/like 6 inches, pisces, pastel pink, tbh every snack i can find, and coffee with so much creamer its not coffee anymore!! idk if i did this right lol :,D
okay, i’m definitely picking up some cute vibes. like, a tol spots you and it’s “oh i wanna put them in my pocket and cuddle them bc theyre the cutest smol”. this doesn’t mean you’re only cuteness though, you’re pretty clever and kind too! nice enough to befriend anyone you meet on your size adventures, clever so in case if you ever get in a bad spot you got the brains to figure out something unique to get out! maybe even using your charm and cute to your advantage!
bonus fact: you’d be great at helping tols cook. pushing over jars of seasoning, topping cupcakes with perfectly placed sprinkles, telling when baked goods are the perfect shade of gold. small in stature, but a total wizard in the kitchen.
//tell me your preferred size, astrology sign, favorite color, favorite snack, coffee or tea, and i’ll tell you what vibes i get and what i think you’d be like as a giant or tiny!
hey seo! what's your opinion on the tombow brush pens? are they worth the price? and also what are your fav colors / which would you recommend? thank you!!
i don’t have enough experience with other brush pens, so i’m not sure how well this opinion would hold up (?? is that the phrase? idk i don’t remember).
anyhow, i like them and they’re the only “fancy” official-ish brush pen that i have. the colors don’t bleed through my bullet journal and my notes (but i only have light / pastel / muted colors so idk for the darker ones). they also layer on really nicely.
oh yeah, another thing that i like about them is that they have a huge color range to choose from. my favorite colors atm are mist purple, asparagus green, blush, purple sage, and cool grey 6.
Art tips for anon who doesn’t know SHIT (slightly updated text and links since I didn’t actually answered to ‘how to start’ but rather gave many tips lmao):
- Have a sketchbook. Or any drawing paper just so could have it with yourself at all times. Unless you’re Artgerm, who once in some interview have stated that he doesn’t doodle in a sketchbook, ever. I wish we all were him but we all can’t be him.
- Doodle once in awhile, doesn’t have to be everyday but make it your goal. This is the best way to start. As children we all started off with doodling so why not to take it into another level when you are able to learn faster and more efficient with just doodling!
- Less “Awh they’re so much better than me and they are YOUNGER than me :(” more: “Everyone is evolving at different pace and everyone are at different point in their journey. So what can I do to improve?”
- Try to draw what makes you happy.
- Take a moments in stretching your wrists.
- (ﾉ◡‿◡)ﾉ～『✧･ﾟ: *✧･ﾟ:* Practice *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧』
- Keep a neat folder or a blog with pictures that inspire you.
- There are things like /idea generators/. Look those up.
- I know motivation is important but you need to also start learning how to do things when you don’t have it. Discipline yourself if you really want to reach some sort of “pro level” or you want to draw for a living in the future.
- Doodle/draw with a pen/permanent marker. Trust me it healthy. (if you’re starting digitally - avoid ‘Ctrl+Z/Cmd-Z’)
- You learn from mistakes ?? Like you will know next time what not to do. Like Bob Ross has said ‘’We don’t make mistakes we just have happy accidents.’’ So you either learn from them or try to adapt it into your advantage??? *
- Reference photos are friends not foes.
- Break complex forms (like dragons, insects, exotic birds, ect) into their basic shapes.
- Try various mediums if you can (watercolour, pencils, gouache, oils, pastel, oil pastels, crayons, acrylics, plasticine, papier mache, glueing an image from coloured paper or magazine? idk it seems fun lmao, digital art, ect.).
- Try new things if you feel brave enough (take up some 30 days challenge or theme challenges and you don’t even have to do them all).
- Learn from others, figure out how they accomplished something you like and would like to apply to your own liking.
- Try to ask other artists for advice/general tips.
- Ask for critiques. Others might see things you have missed. As a beginner it is usually not on the mindset, more like being afraid of it an failure but critiques can really just help you see what is wrong in your artwork.
- Don’t take criticism personally. It is a critique of an art work not the person behind it. So if you get some ‘’I don’t like it’’ for a critique, as in their personal taste, I let you punch them in the throat.
- (ﾉ◕‿◕)ﾉ～『✧･ﾟ: *✧･ﾟ:* Practice *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧』
- Again. STRETCH.DAT.WRIST. Or you may have some serious health problems in the future. Stretching and taking breaks are crucial.
- When drawing some original random characters or something like that. Make their designs somewhat believable. Doesn’t have to be just as same as in real life but it has to be fantasy-believable. It takes time to figure this one out but the earlier you learn about this the better for the future. Since if you take away all the decorative details off of your character’s design you might left off with some blond white guy wearing a shirt and some straight pants. Not extremely appealing.
If you are suffering from “same face” check out this blog and this tutorial.
- Don’t draw ladies in illogical, impractical, non-functional bikini/boob window/“bra” plate “armour”. That shit is everywhere and it sucks. It’s so damn boring not even that sexist it is just simply boring, unprofessional, lack of imagination. Unless you decided to draw men with some thongs as their ‘armour’ then please, be free to draw both like that but if your design choices are like that please get out of my face and go to the pit of shame.
- Sycra’s ‘Foundations of Light and Shadow’ is some good stuff, my friend.*
- When colouring. Remember that each colour looks a bit different near/surrounded by other colours. For example: grey is a neutral colour but will seem warm being besides or surrounded with cool colours like blue AND yet the same grey will appear cool next to warm tones of oranges or reds. So if you see someone say “light skinned men lower part of the face is more blue than their forehead/middle part” please don’t use actual blue but just make it more neutral/to the grey area.
- If light source is warm (sun or fire) then shadows will look cooler. If light source is cool(most of artificial lightings) then shadows appear warmer.I already mentioned how grey appears near different colours so this is the same the lighter area appear more warm or cool depending on the light source while the shadows stays usually /neutral/ I mean there can be more than one light source, or depends from the weather outside, ect.
- Really do not shade with black and white. That is unrealistic and mostly boring. You can check that with put a white paper close to a bright light source, put something white on that paper and near that object put some bright red object, the white object will have shades of red on it’s side. So would you choose to draw that shadow with still only shades of black? or add red? Same for objects outside, the sky is blue, the shadows becomes more blue, the sun is emitting warm light so shadows already looked cooler. Just to colouring there are so many things.
- People’s skin have different undertones. It can be orange, red, purple, yellow in almost any ethnicity (you can figure it out when looking at the skin w/o direct sunlight or in the shadows). ∩(︶▽︶)∩ *
- Do not forget about different possibilities for lighting: strong lighting, night lights, light from behind, ambient light, light from below, different colour lights and even underwater.
- Things in focal points are more detailed, sharpest edges, highest value contrast while everything else can be blurred and faded out. *
- Wet objects are darker and shinier if the surface is smooth enough and there is enough of water).
- Clothes has folds and different textures which determine the “highlight” which usually doesn’t exist on clothes but people draws those as if it’s some latex.
- (ﾉ⊙‿⊙)ﾉ～『✧･ﾟ: *✧･ﾟ:* PRACTICE *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧』
-If you’re digital art rookie then FLIP THE IMAGE HORIZONTALLY.
- Thumbnailing is the best (think of some film with great cinematography/composition - draw as many scenes as you can from that movie).
- When you think you’re done. Take a picture of it with your phone. You will know if it’s really done or not (doesn’t matter if it’s a traditional or digital art work).
- Check values with either taking a picture and making it black and white or digitally with desaturation(sai)/‘colour’ mode black layer (Photoshop).
- Use guide/leading “lines” so your drawing isn’t all over the place and you don’t know where to look. Make the viewer look at that one most important point. *
Last song I listened to: Fantastic Baby - Big Bang
Last movie I watched: Problem, IDK
Top three TV shows: The Walking Dead, Sherlock and um… crap I don’t watch TV enough so I guess the lastest K Drama, Angry Mom, will suffice. Top three characters: Kim Bok Joo from Weightlifting Fairy. Kyoya Ootori from Ouran High School Host Club. Jumin Han from Mystic Messenger. Top three ships: BTS all in a relationship with each other, Kyoya x Haruhi and Me x Yoongi CourtGi?
NAME. jordy! GENDER. gender neutral. EYE COLOR. a green. a very ungreen green. HAIR COLOR. a dark blonde? a light brunette? idk. RELATIONSHIP STATUS. single and very much looking! ZODIAC. pisces. FAVORITE COLOR. yellow! and black! and pastel colors in general! FAVORITE SEASON. any weather that’s just cold enough to wear sweaters. FAVORITE PLACE. my bed, tbh. i love sleeping and napping. FAVORITE HOLIDAY. christmas!!!! i love the jolly, jovial, silly, fun, caring spirit of the season! FAVORITE VIDEO GAME. bioshock infinite (love the luteces) and portal! they both have such great plots and interesting characters! LAST SHOW YOU WATCHED. american gods (lowkey in love w/ mr. wednesday after the latest ep). WHAT’S YOUR HONEST OPINION ABOUT YOUR MUSE? i… love… mim! mim has been such a comfort character. mim being so unapologetically odd/neurodivergent/itself and comfortable in being that has been so influential in regard to my own contentedness with myself. and mim being agender helped me understand and come to terms with my own gender??? before mim i never really thought about or considered my own gender and now, b/c of writing mim, i’m happily identifying as gender neutral. like??? mim has helped me so much? it’s incredible. WOULD YOU DATE YOUR MUSE? absolutely not. we wouldn’t be a good couple. i don’t think we’d mesh well like that. but i think we’d be good friends! WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE KINDS OF THREADS? i don’t have a fav b/c i like rping on tumblr precisely b/c there’s always such variety! i love variety! i like having diff tones and contexts and purposes for threads! ARE YOU A SELECTIVE ROLEPLAYER? i try not to be! i want to be able to write w/ anyone who wants to write w/ me! that being said, i know some writing styles and some characters just don’t mesh well with me or my character. or the person is just… not someone i jive well w/. but i rarely, rarely happen upon instances like that! DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE MUSE? don’t ask me this!!!!!! WHAT MADE YOU DECIDE TO JOIN THE FANDOM? i Created this fandom. it is mine. i inhabit it and rule it kindly and enthusiastically encourage others to join mim’s world. DO YOU SEE YOURSELF STAYING WITH THE FANDOM FOR A LONG TIME? ofc. i’m writing a kind-of-graphic-novel-like novel of it. and that’s gonna take a Long While so, yeah!
Hi hello sorry for my awkwardness and idk if you'll ship me with someone but I just saw an anon do it and it seemed really cool. I'm female, have short brown hair, a bit socially awkward, usually wears dark clothes but also love pastel stuff, violent and angry if provoked, love horror films and gore, really into psychology and art, love music, love the night, hopefully that's enough and sorry if it's too much. Thank you 😊 (love your blog❤️) You can ship me with a serial killer or school shooter
You’re not that akward haha :)
I’d ship you with Richard Ramirez! I see you spending your time at creepy places like the cemetary Richard slept in and rather stay awake at night and sleep during the day. I think you’d be the perfect cute but at the same time little angry bean for him ❤
Favourite colour: black, grey, dark blue, pink, pastel pink, rose gold
Hours of sleep: 4 to 6 or 7 on average, but i can sleep through the whole day if i’m depressed enough
Lucky number: 6 lmao
Favourite characters: Rita (Fallout OC) yes im that vain, Arcade Gannon (Fallout: New Vegas), Deacon (Fallout 4), Nick Valentine (Fallout 4), Glory (Fallout 4) , Jesse McCree (Overwatch), Elizabeth (Bioshock: Infinite), Atlas (Bioshock), Mordin Solus (Mass Effect), Aria T’Loak (Mass Effect), Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect), @instishoot ‘s and @fraenkysjunk ‘s OCs (I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE FALLOUT GIRLS!!!!!!!!!)
Dream job: translator, man tiddies’ density expert, sugar baby lmao