favorite and least favorite hannibal and will's outfits?
Okay so I have a whole lotta outfit Feelings when it comes to these two, but I think my absolute fav looks for both of them happened during Potage.
Like just look at these Soft Minnesota Dads
Will looks especially dashing during Minnesota Dadding Day 1
I mean just look at that Soft sweater/plaid combo with just a hint of danger via gun and temporary badge. Who wouldn’t wanna snuggle up next to this murder minx on a brisk Minnesota evening in front of the fire while sipping cocoa and talking about cannibalism.
And as good as Hannibal looked on Dadding Day 1, his Dadding Day 2 look definitely takes all of the Minnesota Dadding Cake
Like god damn god dAMN Hanners tone it down a bit some of us are trying to survive this series.
(And I think it should be noted here that Will re-wore his Day 1 sweater on Day 2, sans-plaid, because he is a practical man and packs as lightly and efficiently as possible, while Hannibal likely brought along several trunks brimming with Dad Looks because he is just So Much always.)
As for least favorite looks… IDK. It’s hard to pick a least favorite for Will because he looks good in literally everything, from sweaters to blood and moonlight.
I do, however, have a least favorite for Hannibal, and it is this pale blue monstrosity he wore when Jack first paid him a visit:
It’s not that I don’t think Hannibal can pull of pastels. He absolutely can (I own his yellow shirt and tie from Sorbet and it’s one of my favorite looks) but it’s just… it’s too much. Or maybe not enough? Whatever it is, I’m definitely not a fan. :P
another addition to the mermaid AU (PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION IN THE LINK)! and this time it’s not nsfw so I can post it lmao. mermaid jjong was transported to the palace and magical creature loving king jinki can get more info on the species but prince taemin isn’t happy about it.
(note that there’s a significant age difference between jinki and taem in this AU…… idk jinki is old enough not to care what his advisors might think about his science quirk, while taem is smol enough to be a brat. a brat that is jealous of his talking fish person pet.)
Hey, guys, I’m looking to commission Kinatsuen fanart (anime ot3) but I can’t find an artist who has a style I like and open commissions ;-; I have a pretty large budget available so that’s not the problem, it’s just ;lksdf where are the artists. Do y’all have any suggestions for artists or places to look? I’ve checked a few tags on Tumblr but maybe I’ve missed some
…but pls bear in mind that I’m super picky about style when I commission, so if I don’t go with someone, it’s nothing against the artist or the art, it’s just that I’m a dick like that. I’m mostly looking for something light and sweet, colorful or maybe a little pastel. But a darker, serious style wouldn’t be out of place either, because if I end up with enough money after my first commission, I want to commission something from a fantasy AU as well. Here are a couple of previous commissions I’ve gotten for them, in case any artists see this and are curious:
123 (technically just Kinatsu, not Kinatsuen, but w/e)
I’ve found my artist and gotten my commission. Thank you to everyone who responded!
Art tips for anon who doesn’t know SHIT (slightly updated text and links since I didn’t actually answered to ‘how to start’ but rather gave many tips lmao):
- Have a sketchbook. Or any drawing paper just so could have it with yourself at all times. Unless you’re Artgerm, who once in some interview have stated that he doesn’t doodle in a sketchbook, ever. I wish we all were him but we all can’t be him.
- Doodle once in awhile, doesn’t have to be everyday but make it your goal. This is the best way to start. As children we all started off with doodling so why not to take it into another level when you are able to learn faster and more efficient with just doodling!
- Less “Awh they’re so much better than me and they are YOUNGER than me :(” more: “Everyone is evolving at different pace and everyone are at different point in their journey. So what can I do to improve?”
- Try to draw what makes you happy.
- Take a moments in stretching your wrists.
- (ﾉ◡‿◡)ﾉ～『✧･ﾟ: *✧･ﾟ:* Practice *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧』
- Keep a neat folder or a blog with pictures that inspire you.
- There are things like /idea generators/. Look those up.
- I know motivation is important but you need to also start learning how to do things when you don’t have it. Discipline yourself if you really want to reach some sort of “pro level” or you want to draw for a living in the future.
- Doodle/draw with a pen/permanent marker. Trust me it healthy. (if you’re starting digitally - avoid ‘Ctrl+Z/Cmd-Z’)
- You learn from mistakes ?? Like you will know next time what not to do. Like Bob Ross has said ‘’We don’t make mistakes we just have happy accidents.’’ So you either learn from them or try to adapt it into your advantage??? *
- Reference photos are friends not foes.
- Break complex forms (like dragons, insects, exotic birds, ect) into their basic shapes.
- Try various mediums if you can (watercolour, pencils, gouache, oils, pastel, oil pastels, crayons, acrylics, plasticine, papier mache, glueing an image from coloured paper or magazine? idk it seems fun lmao, digital art, ect.).
- Try new things if you feel brave enough (take up some 30 days challenge or theme challenges and you don’t even have to do them all).
- Learn from others, figure out how they accomplished something you like and would like to apply to your own liking.
- Try to ask other artists for advice/general tips.
- Ask for critiques. Others might see things you have missed. As a beginner it is usually not on the mindset, more like being afraid of it an failure but critiques can really just help you see what is wrong in your artwork.
- Don’t take criticism personally. It is a critique of an art work not the person behind it. So if you get some ‘’I don’t like it’’ for a critique, as in their personal taste, I let you punch them in the throat.
- (ﾉ◕‿◕)ﾉ～『✧･ﾟ: *✧･ﾟ:* Practice *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧』
- Again. STRETCH.DAT.WRIST. Or you may have some serious health problems in the future. Stretching and taking breaks are crucial.
- When drawing some original random characters or something like that. Make their designs somewhat believable. Doesn’t have to be just as same as in real life but it has to be fantasy-believable. It takes time to figure this one out but the earlier you learn about this the better for the future. Since if you take away all the decorative details off of your character’s design you might left off with some blond white guy wearing a shirt and some straight pants. Not extremely appealing.
If you are suffering from “same face” check out this blog and this tutorial.
- Don’t draw ladies in illogical, impractical, non-functional bikini/boob window/“bra” plate “armour”. That shit is everywhere and it sucks. It’s so damn boring not even that sexist it is just simply boring, unprofessional, lack of imagination. Unless you decided to draw men with some thongs as their ‘armour’ then please, be free to draw both like that but if your design choices are like that please get out of my face and go to the pit of shame.
- Sycra’s ‘Foundations of Light and Shadow’ is some good stuff, my friend.*
- When colouring. Remember that each colour looks a bit different near/surrounded by other colours. For example: grey is a neutral colour but will seem warm being besides or surrounded with cool colours like blue AND yet the same grey will appear cool next to warm tones of oranges or reds. So if you see someone say “light skinned men lower part of the face is more blue than their forehead/middle part” please don’t use actual blue but just make it more neutral/to the grey area.
- If light source is warm (sun or fire) then shadows will look cooler. If light source is cool(most of artificial lightings) then shadows appear warmer.I already mentioned how grey appears near different colours so this is the same the lighter area appear more warm or cool depending on the light source while the shadows stays usually /neutral/ I mean there can be more than one light source, or depends from the weather outside, ect.
- Really do not shade with black and white. That is unrealistic and mostly boring. You can check that with put a white paper close to a bright light source, put something white on that paper and near that object put some bright red object, the white object will have shades of red on it’s side. So would you choose to draw that shadow with still only shades of black? or add red? Same for objects outside, the sky is blue, the shadows becomes more blue, the sun is emitting warm light so shadows already looked cooler. Just to colouring there are so many things.
- People’s skin have different undertones. It can be orange, red, purple, yellow in almost any ethnicity (you can figure it out when looking at the skin w/o direct sunlight or in the shadows). ∩(︶▽︶)∩ *
- Do not forget about different possibilities for lighting: strong lighting, night lights, light from behind, ambient light, light from below, different colour lights and even underwater.
- Things in focal points are more detailed, sharpest edges, highest value contrast while everything else can be blurred and faded out. *
- Wet objects are darker and shinier if the surface is smooth enough and there is enough of water).
- Clothes has folds and different textures which determine the “highlight” which usually doesn’t exist on clothes but people draws those as if it’s some latex.
- (ﾉ⊙‿⊙)ﾉ～『✧･ﾟ: *✧･ﾟ:* PRACTICE *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧』
-If you’re digital art rookie then FLIP THE IMAGE HORIZONTALLY.
- Thumbnailing is the best (think of some film with great cinematography/composition - draw as many scenes as you can from that movie).
- When you think you’re done. Take a picture of it with your phone. You will know if it’s really done or not (doesn’t matter if it’s a traditional or digital art work).
- Check values with either taking a picture and making it black and white or digitally with desaturation(sai)/‘colour’ mode black layer (Photoshop).
- Use guide/leading “lines” so your drawing isn’t all over the place and you don’t know where to look. Make the viewer look at that one most important point. *
(Not chase related srry) Okay but Dan and Phil technically have egos? I'm not trying to change the Phandom or anything,I just thought I'd point out that they do. I mean, yeah there's Ablazingphil and Dark Dan,but there's the Pastel and Punk personas, along with Becky and Jessica. Idk just felt like I should point it out. Thoughts?
I don’t know enough about Dan and Phil to pretend I have a clear opinion, but if you think they are egos, then they are :) - Mod Lily