Hi ! (Should the request be posted here ? I'm not sure, sorry if it's not ! It's my first time ever asking something ><) Could you, maybe, write headcanons about Todoroki helping his s/o who has a nail biting habit and is trying to stop ? (Idk if it's considered as a mental illness so sorry again if it is). I'm currently trying to stop but it's so hard haha... Btw, your blog is so sweet, I can't stop smiling while reading your posts ♡ Thank you :D
Hi lovely! And don’t worry, you’re fine, you did everything correctly =) I very much hope I could write this well enough and that you’re going to like it! Aside from that, thank you so very much for your kind words, I’m very happy that my posts manage to make you smile <3 I hope everything works out well for you and that you’ll succeed with what you want to do! I’m cheering for you and I believe in you, you can do it! =D
- When his partner asks him for help, he talks with them about it first. What kind of situations cause them to bite nails? Is it pressure, nervousness or other people? Are there times when they wouldn’t welcome him touching them? Do they already know things that help them stop biting nails?
- Once he knows what his partner is and isn’t comfortable with or when they would start their habit, he looks out for it a bit. When he’s beside his partner and he notices them raising their hand towards their mouth, he gently catches it with his and lightly links their fingers to give them a small squeeze.
- Otherwise, if he notices his partner is about to bite their nails and they’re close to each other, he gives them a gentle nudge with his elbow or knee, to bring their attention back to their body.
- In case they don’t want him to do that or that he isn’t around, they start to look for solutions. Is chewing gum helping? Or some kind of small stress ball that his partner can easily carry around in their pocket? Do they like to fiddle with something to occupy their hands? Maybe they can start picking up a hobby like knitting or wood carving or other creative things that keep their fingers busy? He’s willing to try out everything his partner is interested in to see if there is something that helps them and that they’re comfortable with.
- If it’s winter, Todoroki makes sure his partner wears gloves as much as possible or, if that is something they want and are okay with, he goes with them to pick out a nail polish that tastes really bitter and is supposed to help in getting rid of the habit.
- Aside from that, Todoroki offers to talk with his partner or to go out on walks or runs with them, so they can let go of some of their energy or tell him about what troubles them or to distract themselves. He’s there for them and he’ll help them as much as he can.