do you know how you're gonna avoid ndrv3 spoilers until it comes out in English?? because I really would love to play the game w/o knowing all the murders and stuff but on this site idk how to avoid spoilers and I'm following a lot of dr blogs I don't want to just unfollow mutuals ygm???? what should I do????
Yes hello there anon, sorry for only responding now, I was pretty tired last night after streaming! Anyway, I’ll just list pretty much everything that I have planned and hope that it’ll help you out:
1. Of course, blacklist the heck out of “ndrv3 spoilers” and other v3 name variants like “drv3 spoilers”, etc. If you wanna be extra careful and don’t mind not seeing the characters for a while blacklist the whole ndrv3 tag overall.
2. Close submissions. People can just send you an ask if they want to show you something.
3. Turn off anonymous. I personally won’t do this, but more about that in the next point.
4. Really silly sounding, but if possible, get someone who understands what spoilers are/or is into Danganronpa themselves and doesn’t mind spoilers and let them check your ask box. It has to be someone you trust of course, I trust my best friend with everything so she will check my ask box for me to prevent spoilers. I’ll leave anon on for the shy ones.
5. Check your favorite blogs and mutuals to see if they have written about spoilers in their description or in a link on their blog. “I will tag spoilers” “I won’t tag spoilers” is a common phrase I see for bigger blogs to give you a warning beforehand. If they don’t say anything about spoilers on their blog check their past entries to see if they actually tag things (including spoilers).
6. Yeah, you’ll probably have to unfollow them if they don’t tag spoilers and refuse to do so for whatever reason (which is completely ok). Just write those blogs down and go follow again after you’ve played through NDRV3 yourself.
7. I personally will go on Hiatus on the release date of the English localisation because I am sure my dash will blow up that day. I will play the game myself, then come back onto my blog. I’ll announce this beforehand.
8. No more tumblr mobile.
9. A lot of mutuals will probably also wait for the English release, so you’ll prolly be on the same boat, you might wanna talk to them about it. Chances are they will not even reblog any spoilers.
10. Make tumblr chat available for blogs you follow only.
11. Add “No spoilers about NDRV3 please” in your description and/or ask box. Yes, there might be jerks who want to ruin your experience through ask box, but with the precautions I’m taking I’m just gonna let my friend block them without me even seeing those spoilers. Too bad for them.
Outside of tumblr:
1. Youtube. New Youtube account. No clicking or watching Danganronpa videos. You might get recommendations about NDRV3 that way, including spoilery thumbnails and/or spoilery titles.
2. Discord/Skype. No more group chats where people you don’t know properly yet are. I will leave all Discord groups that are DR-based aside from my streaming group because I completely trust them.
3. AO3. No searching through Danganronpa - All Media Types (or the NDRV3 of course) fanfics. Check just game/other specifics like Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc nd stuff. Possibly block NDRV3 fanfics too in case someone decided to put the ndrv3 cast and previous casts together.
4. For all of those who go to Cons with a cosplay: It probably won’t be a good idea to cosplay a NDRV3 character before you have played the game. I don’t wanna limit you on this, but it is possible that someone would accidentally slip a few spoilery words out towards you without even meaning it.
5. Streaming-sites. Including art streaming site Picarto. You prolly won’t want to join if you don’t know the streamer properly and see that they’re making DR art or is streaming DR content.
6. As a streamer yourself. I personally will start private streaming and giving the links to people I know frequent my streams/people whom I trust only. This option on Picarto is only available with a Premium account.
7. Google. You know google is the big source for all those sweet, sweet Danganronpa spoilers. Heard of Danganronpa for the first time and you’re googling the pics? Well, too bad, scroll just a tiny bit down and you’ve been spoiled. You probably don’t want to google Danganronpa after it’s been a while since the release.
8. This should be a given: Danganronpa Wikia. It’s a spoiler landmine, don’t go on there. Even if you just want to add a picture for a previous game’s character, the most recent pictures added to the Wiki will show up and they are most likely going to be things such as executions and other spoilers.
9. Ask people (tumblr or outside, whatever) when the English NDRV3 will be instead of trying to search it yourself (unless you get like a heads up on your dashboard or something).
Download MP3 (music only) or MP4 (video) files of YouTube videos if you:
-Want to still listen to DR OST and your only source has been YouTube up to now. Go download your favorite tracks in MP3 format to listen to them privately so you do not have to try and wiggle your way around through YouTube only to see a spoiler.
-Want to still watch some videos. Perhaps you want to download the NDRV3 trailers and maybe the opening too (which I suspect will come out before the game just like the DR2 opening if I’m not mistaken), or other DR videos. Download them in MP4 format instead of going on a risky adventure on the DR side of YouTube.
My thoughts on when NDRV3 might come out:
This is just my pure speculation and nothing official of course, but I thought I’d voice my expectations for the waiting time on here:
DR1 JP first release (PSP): 25th of November 2010
DR1 NA first release (Vita): 11th of February 2014
-> a 3 year and 78 days gap
SDR2 JP first release (PSP): 26th of July 2012
SDR2 NA first release (Vita): 2nd September 2014
-> a 2 year and 99 days gap
DR:AE JP first release (Vita): 25th of September 2014
DR:AE NA first release (Vita): 1st September 2014
-> a 11 months and 7 days gap
EU and AUS release are usually just a few days after NA release.
I personally suspect that it will take less than a year, just like DR:AE. I heard DR:AE didn’t do so well in NA, apparently? I cannot say this for sure, but I’m hoping that that doesn’t scare them off since NDRV3 is a main series title after all. I am hoping it will take 8 months, but do not take my word for that. This is gonna be a tedious wait.
I hope this helps at least a little bit.