Never read Sarah j Mass (?? Idk how to spell her name) books but I saw a post where you said you disliked her? Is there a reason? I'm just curious I'm by hating lol
When I said ‘disliked’, anon, I didn’t want to offend any of my followers - I’ve got quite a few users with SJM lit-related URLS.
But ‘dislike’ may be too brief of a word. When I say I ‘dislike’ SJM, I actually mean I absolutely detest her and her writing, and both of them need to stay the hell away from me.
- poor world building
- Bella Swan 2.0 protagonists
- love triangles + star crossed lovers + there’s always royal blood involved
- the gratuitous, explicit sex scenes (AHEM there’s a particularly memorable beach scene in the TOG series)
- the absolute lack of diversity
- her refusal to see diversity as important
- mention of colonization and implications of imperalism
- DEUS EX MACHINA
- toxic, sexually abusive relationships portrayed as ideal romantic couplings
- the word ‘mate’ coming up every so often to describe both members of a relationship (ACOMAF)
- plagiarism of Harry Potter elements
- feeble and cringeworthy attempts at sweeping imagery
- and more!