- Oh mijn god - Oh my god
- Godverdomme - Goddamnit.
- Gadverdamme - Mostly used in the Netherlands in gross situations. - Gadverdamme, Josh threw up!
- Idioot - Idiot
- Hou je kop - Shut up (literally ‘shut your head/face)
- Kak (Dutch), stront (Belgian) - Shit - ‘Kak, I’m late’, ‘Het is strontweer’ (It’s shitweather)
- Kut - Quite vulgar word for vagina. Used like ‘shit’ or ‘fuck’ - ‘Kut! I forgot my homework!’ You can also put ‘kut’ before any word. If you fall off the stairs, you can say ‘Kut trap!’. You got stung by a bee? ‘Kut bij!’
- Klote(n) - Quite vulgar word for balls.- ‘Kus mijn kloten!’ (Kiss my balls), ‘Wat een kloteweer’ (Literally: What a ballweather.) You can, like ‘kut’, put ‘klote’ before any word.
- Pik - Quite vulgar word for penis - Wat doe je nou, pik?! (What are you doing now, dick?!)
- (Rot)zak - Literally (rotting) sack. - Dick, prick,…
- Lik mijn reet - Lick my ass
- Kus mijn reet - Kiss my ass
- Homo - Gay man
- Flikker - Faggot
- Pot - Gay woman
- Mongool - Disabled person
- Debiel - Disabled person
- Hoer - Whore
- Teef - Bitch
A lot of Dutch people consider diseases like cancer, tyfus,… as swearwords for some reason. They combine it with anything; from ‘Kankerweer’ (cancerweather) to ‘Kankerhoer’ (cancerwhore) to ‘Tyfuslijer’ (Tyfussufferer). Although you may hear this a lot in the Netherlands, this is uncommon in Belgium.
Words like flikker and pot also are very offensive to gay people.
Please do not do this EVER; even if you hear others say it.
Any suggestions? Comment :)