It seemed colder on the long ride back to Winterfell, though the wind had died by then and the sun was higher in the sky. Bran rode with his brothers, well ahead of the main party, his pony struggling hard to keep up with their horses.
“The deserter died bravely,” Robb said. He was big and broad and growing every day, with his mother’s coloring, the fair skin, red-brown hair, and blue eyes of the Tullys of Riverrun. “He had courage, at the least.”
I made a short, 3 am thing here about a Neil who grew up as his father’s son rather than Riko’s player, and now here’s my rant about it. (I will write about it eventually, alongside my Cinderella AU and my cliche high school AU. Maybe. I’m aiming to do so) (What should I call this AU? Heir AU? Butcher AU? I think I’ll go with Heir for now)
This got incredibly long because for some reason I decided to plan an entire fic wow
so this is a nathaniel who was never sold to the moriyamas
a nathaniel whose father was never in debt
a nathaniel who takes the time to learn how to take over his father’s empire
he learns how to cut and carve and the best places to aim and how to cut a man’s eye out and how to torture with only a few weapons
because hes not at risk, his mother doesnt take him away
i imagine that, considering her own history, she doesnt let him ignore her side and teaches him how to fight physically and how to use a gun
(not that nathan would let him ignore that either, but he wouldnt prioritize it like she would)
perhaps nathaniel grows up beside ichirou rather than kevin and riko because theyre heirs to their fathers
now, nathan and mary frown upon exy but it keeps him in shape and it does something with his pent up energy
besides, exy makes him seem normal-ish
(hc nathan puts nathaniel into a private school and the private school happens to have exy)
until nathaniel turns thirteen and he makes his own kill
its gradual but hes brought into the business more and more as he grows older so he has less time for exy
and nathaniel cant say he really likes being the future butcher
but he knows better than to go against his father and mother
Okay, i understand you all probably want some Voltron: Season 2 stuff, but in my defense i finished this days before then and just forgot it existed until just now XD So yeah, have some out of the blue Chibi!Laurent as i work on some Klance and maybe oTHer sTuFF if you guys have any requests XD
Can you explain what you meant when you said the dizzee and thor kiss (almost kiss I couldn't tell?) scene was packed with meaning? I'm an oblivious bitch and subtlety goes over my head I'm not good at picking out deeper meaning in things
ok ok so this is gonna be long (I’m sorry)
Also by scene, I meant the whole scene when they’re at the party.
1) Dizzee’s character arc. From the moment dizzee enters the party, you can see that something important for Dizzee’s character is about to happen… It’s filmed/edited in a way that showcases that this is a first experience for him. And they’re telling us that this is abt him in relation to the LGBT community. They go from shots of dizzee looking mesmerized to shots of the club displaying various forms of LGBT expression. From the music, to the colours, to “vogueing”, etc. You can clearly see that everyone there is having a good time. You’re hearing cheers all over the place and you’re hearing Thor chuckle along with them.
2) Safe space and Freedom. So I feel like this scene is running on two main themes: freedom and safe spaces. So, at some point Dizzee asks Thor “what is this place?” and his answer is “this is where free people run free. Just birds singing their bird voice. Doing bird things”. In this moment Dizzee is being told that he can be whoever he wants to be here. And what does he do? He gives Thor the record of “set me free”. I mean idk if I’m reading too much into it but it feels like there’s some symbolism in that action. He’s at a gay club for the first time with a boy he likes and he’s told that he’s in a place where “free people run free” and then he goes ahead and gives that boy he likes a copy of a record that he loves bc he’s stated before that the record “is gonna set so many ppl free” and tells him that it made him think of him. This means he’s been associating freedom with Thor or maybe who he’s allowed to be when he’s with Thor.
3) The whole scene is about lgbt expression. And Dizzee is clearly interested in knowing more about it. He keeps asking questions. And he keeps getting answers that reaffirm that everyone is allowed to be free in this space. I mean that part of the scene where he asks “are they boy or girls” and we get that focus on gender and its relation to being lgbt. And then he keeps asking questions abt everything, he keeps looking mesmerized by everything, and we keep getting explanations abt different aspects of lgbt expression from that era. Vogueing, for instance.
4) Now going back to this being an important moment for Dizzee. So, in the first half of the scene we see Dizzee discovering new things abt lgbt expression and in the second half of the scene we see why they were important for dizzee. It’s all flows so well tbh. As the audience you’re already intrigued by this whole scene. As an lgbt viewer, I’m already excited abt lgbt expression being treated like this and we’re all sensing where it’s going. So, then the girl kissed Dizzee and Thor said “my turn” and as soon as he said it the feel of the scene changed. It feels different bc the lighting changed and they immediately transitioned into playing “telepathy”. So, basically the first half of the scene was preparing him bc he kept being told that he could be who he was here. He kept being told that freedom is welcome in that space. He was being shown that being lgbt is okay. And, in the second half of the scene when Thor says “my turn”, Dizzee gets to have his moment and we (lgbt viewers) get to have one with him.
5) Telepathy. That moment again is laced with meaning and they did it by choosing “telepathy” as their song. That’s a recurring theme for them too. They’re “just two psychic boys” after all. And the way the scene is playing out with the lyrics playing loudly around them. You see different moments between them when the song is playing. I mean, at some point the lyrics go “boy you keep me safe from harm” and the shot goes to Dizzee looking completely mesmerized by everything to Thor smiling at him.
And then we have the “it’s okay… Go on. Kiss him” which again is reassuring Dizzee that he’s safe there and that it’s okay for him to have those feelings for Thor. And to add more meaning to this moment… the song suddenly slows down and the lighting changes again. That’s meant to tell us (the audience) that something important is abt to happen so we better pay attention. It’s pulling focus towards Dizzee and Thor. Giving them the spotlight as soon as the song slows down. It makes it seem like they’re alone for a second. That the moment is changing bc not only is Dizzee discovering something abt himself, it’s also meant to show us the attraction between the two characters. So, then they “kiss” and there’s that beautiful shot of their silhouettes as they’re leaning on each other’s foreheads and there’s another transition with the music and lighting. As soon as “set me free” starts playing the feeling of the scene is lighter. Dizzee had his big moment. And now he gets to celebrate. It means a lot that as they’re pulling apart, the beat starts picking up and we see them looking at each other, smiling and dancing. It’s even better bc the song that closes that scene is “set me free”, a song about freedom. It’s like they went full circle with that theme.
So yeah… I just feel like there’s a lot that goes with everything that was done in that scene. It feels like they wanted to convey a message. And it was a good message. A message of freedom and acceptance for the lgbt community.
summary: Shiro has pretty clear intentions; Allura clearly has no idea what’s going on. Or, The 5 times Allura was completely oblivious to Shiro’s crush, and the one time she wasn’t. notes: shallura hell is reading all the fics on tumblr/ao3 3 times and still not being satisfied so you have to write your own
The original mission
objective was to liberate the small planet from a tyrannical
government–which, at first, just seemed to be a normal level of
corrupt, but after some digging they discovered Galra influences as
the driving force behind it all. Some rich, lucky power-monger had
discovered he could save his own skin but selling out his people.
Shiro kept a pretty
short list of things he hated, but sellouts definitely made it on to
Liberating such a
small planet surely wouldn’t attract too much Galra attention, and at
the least it would just be a thorn in Zarkon’s side. Personally,
Shiro would rather put a spear, or a handful of blaster bolts into
said side, but beggars can’t be choosers.
They didn’t really
go into it with a plan; at least, Shiro didn’t. The esteemed princess
of Altea, however, got a certain gleam in her eye that sent shivers
down his spine. Terrifying and powerful was a good luck on her.
(Technically, everything was a good look on her, but that was
more because Shiro tended to look at her as if she hung the stars
than anything else.)
몰래 듣지 마요 Don't Listen In Secret (cover) mixed version
so i did this thing, basically forcing adding my voice into the song. i recorded most part of the song and also the harmonies. idek what to call it, a cover? a duet? a remix? but yeah. i just thought it’d be interesting do try something different. so give it a listen if you want and let me know what you think about this :)
you know what’s cool about my friend who has major social anxiety? she doesn’t use it to put herself down. she doesn’t use it to call herself weak, or lesser of a person. if i’m going out and i invite her out, all she has to say is can’t, anxiety. and i get it. and i go out with other friends and i see her on her time when she can socialize and not feel like the weight of the world is crushing down on her. when i tell her i’m hanging out in the living room and she lets me know, can’t, anxiety, i’m staying in my bedroom. i get it. and i don’t push her, and i don’t pity her. i understand her.
all i’m trying to say i guess, is that when things get hard mentally, and someone calls themselves weak, it upsets me. knowing your limits isn’t a weakness. being able to openly say “yeah, i didn’t go to that last week, because you know, anxiety.” isn’t something i’m going to pity a person for, and it certainly doesn’t mean i’m thinking less of you. and it bothers me to see people who have severe anxiety, and other things, equating it to a weakness. being able to openly talk about your anxiety and your depression and your inability to function as what you or society sees as common isn’t a fault. hell, it’s a strength to be able to say, “can’t, anxiety.” and i think it’s an even bigger strength of the person you’re saying it to, to be able to understand that, even if they don’t feel the same way. strength and empathy. that’s all i guess.
I can't help but feel sorry for yurio.. about the promise victor made him. i absolutely love victor and yuri together, but that doesn't mean victor could talk to yurio about why he broke the promise. i mean yurio is after all just 15 and not near as mature as victor. who wouldn't be mad if someone promise you something and then dissapeared without telling you why? specially after episode 10. i just want victor and yurio to understand each other..
Yeah, Yuri was definitely looking forward to Victor’s promise. It’s completely reasonable for Yuri to be mad. But to be honest, it seems like Yuri’s been moving past that and focusing on what’s more important, which is moving forward and improving his skating or at least directing that anger towards something else idek. The broken promise and new talented competitors were wake up calls for him. Victor stated in his thoughts, “If I’d stayed in Russia as a competitor, Yurio wouldn’t be this motivated to fight.” Though yeah, maybe they just need a heart to heart or something like that to completely understand each other
EDIT: Whoops, my apologies, yeah it slipped my mind that Victor’s promise was technically only to choreograph a routine. But what I said above still stays the same.
hi hello so recently i hit 500 followers haha and so i decided to do this follow thing that i stil have no idea what its called AND THE LESBROADWAY AND MEMES GOT SEPARATED IN THE EDITING KMS okay but im tagging all my mutuals so go follow them please!! they’re all really great people and their blogs are amazing
(literally just in the order that they followed me)
Summary: An empty storage room and the stress of exam season. Two people that it just overwhelmed too much. High School AU. Fluff. Slight Angst.
(AN:idek what the hell this is. the request says anything namjoon and this random shit happened i feel like it’s shit and i might take it down later but yeah it happened. -Tanisha<3)
Exam season. It
got to everyone. At your last school, you saw someone swan dive off a table and
start a mob fight during a study session in a cafeteria just because of the
madness-inducing stress of exam season. This school was no different. Their reputation
as top-notch for arts and science made the students extra reluctant to crack,
but you saw it; in their eyes, in their mannerisms, in the small comments they
made to each other whenever teachers set another assignment or even just
mentioned a looming exam. These kids were a lot smarter than the kids at your
last public school but you knew that fact could only mean when they did crack,
their falling grace would be so much harder so watch.
You have tourettes?? :0 For how long have you had tics? What kind are they? (Sorry for the interrogation I think this is v interesting)
idek man it took some time before i realised what they were even (i was diagnosed like two years ago). they change all the time and they’re pretty mild which is good bc it means they’re mostly just annoying, but yeah i keep like hitting my phone screen and remotes and keyboards n stuff with my fingers when i use them which is why keeping the controller still during a video game is damn near impossible bc every instinct in me is telling me to tap my fingers against it lmao
i also keep backspacing stuff when i write??? like i’ll write a word and then backspace and rewrite it five times it’s so annoyiNG b u t h e y
(Same anon that called you nice in the video you made) Do you think koogi will give Sangwoo a hair change? Any ideas you might think might happen in S2? Have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night (✿´ ꒳ ` )ﾉ
Idk what Koogi is gonna do with Sangwoo’s hair but it would be cool to see him go back to his natural color! I hope she doesn’t cut it all off or something he and Bum have luscious hair and that must never change lol.
As far as season 2 I obviously hope we get the sexy times but I really want more emotion from Sangwoo, I do want more Sangwoo backstory yeah idek I’m sure there’s more I’m forgetting haha I just want gross emotional SangBum where they get really mutually obsessed with each other and Sangwoo gets really possessive 😆😆😆😆
Have you ever wondered how Bum is so skinny? Like he has to eat in order to survive, right? Well on this very special day I have come up with an intellectual answer to all of your questioning.
Metabolism. Its Bum’s metabolism. Just think about it. How many times have we seen Bum just sweating so much that he looks like he’s gonna pass out at any given time? He’s basically sweating off all of his calories, to where it is very unhealthy for his body.
That’s all I have to say for now. Idek what i was thinking. I just. Yeah