Vegan Onigirazu (Rice Sandwiches)
- 1 cup cooked sushi rice
- ½ tbsp rice vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 sheets nori
- ½ avocado
- 2 baked tofu strips (See my last recipe)
- 2 carrots sliced thinly
- Other veggies of choice
- Cook ½ cup uncooked sushi rice and let it cool. Season the rice with rice vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Lay out a sheet of nori with the textured side up. Place half of the rice in the middle of the sheet. Lay sliced veggies, tofu and avocado on top.
- Fold the sandwich to a little package and wrap it in plastic foil. Then cut in half.
- Enjoy! This is great to pack as a lunch and it’s totally customizable, since you can fill it with whatever you like.