Victor was made to be photographed. If anyone has to be the one snapshotting him, Yuuri figures it might as well be him.
- This is a surreal sort of fic, in which I’m left wanting for more and also somewhat off-kilter after what I just read. Yuuri is a photographer and Victor is still a skater, yet they still end up together in a strange way that teeters the line of romance and something that I can’t put my name to. Otherwise though, I think I like it. It might not be to your taste if you don’t like things without a clear plot, but it never hurts to give it a try.
- Counterheist’s works mostly focus on unconventional AUs starring Victor and Yuuri, the first five being based on video games (from Legend of Zelda to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles), the sixth an Oregon Trail AU, and the last one centered on their social media headcanons for the main trio. All of them are unexpected, and all of them succeed in being entertaining reads. Some of them were a little confusing because I was unfamiliar with that particular video game, but I still ended up enjoying them very much :) I think [Player] is Suffering From Thirst. [Player] is Well Again. and speak to me (in secret sighs) are my favorite of them all. Mostly, I found that even if I was unfamiliar with the video game, I still waas able to get a good handle on what waas going on and wasn’t hindered too much.
- Spookyfoot’s series also stars some unconventional aus, such as not-actual-honeypot Yuuri and a competitive ice sculpting au. Three of her pieces are canon compliant, and all three are joys to read (honestly, all of her pieces for Yuuri Week are joys to read). I found myself choking on laughter for almost all of them too, especially the last one, which Victor is terrible in bed. All of them have her signature sense of humour, all of them are fun to read, and all of them are highly recommended \o/
3. into your house into your bed into your dreams into your sleep by Vitali (exocara) || Rated T, 1.2k (WIP)
When Viktor forgets to both give his number to and get a number from his mysterious Sochi Boy, he desperately needs to find a way to reconnect to Yuuri. Unfortunately, Yuuri is a skittish person. Fortunately, Chris has a plan.
Christophe Giacometti: do you know what i think he WOULDN’T run away from?
Christophe Giacometti: a group skype chat
Viktor Nikiforov: Oh my god chris you’re a genius
Christophe Giacometti: yes i am
- I hate group chat fic with all my soul but somehow this group chat fic has a plot built into it. It also lacks everything that I hate about group chat fics, and honestly I think is more like an au fic told through the medium of chat text. I think the highest praise I can give a group chat fic is “wow, I don’t hate this”, and tbh, I don’t hate this at all. Amazing.