ICS Update: New IBM Connections Extension Passport Advantage part numbers announced - Upgrading from Notes & Domino Entitlement to Full Connections
With the recent release of Lotus Notes 8.5.3 we announced an entitlement to the Files and Profiles features of IBM Connections 3.0.1 to customers with Notes client licenses.. (See my email on 10/5). At that time we announced that we would release new parts number for customers wanting to upgrade from this entitlement to a full license of IBM Connections. The new Connections Extension Authorized User part numbers enable customers to upgrade their existing Connections restricted use rights, obtained through an IBM Lotus Notes® or IBM Lotus® Domino® product, to the full capabilities of Connections.
IBM Lotus Notes 8.5.3 provides entitlement to the Files and Profiles applications of IBM Connections 3.0.1 to customers, who have the following licenses:
* IBM Lotus Domino Enterprise Client Access License
* IBM Lotus Domino Messaging Client Access License
* IBM Lotus Domino Collaboration Express® License
* IBM Lotus Domino Messaging Express License
The entitlement, provided with the above licenses, enables customers, as an example, to:
* Share content with other people.
* Find the people they need by searching across the organization’s content to identify expertise, current projects, and responsibilities.
* Stay informed of the latest updates from across their social network.
The new Connections Extension Authorized User part numbers permit customers with the above licenses to expand their existing Connections restricted use rights to the full capabilities of IBM Connections.
Some of the benefits from expanding usage to the full capabilities of Connections include the ability to:
* Collaborate with a community of professionals using activities, blogs, wikis, forums, and shared files, including rich media files.
* Expand one’s professional network through social analytics based recommendations for people to connect with, and communities to join.
* Access one’s social data while on the go using mobile device support.
Planned Product Availability
November 22, 2011