Friday Rundown 4-14-17
On the Docket for the Weekend
- This weekend is Easter, of course. This weekend I’ll be staying at my sister’s house, which means shaaaaake up! I’ll probably think of a few special posts over the weekend. I know it’s the holidays, but seriously there’s only so much family I can handle at one time so I’m definitely still going to be on social. Just saying! I might just not be able to stalk my Tumblr buds as closely.
- No fear, there will be some food shopping and meal prep activity to share with you guys. It will be for the weekend only, with a special “how do lactose intolerant people survive at a house that may as well be a dairy farm” angle. Then, when I return for the week I’ll be able to give an example of what meal prep looks like around here when coming home from a trip.
- Walking was killer. It was pretty nice this week, a bit cloudy at times–but nice! I exceeded my step goals most days but was able to keep my nutrition appropriate for those activity levels for once, so I didn’t overdo it and exhaust myself.
- The gym was good, too! I didn’t write many logs this week because I felt it would be redundant to say “did cardio, here’s approximately the same Fitbit log.” I really wanted to get some major movement this week leading into a road trip. Sitting for four hours with maybe only one potty break seems so impossible. I really do constantly move some days. I’m going to be crawling out of my skin. Maybe I should bring dumbbells and do and bicep curls in the car. Am I really going to be that person?
- NSV. My workout pants are now too large. Particularly, the compression pants. I have tons of other active wear that fit, but I need these for running so I’ll have to go down a size ASAP. I looked at my Old Navy yesterday but they didn’t have any high-waist ones on the sale rack. It’s kind of convoluted, but I need this very exact cut and material to run because of my loose skin. Mid-Rise doesn’t give the support I need. So, I’ll have to look again sometime soon and just suck it up–literally–for a few runs. It’s not super terrible because most of my skin is in my limbs, but it will affect my performance until I get them replaced.
The Not as Successful
- Caffeine. I’ve already talked about this one a lot this week, and ultimately it’s not a dire situation. I’m typically not someone who “needs” it to wake up. I still don’t, but I definitely do enjoy it. At least I know I can easily abstain for a while when migraines are flaring up. When I “came off” it two months ago I only had one withdrawal headache, though it was legit the worst migraine I’d had all year.
- I am so beyond bloated. You know, that might say something more about exactly how loose the workout pants really are, because I’ve also been dealing with an uncomfortable amount of bloating this week. It’s just–fun female times. It’s making it a pain in the ass to exercise as efficiently, but damn it I’m doing it!
Ugh, just more porn blog drama. A lot of us know the drill. They reblog your photos and leave those “join me on cam” messages with flapping dicks everywhere. Every time a post of mine starts showing up on the tags I use; dozens and dozens of them start interacting with my account. Every single morning, I block every account with pornography on it and file a report if my face has been reblogged to it. Some days it makes me not want to post pictures of myself, and I’ll never share photos of my nephew because of this bullshit. I complain about this a lot, but I wish Tumblr developers would make it faster to get this kind of crap taken down.
It takes 2-3 days to get each request fully addressed. It’s genuinely the only thing that annoys me about this website. I’ve never had anywhere near the magnitude of these problems on any other social media website as I do on Tumblr, and I use Soundcloud for shit’s sake! I’ll keep going through this charade even if I become the “crazy lady” in the Tumblr support queue. I don’t care. I just what’s left of my privacy respected.
I do find at least a little humor in it now. I mean, after awhile you see so many dicks against your will that it turns from ‘Oh, God. Why?” into, “WTF? That looks like a gourd!”