Some of the very little things I love about fallout new vegas
People really seemed to like the list of little things I loved in fallout 4, so I thought I’d do one for my favourite game in the series:
Little things I love about FNV - go!
- Raul will eat candy and sweet things you put in his inventory!
- Veronica’s reaction when you give her a nice dress
- flight of the valkyries playing as Jason bright takes his flock into space
- no-bark noonan
- the fact your dialogue changes depending on your intelligence level
- your aim slowly becoming steadier as your gun skill improves - it gives a real feeling of improving.
- the fact Arcade will accompany you easily if your intelligence is low enough - because you’re so stupid letting you travel alone is tantamount to murder.
- the graffiti that says “toss my salad Caesar!”
- the fact the legion pronounce “ave, true to Caesar” correctly
- the fact you can “try out” FISTO
- cliff briscoes apartment being FULL of dinky the t-Rex’s
- how fucking cool the NCR rangers look
- the Riot gear you can get in lonesome road
- mr New Vegas’s voice
- “n-heh, there’s the high roller!”
- the pet mole rat in Sloan
- the ending slides showing what happened after the battle of Hoover dam . It was really nice to see how my actions affected the mojave.
- Tabitha and Rhonda’s adventures being made into children’s books
- the freaking entirety of old world blues
- being able to seduce and kill Benny
- being able to kill Benny with his own gun
- what in the god damn
- the fact you can disguise yourself as a faction member, but a guard or higher officer will recognise you if you get too close
- Raul making fun of everything you select on his companion wheel
-there is more and I will add them :)
Las Vegas is a real city humans can actually visit and it just baffles and delights me in equal measures
like someone looked at the harsh, inhospitable Mojave Desert and thought “you know what’d go great here? a resort town” and then the government was like “you know what else would go great here? a nuclear test site” and then the tourism industry was like “you know what? we can use this”
Okay look, I love Hugo Vega. Hugo is best dad. I don’t understand why more people don’t like him. Here’s an adorable teacher dad struggling to be a good parent and dealing with a rebellious son after a divorce and secretly having a passion he fears will be made fun of cause he’s supposed to be very studious and serious. A man who loves cheese, trivia, and wrestling and tries so hard every day. And ya know what else he’s got going for him? I mean….just roll with me here but…