Hey, I want to start collecting JoJo figures, and I was wondering where you got yours? Or the best place to get them?
HELL YES, FIGURE ADVICE IS THE ONE THING I’M GOOD AT
- first off, shop around!! you’ll often find figures cheaper in one place, but that doesn’t mean the same thing if shipping is more expensive.
- Anyway, for brand new figures: amiami.com is great for that. They usually have the biggest discounts. Also not to be ignored are hobbysearch and hobbylinkjapan. The first two usually have the biggest discounts for Jojo figures.
- However, most Jojo figures are discontinued out of the entire series, due to their run being over. For this, I completely, 100% recommend Mandarake. They update their stock every single day, and they’ll have uncommon and out of print characters up that’ll be up on, say, amazon or eBay for like double/triple the price.
- It is important with Mandarake to think about how much you want to spend on shipping, though, considering they’ll invoice you for it after they check if the item’s in stock. Some figures are big and heavy and therefore more expensive to import!
- Amazon can be a reasonable option if you have Prime or the offer offers free shipping to start with. I should note that pretty much every figure box I’ve gotten wound up a little damaged from them– but if you don’t care about boxes, it’s all good.
- But definitely compare prices– Mandarake and Amiami may be the best options for new and used, but someone might be upending their collection on myfigurecollection or eBay, and you could score the figure you want for much less. It just depends on if you care whether the figure is used or not and how much shipping you wanna pay/how fast you want to get it.
- (fwiw, I’ve never received a damaged figure from Mandarake. Just factory defected ones.)