There are spoilers here if you haven’t watched it yet. I also didn’t watch it with English subtitles so I’m sure I’m missing details.
1. The production and editing of this show is a DAMM MESS. Who even needs kdrama when you have SMTM. This is not brand new information but worth repeating till the end of time. For a rap show to beep out the swear words is bullshit to begin with but to blur out tattoos as well? I don’t even know what to say. Don’t even get me started on why female rappers always have to have some sort of crush on a dude there.
2. The format and elimination process of this show is a DAMM MESS. They’re letting great people go because of the poorly thought out format. I think the cypher/freestyle round was meant to test their skill as well as how badly they wanted to win and stand out. I understand that but the way it turned out was BEYOND terrible. One of the best freestylers was eliminated but he probably realised what utter bullshit this show’s format was (*edited following his tweets about leaving).
3. Snoop Dogg guest judged the Cypher round, it was a DAMM MESS. I’m so embarrassed he had to witness such chaos. He was absolutely right about Lil Boi, Basick and Microdot though. Those guys are standouts and were my picks too. Mino didn’t shine as much as his potential would suggest. Maybe next time.
4. The duration of the live performances were very unevenly distributed, it was a DAMM MESS. I didn’t feel like everyone had the same amount of time to showcase their skill. This seems to be an ongoing problem for SMTM4. From what I did see, Zico and Palo Alto were so energetic and impressive. Jay Park needs to never have that Kriss-Kross hairstyle ever again. Get yourself back to your snapback collection, young man. Though, if I’m going to comment on fashion then I also want to ask Zico if he got his sweater from Rodarte because it fit the theme of the show (ugly mess we can’t stop staring at).
5. I’m still frustrated about the editing.
6. I’m still frustrated about the formatting.
7. PalZi team makes sense. I wouldn’t have picked my own brother either. I hope Lil B and Basick don’t get screwed around in the next episode.
8. I want to end on something positive. LIL BOI IS BACK AND THIS IS THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT EPISODE 4. I will watch this damm mess as long as he and Basick are still there.
*passes mic gently to the next person*