TAYLOR I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!!
Okay so something great happened tonight as I made my parents watch the 1989 World Tour movie. Best! Decision! Ever! I felt like a proud mother and feel like I did my Swiftie job tonight (plus a translating work cause my parents are not fluent).
My dad loves 1989, and he’s a professional musician, and my mom likes you too, and they were both so impressed. Let me give you a recap of how it went overall:
- About your vocals: “you can really tell she sings live” “she’s got so much talent and she deserves this life”
- About the crowd: “the crowd!” “Camille how many people were there?” “where was it?” *I talk about the bracelets*: “INCREDIBLE”
- About the stage: “there are so many things going on there how do they not run into each other” “that’s so HUGE” “she turns her songs into something else” “WOAH THE SCREENS”
- About the dancers: “they… they’ve got a lot of energy.” (I laughed)
- About the musicians: “the backing vocalists are very good” *I tell them how Amos and Paul have been here since the very beginning * my dad: “that’s a very good thing. Plus they jump everywhere, they’re cool.”
- About the musical rearrangements: “that makes it even better” “she’s going ROCK woo”
- About the guests: “you can really see her sincerity, that’s very nice that she invited them” “THAT’S MICK JAGGER!!” “I recognize this song I heard it the other day on the radio”
- When Selena appears: “well that’s a combo for you Camille”
- Whenever you did something cute or sassy: *they laugh*
- About the tour overall: “Compared to the other DVD you have of her [the speak now world tour] it’s so next level”
- At the end “Well that was a great show, I’m glad she’s your idol Camille”
And did I talk about my reaction? I’ve watched this movie several times already but I still got chills…. I can’t believe the woman I watched on my TV tonight is the same person who reads my posts and likes them and interacts with me. @taylorswift please never change.