Summary: Phil is a waiter working in his best friend’s restaurant. One day, when the owners decide to hire a new pianist since their last one was a complete fail, Phil is kind of skeptical about it — can you blame him? The last pianist was insane — but once he meets Dan Howell, he realizes it’s not as bad as he thinks.
a/n: Again. One of those stories that I could’ve left at 2k but then I went, “THESE CHARACTERS DESERVE MORE AND SO DOES THE STORY AND I CARE ABOUT IT TOO MUCH TO LEAVE A NORMAL ENDING,” so yeah. God. I need lessons on how to not let myself get carried away.
This is also for my beautiful beautiful friend/wife Ravie, whose birthday is in like two weeks and a couple of days but I like to give her earlier presents. (also hi Ravie. It’s just a habit to give you longfics as presents whoops.)
(also it’s getting really ironic how I can only write cheesiness when I hear Hyper Music.)
these are incredibly long prompts I came up with at 2 am, feel free to use them.
• It’s freezing outside and I didn’t wear a heavy enough jacket but you are letting me wrap my arms around you under your VERY WARM jacket and now I don’t want to leave so let’s just waddle around like this and now we’re laughing like idiots. People are looking. WHO CARES I’M WARM AU
• We’re at an ugly christmas sweater party and your santa hat cat sweater is actually incredibly cute so I feel the need to disagree with your idea of an ugly sweater and now we’re arguing but okay you’re really attractive and now we’re just shouting compliments at each other AU
• We’re at this lame christmas party but holy cow WHO IS THAT OVER THERE they are so attractive, I’m gonna trick them under the mistletoe and wait for my kiss. It’s gonna happen. I just KNOW IT AU
• I thought I was the only one working over time at the office on christmas eve so I was singing jingle bells at the top of my lungs incredibly off key while making hot chocolate in the break room but you surprised me and I dumped it all over your pants. hello nice meeting you for the first time lemme dab your wet pants with this napkin AU
• I made an extra big snowball to throw at my friend but I missed and accidentally hit you in the face instead and you slipped and fell and I ran to your help but also slipped and fell on top of you and we can’t stop laughing. Wow your eyes are pretty AU
• I picked your name for secret santa at work but I don’t even know you or know what to get you but since it’s a secret I just bought a cheap #1 dad shirt cause I thought it was funny and you opened it and are now on the floor cry laughing and your laugh is so cute I think I’m in love AU
• I want to go christmas carolling with this charity group but you don’t want to but I force you to do it with me anyways but waIT YOU’RE DRUNK? YOU SECRETLY POURED ALCOHOL IN YOUR EGGNOG I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU! Now you’re drunk carolling and your singing the words inappropriately wrong and the group hates us now, thanks AU
• My friends saw me staring at you while we were christmas shopping and they dared me to go up to you and ask if you were a present because I want to unwrap you and I never turn down a dare so I did it but you actually thought it was funny, let’s get married ok AU
…with the idea of being in love. I’m in love with the idea of a soulmate. I’m in love with the thought of welcoming embraces after a long day, soft kisses pressed to each other’s skin when the lights are dim. I’m in love with cheesy couple photos and drowning in each other’s gazes and not even caring when you’re being annoying in public, because this is our love story, and the rest of you just live here.
I’m in love with the idea of loving so hard it physically hurts, and so in love with the idea of it being returned. Mutually assured destruction disguised as galaxies floating around our heads and stars twinkling in each other’s eyes.
I’m also completely terrified of finding that mutually assured destruction. Of seeing the galaxies circling their head like a halo and knowing that they can see my galaxy too. The thought of seeing constellations in someone’s freckles and the ocean in their eyes—the thought of finally finding it shakes me to my very core.
I am in love with my perception of love. It is fragile and delicate, like a glass unicorn you keep hidden away in a box under your bed for fear of breaking it. I’m afraid of rejection and disappointment, and if I take a chance and shatter my fragile perceptions of the world I am afraid I may never recover. I am afraid to find out just how weak I actually am. I know myself, and I know how I fall—it is hard and fast and they could do the bare minimum and I’d still think about the explosions I feel when their fingers brush my skin. The butterflies in my stomach beat their wings so hard I feel like I could just float away.
I’m afraid of falling in love… and falling out of it. I am afraid of waking up and wondering why the butterflies died. Of looking at the smile that used to shine like the sun and realising the sun set long ago. Of watching their galaxy implode, scattering stardust around the living room. Of having to say, “I’ve fallen out of love with you.”
I’m afraid of hearing the words and realising that my galaxy imploded; my stardust gets scattered across the room; a beautiful disaster. Because when I can still see the stars in your eyes and see Saturn orbiting your head like a halo, how do you expect me to deal with knowing that my galaxy self-destructed right in front of you?
My greatest fear is finding love because my greatest fear is losing it. It is a paradox, and perhaps irrational, but irrationality defines the human existence.
Maybe one day, I will find someone worth shattering my preconceived notions for. I hope that they remain worth it for the rest of our lives.
i’m so sorry i know the last one was about love too but i just
it’s on my mind and it’s 2 am and i just love love
tl;dr: whiny teen angsts about her fear of love at 2 am
Hey, I am just here to say that you haven't been neglecting everyone, so, please, don't be so harsh on yourself.... You have your own life and stuff to take care of, so, please, there is no need apologize! I really love the way you write and you and your blog as well, so I just hope everything works out for you, you desserve all the very best things on your life!!! (also, I am not the anon that requested that last post, I just saw what you wrote and wanted to say something about it!)
you’re so sweet honestly, this was very nice of you to say.
I know it’s not exactly my fault, but it’s still kind of hard when i feel the need to put out content; I don’t want anyone to feel like i’m loosing interest in the fandom and such. i’m still trash for jumin han lolol
but i’ve definitely learned quality over quantity is the best, i want people to enjoy what i write without it seeming incomplete or rushed. so i’ll try my hardest to keep working the best i can in my own time, feelings aside put aside!
but i cant thank you enough for the amazing encouragement, it really does mean a lot. ( ´ ∀ `)ノ～ ♡
Soramafu warning: THERE IS A LOT OF CUTE SORAMAFU IN THIS POST. If you don’t like it, i’m sorry. Mafu is there so it’s bound to happen :c Thank you to kazuian for everything i am nothing T_T literally trash lol
Also, i’ve received the second part of that DQMSL event from kazuian and and and i haven’t watched it yet but yeah. It’s almost 3am so maybe i’ll watch it tomorrow. I had to stop myself from watching that first.