7 Reasons to See Baby Driver
This is a little out of my lane for the Knitpool blog, but I am just so excited about this movie.
1. Edgar Wright. He seems to be able to take any genre of film and make me like it. (I’m not a fan of car chase movies, with the exception of the Blues Brothers.) Watching this movie is like drinking a locally brewed beer. It’s not filmed. It’s crafted with great care.
2. The music in the movie is not a soundtrack, it’s as integral as a character.
3. The cinematography is really clever. Watch the movie closely, and you will see little jewels along the way.
4. Baby has a black foster parent without the movie being about race. It’s not even a sub theme in the movie. (It’s a great relationship, and I feel like there should be another whole movie about those two characters.)
5. Baby uses ASL without the movie even highlighting this. Language is language, people.
6. There are characters with disabilities, but this is not a movie about disabilities. In other words, the movie is about people. All kinds of people, and that is a good thing.
7. Finally, Jon Bernthal plays a tatted up jackass, and I can never get enough of that.