My advice for baby witches!
Here is a ton of stuff I wish someone told me 7 years ago.
- You do not have to be Wiccan.
- You do not have to worship any deity.
- You do not have to believe everything you read on the internet.
- Witchcraft cannot bend the laws of physics or the material world.
- Witchcraft cannot give you the ability to fly, change your eye color, change your species, etc.
- There are many “fluffy” websites out there full of misinformation like the above point.
- You do not need to have a fancy journal where you write your shit down.
- You can do that with a computer or in a cheap notebook. But if you want to go all out, go ahead!
- Witchcraft does not do all the work for you. If you cast a spell to get an A on a test, you best study too.
- Do not let others shame you from doing what works for you.
- This includes cursing. Please don’t shame others if they want to curse!
- If you want to do dream work or astral work, start keeping a dream journal now.
- You do not have to spend an arm and a leg for spell ingredients.
- If you’re closeted, paper magic and energy magic are your friends.
- If you’re going to curse, ground and cleanse before AND after.
- Understand that every spirit/entity you meet might not be your friend and you may have to get rid of it.
- Understand that learning anything takes time, be it spirit communication or tarot.
- Do not give up on yourself.
- It’s okay to take a break from the craft. I do that every so often.
- You can be christian/any religion AND a witch.
- Witchcraft is not a religion. Wicca is.
- You don’t need to be religious if you don’t want to.
Feel free to add anything else and my askbox is always open if you have questions!