Why do you think the next episode will be a Beauty & The Beast parallel and how does it connect to Destiel? I have to admit I've never seen the movie. D:
How long have you got?
Well I saw this post which seemed to give a clear BatB parallel. And I saw the new BatB (I went twice because I’m a saddo who can’t get enough Destiel trope parallels and my husband and mom both wanted to go, so hey!).
So… well. I wrote about it originally here but i have more :) I mean, some of the words are even EXACTLY THE SAME. Because its a classic love story.
- Supernatural being who falls in love with someone whopersonifiesHumanity.
- Supernatural being who really is human all along deep down. ‘Falls’ for humanity through love and becomes human in the end because of it.
- New BatB: Person is twisted by their father to be something that they are not, other person brings the real them out into the open. Hatred of themselves and their father, idealisation of their mother…
- New BatB: Person (Belle’s) mother dies, it changes their whole lives, father tries to protect them at all costs, though its not always the ‘right’ choice, ultimately leads them towards the other through accidental means.
- Belle is ostracised for being different but actually she’s special and Beast recognises this as well as her embodiment of humanity and falls in love with her.
- Person who personifies humanity wants more from their simple life, doesn’t want to love the Supernatural being but is led to despite themselves due to their overwhelming ‘humanity’ coupled with ‘other worldliness’ and ‘excitement’.
- Toxic masculinity (Gaston) is shown as the general people’s end goal, then revealed to be NOT the goal for the main character. Clue: toxic masculinity dies.
- The classic love trope and the way it’s filmed so similarly to SPN - who could possibly love a Beast? Cut to Belle. Who could possibly save Dean? Cut to Cas. Amara tells Dean he represents humanity? Cut to Metatron who literally said Cas was in love with Humanity… etc etc etc.
- Beast asking Belle if she’s happy and could ever love him - Belle responding basically yes BUT “how can you be happy if you aren’t free?” - Cas and Dean‘s whole narrative about them being the embodiment of FREE WILL.
- Belle and Beast sitting on the bench as she teases him about reading a romantic story // Dean ‘no chick flick moments’ Winchester.
- New BatB: After an emotional, tense moment. Belle to Beast: “Let’s go home”. Beast realises she means with HIM. THE LOOK. 12x12 AAAAAH!
- The WHOLE storyline of Belle and Beast paralleled: they meet antagonistically, get to know each other, fall in love, have to be separated for FAMILY, Belle thinks Beast will be OK but he isn’t because PINING and PERCEIVED REJECTION. Toxic Masculinity / Others come to persecute Beast and Belle has to save him and the whole castle while Beast is struggling because he’s becoming human due to ‘humanity’/Belle but thinks he is rejected etc etc etc. Basically the whole storyline of Destiel since season 4 til now in a movie, now up to the point that the villagers are lighting their pitchforks.
-OK generally its Belle / Dean and Beast / Cas but there are a few change arounds, just cos its obviously not a total copy, but they use the same tropes is all. And the way Belle embodies the SUN in the new BatB especially. Just YES.
I mean. Im sure theres more I just can’t remember it all.
The new film is even more Destiel than the old one with all the additional scenes totally paralleled to them. Im sure the writer is a Destiel shipper. LBR.
I have had a lot to drink. And i remember all this.
Hey, I just wanted to say that I love your art, it's so beautiful! Especially your portrait of Amren is so spot-on, I'm at loss for words here! And may I ask why you do your sketches already in grey-scale "colouring" (like shades & lightning) before colouring it? I've seen that a few times now, but I never got why it's done like this. And as an aspiring artist myself I'd love to learn more... Thanks so much in advance (you don't have to answer all this if you don't have the time or anything btw)
Thank you so much! Amren was a lot of fun to paint.
I got in the habit of planning out my pieces a bit before I move on to the final painting. I like blocking in the big shapes to get a better feel for what is working and not working within a particular composition, and I do the shading to get a better feel for the lighting. This greyscale shading is just a quick way for me to plan everything out, but I’ve also done line-work sketches with some quick hatching, as well as some quick sketches in color.
Even with the planning, I tend to tweak things quite a bit as I work so I don’t always spend as much time on my sketches as I probably should. The better I plan, the smoother the final illustration goes.
Here are a few examples of a sketch compared to the final illustration:
Can you do Beauty!MC x TheBeast!Jumin? I know this idea has been around for a while but I've honestly never seen any work about it.
I got super into this request, actually! I said a while ago that his route was a lot like BaTB and I’ve always thought it was interesting that the original BaTB was mostly about marriage, more specifically addressing the fear young women had of being married to strange men…especially when taking into account that Jumin’s route (thematically) is also about marriage. I tried to mesh the best of both into this story. Jumin and MC are not a literal beast and a young woman trapped in a cursed castle. MC is a new bride in a new marriage and she and Jumin are very unsure of one another. Also I took a lot of inspiration from the original Villeneuve version of the story. I’ll shut up now. I just really love fairy tales I did one of my degrees on fairy tale adaptation
omg I've seen Hoseok in real life and he IS more beautiful irl. It's been months and I'm still shook over how gorgeous he is. Like I thought he was beautiful in the pictures I see on the internet, but NO he's even more beautiful. Like almost ethereal??? He ACTUALLY glows and the second I looked at him I was CAPTIVATED. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I can't describe his beauty and cameras can't capture it either T_T
oh well then i guess it’s good that i’ll never see him irl i don’t think i could handle it
I've become so emotionally detached from pretty much everything in life, things don't interest me nor make me feel passionate the way they used to-
oh my god??? *sobs* what is this? Is it an emotion that I'm feeling? I've never seen anything more beautiful, my heart is so full of love and warmth, give this man everything he wants. The world is beautiful, the colour of the sky is so bright and pretty, the birds are singing, my soul is also singin-
I couldn’t help but ask
For you to say it all again.
I tried to write it down
But I could never find a pen.
I’d give anything to hear
You say it one more time,
That the universe was made
Just to be seen by my eyes.
With shortness of breath, I’ll explain the infinite
How rare and beautiful it truly is that we exist.
That thing you wrote about Molasses- about your breeding line... I've never heard someone talk about breeding with so much passion, talk about their animals' family lineages like it actually mean something... If I ever have the time, space, money, and energy for a pigeon I'll purchase a COF from your loft. Theyre beautiful, the way you talk about them is beautiful... I don't think I've ever seen a better bird breeder, and I bred bantams for years. I'm floored, my hat to you. You do good work.
Life is prescious, and these are lives that I personally brought about.
I have 5 years worth of records detailing the known families of every single bird hatched here.
This loft isn’t just small because of a lack of space. I could have gotten a significantly larger aviary built out back.
It’s small so that there physically can never be more breeding pairs than I can keep up with.
If I can’t look at a bird and tell you at a glance exactly who it is and who its parents are, then there are too many birds and I need to hatch control until most of the babies go home.
(Oops! Hit send too soon!)
These are my kids.
I know them.
Not by band number, by their faces.
They are each individuals, all of whom I want the best for.
Thank you so much for your encouragement!
It really makes me happy to know that my efforts make a real difference.