hc's for the paladins + allura & coran with an s/o who's really emotional like, to the point where they get teary-eyed just being told something nice or seeing someone looking a little nicer than usual
(Tears? Oh, yeah, that’s Mod Awk’s job! ~Mod Saffron)
*KICKS DOWN A DOOR* HELLO, MOD AWKWARD IS NOT DEAD,
ONLY DEAD ON THE INSIDE. ITS FINALS WEEK I APOLOGIZE FOR BEING MIA, IM MORE STRESS THAN I AM HUMAN.
But it’s true, I’m a huge crybaby. I burst into tears every time I see something cute.
Don’t even get me started on what happened at my surprise birthday party. I cried for an hour straight, and then got drunk and cried some more. Ah, good times…
- Judging by how Shiro’s seen you tear up every time you win a tough battle, it doesn’t come as a shock to him when he confesses he likes you and you start sniffling into his shoulder
- As a leader, he’s supposed to maintain a level head at all times and be there to support the rest of the team when they’re down on their luck, so he doesn’t have the liberty to cry or really express his emotions
- He finds that you tend to externally express what he feels on the inside, and its almost like you compensate for the emotions he has to suppress for the sake of the team
- You remind Shiro that a good leader is in tune with his own feelings, and that he shouldn’t be afraid of opening up to the others
- Keith.exe has stopped working
- It catches him so off guard the first time when he whispers you’re amazing and you burst into tears
- Has he done something wrong?? why are you crying??
- You have to calm him down and explain that no, he didn’t upset you, you’re just so happy that you can’t stop crying
- It takes him some time to see you overwhelmed with emotion every time he compliments you or every time he tries to show off this new sword technique he mastered
- But he grows to find it endearing and will always be there to gently wipe away your tears, whether they be tears of joy or sadness
- His heart swells every time he sees your eyes gloss over
- Lance considers crying in front of someone else a very intimate act so having you feel comfortable enough to not try and hide your tears of joy around him tells Lance just how much you trust him
- He makes note to remember which compliments make you tear up and which ones don’t to use for when you’re having a bad day
- He thinks it’s your most distinct quality, you wouldn’t be you without it
- You wear your heart on your sleeve and he admires that about you, it’s not an easy thing to do, and you’ve managed to turn something that is often considered a weakness into a strength
- Hunk thinks the emotional side of you is absolutely adorable
- Your big heart is what makes you a kind, and selfless individual and it’s what he loves most about you
You’re too precious for this world
- He feels like it makes reunions more meaningful, and you never fail to bring life to the room when you’re together
- Heck, Hunk is on the emotional side himself, so he’s probably right there getting teary-eyed along with you
- Pidge had absolutely no clue until she tried to surprise you with an alien puppy she had found on their last mission
- Can you imagine the shock when you ask to hold him and she sees tears form in the corner of your eyes?
- At first she starts panicking, thinking the puppy bit you, but when you choke out that he’s the most adorable thing you’ve ever seen it clicks that you’re crying from a cuteness overload
- She might poke fun of your emotional side occasionally but it’s her way of telling you she hopes you never change
- Allura is in a similar position to Shiro as the pilot of the Castle of Lions, and therefore often has to choke back her own emotions so as to not to worry the rest of the team
- Part of the reason why she trusts you so much is because you’re never scared to show your own emotions
- You remind her a bit of her father and his gentle, caring nature, and so being in your arms makes her feel safe and warm
- She trusts you with everything and you two will often stay up late into the night talking about anything that’s on your minds
- He hears you sniffling and immediately moves to comfort you but you shake your head
- He’s confused, aren’t you upset??
- You admit that you never took the time to actually admire the architecture of the castle and it just hit you how overwhelming gorgeous it is
- Coran’s relieved but he will flat out admit that he’s terrible at telling the difference between happy and sad tears
- You laugh and tell him don’t worry, being around you will give him plenty of practice