Yuri on Ice is cancer to the internet, you all think this anime is flawless but ARE YOU BLIND?????? The animation doesn't look great, it's literally lazy and Yuuri and the russian guy never kissed, he wispered to him, you blind idiots. You all act like "OMG THEY TOUCHED EACH OTHER IT MEANS THEY LOVE EACH OTHER GGHLUUGGGETYBVBGOJIGKJGJGDFTJJFUCKJGHBIUKLJIKGIHJVKIKTYHJ" I'm sick of this fandom and it's loud fans, I wished the director never made this anime.
lmao grow some balls and say it to the fandom off-anon, u coward
ART WITHDRAWAL RELIEF. Since I can’t digitally ink with the backup tablet, I decided to try out traditionally inking an RP character of mine and coloring that the other day. It turned out nicely! Not something I’ll do TOO terribly often, but it was a good way to finish SOMETHING in these trying, Tablet-Prime-less times.
Back to getting commissions sketched! Hopefully Tablet Prime will be back in hand soon so I can get some inking and coloring done properly.
thanks 4 being a bitter lesbian blythe. i'm too scared to even call myself a lesbian irl and on this website because people act like it's aggressive and political just to openly call yourself that lol. i dont have the mental energy to deal with the BS you do on a daily so legit thank you because it can't be easy, and im sick of having to call myself a "gay girl" because its softer to lesbophobes
ily!!! <333 i learned a long time ago that there’s no use trying to be a ~nice lesbian~ because everyone’s gonna find something wrong with whatever you do so i’ll going to speak my damn gay mind because its important to me and roots out lesbophobes quicker lmao. i really do get a lot of good messages + support usually but there is so much bullshit out here for us in this world, its hard to avoid but important to address instead of hiding it
why do i constantly feel like i’m trying so hard not to hurt anyone’s feelings but i’m always simultaneously trying so hard not to get my own feelings hurt because nobody else cares whose feelings they’re hurting 🙃
In case anyone needs a pick-me-up, I decided to list some of the reasons why SonTails is a great ship. So, without further ado!
- There is so much canon fodder for this ship. Not that the relationship itself is canon, but the fact that they are really close and openly affectionate with each other in almost every canon. We can see how they interact as best friends. The way they’re always there for each other. How they playfully tease/rib each other. The amount of time they spend together. The way they balance out each others strengths and flaws. There’s just so much canon material of them interacting, it’s just very fulfilling.
- Sonic and Tails are aesthetically great together. Complementary colours (blue and orange), a cute height difference, and the contrast between slick sharp edges and smooth fluffy curves. That makes drawing them together a lot of fun, too.
- They work really well in AUs! That could be said for any Sonic characters, really, but the archetype of the cool hero and the chipper nerdy best friend just translates really well into pretty much any setting. You can make them human if you want to, or stick them in a Steampunk world, or cross them over with other fandoms. Their dynamic is so easy to translate over into any AU or aesthetic.
- It’s the ultimate fluffy feelgood ship. They are just. So. Damn. Cute. Together. Doesn’t mean you can’t play with some angst! But it’s not a dark or edgy or complicated ship. They’re best friends. They’re openly affectionate even in canon. They care deeply about each other and know each other inside out. It’s just a comforting and sweet ship to think about.
- They are extremely relatable characters. How many of us have a Tails to our Sonic or a Sonic to our Tails in real life? Or connect with the personality or strengths/flaws/ambitions of one of the two? Either we’re lucky enough to have a friendship/relationship like theirs, or it’s a high standard worth holding out for.
- SonTails fans themselves just tend to be really nice people. Maybe because they’re drawn to good characters who they relate to themselves, or maybe because they’re used to getting ship hate and so try to be tolerant of others, I don’t know. But pretty much every SonTails shipper I’ve met has been really cool and nice. And they produce a lot of great art and headcanons! I don’t see much fic, though, but as a writer maybe I’ll try to fix that myself :)
- They are literally called the Unbreakable Bond.
Okay! So, there’s some fluff for today because, boy, could we use it!