So, I'm actually going to vidcon this year and its my first time. Since you've been there twice, can you give me (and maybe others) tips and advice?
yeye, i go you
- First things first, when you get tickets, there will be a signing lottery that you will have to fill out some time in April (i think)
- It is important to fill this out in order to meet your faves. Unfortunately, you have to pick 10 people (i think its more than that tho) even though if you want to meet 3 people. (i can go on a rant about this damn lottery thing, but thats for another time)
- I would recommend going to the registration the day before the convention starts (wed i think) and make sure you get there early. I think it starts around 6am or 8am i forgot. You can go to the registrations during the convention days as well but its better to do it before just in case you have to meet your faves the first day of the convention
- Bring money, there will be merch for 20 dollars and sometimes over. There are also food trucks outside, then theres small restaurants you can find thats next to the food truck area. The restaurants are like the stands you find in the mall, like a food court.
- Charging stations are there, you can bring your charger or your charger connector. I would recommend bringing a portable charger as well just in case the charging stations are full
- For signings and panels, the security wont let you line up until an hour early before the event starts, but sometimes they’ll let it slide so i suggest to go there a little early or just stick around the area till they let people line up (panels will be held at a hotel thats next to the food trucks btw)
- If you have any questions, you can ask me or go to Vidcon’s twitter and ask them there. I also recommend following them and putting on their notification for news, to see when the lotteries are open, and to see if anything has changed