tell us about your hoh taako headcanon!!!!!!
I mean if u insist lmao
- taako got really sick when he was a kid and as an impoverished homeless orphan he proooobably didn’t get as much healthcare as he should have, and his hearing was pretty much shot afterwards
- he mostly has a hard time distinguishing between sounds especially in a busy environment
- a lot of his kind of aloof ‘i don’t give a shit’ temperament stems from him just not knowing what the fuck is going on so he kind of makes that part of his image?
- lup is really good and supportive though
- they develop the most scrumbled together pidgin sign language from like a few signs they made up themselves, plus little bits of elven sign language and like different dialects from a bunch of different deaf adventurers they’ve met over the like 50 years of living on the road
- which ends up being super useful during the stolen century because it’s way easier to develop a visual language than to try to develop or learn a spoken one when the other party doesn’t have the same vocal cord arrangement. this is definitely how they figure out the animal language in the first year
- the rest of the ipre gradually catches on. barry’s first bc he hangs out with them a lot in the first year and realises they’re gossiping and he wants in on it so he kind of tries to figure it out himself.
- (he really only figures out what his name is and then calls them out when they start talking about him)
- (his name is just jeans)
- and post voidfish taako is pleasantly surprised when his new boss and colleagues know the very specific sign language he pretty much made up himself. surprised and also weirded out
- so does this red robe dude? i mean much apprec’d on the interpretation but also what the fuck?????
- I’m sure there are useful spells to improve hearing that he’d either use or straight up invent himself (and i believe transmutation would be the school they’d be in, too)
- “hello sir I want to tell you about my day” “oh yeah sounds great ango lemme just *turns off fantasy hearing aids* okay yeah go for it”