Writing Challenge part 2
OKAY IT’S ON! Here’s my reply to @prettynasty
1. That’s when I realized that there was no match for him. No one could ever make me feel like he did, no matter how hard they tried.
2. She knew her calendar like the back of her hand, always prepared for everything and everyone. However nothing could have prepared her for him.
3. He was north, she was south. He was the moon, she was the sun. Their love always present, but never allowed.
4. And as soon as he smiled that persuasive smile, she knew.
5. His art was excellent - there was no other word. I felt tears in my eyes, and as I studied his work further, the tears streamed down my cheeks. I had no idea why I was crying, but I just couldn’t help myself.
6. She was haunted by his touch. It was like his hands were actually there, hovering over her, but never actually touching her.
7. As he walked down that all too familiar street he felt a pang of nostalgia.
8. Autumn was named after her mothers favorite season. Her mother had always loved the changing of the leaves, and the promise of a new beginnings. So she named her only daughter after it.
9. He awoke with a feeling of absence. He looked to his side, and sure enough his wife was nowhere to be found. Perplexed, he walked to the kitchen to find her in her pyjamas and a ‘kiss the chef’ apron, with flour on her nose and a grin on her face. “I couldn’t sleep, so I decided to make your favorite cookies.”
10. And there they were, at the crack of dawn, sitting on the beach. Their friendship stronger than ever, and their hearts full of love.
11. She looked at him, trying to make her smile look less perplexed than it probably did - however failing miserably.
12. She considered herself rich in the best sense of the word. She had all the love she could ever wish for, and her heart was full.
13. Her feelings for him came like thieves is the night, uninvited and unwanted. However she couldn’t deny that they were now in fact present. All she could do was decide how to deal with them.
14. She tried to act unaffected by his cruel actions, but his words felt like a dagger in her heart. He had never loved her, only pretending to care. As he walked away, her knees gave out and she fell to the floor - broken.
15. They sat quietly on the abandoned rooftop, watching the breathtaking sunset. No words were exchanged, or needed for that matter. They had each other, and that’s all that they cared about. His hand etched closer to hers, and he finally mustered up the courage to take her hand. His hearts was beating so hard, he thought it might break out of his chest at any minute. But the moment she laced her fingers with his, he knew. He loved her, and he would spend the rest of his life making sure that she was aware of this fact.
16. She looked out the window of the small café, watching the heavy rain turn to a gentle drizzle. She felt content - that is until she saw him. He was standing across the road, looking straight at her. His eyes were partially covered by his now soaked hair, but she still felt his stare. After what felt like an eternity, he made his way over to the café. Her breath caught in her throat when the entrance bell rang, and he sat down across from her. He looked at her, running his hands through his wet hair. He licked his chapped lips, like he was preparing himself for the words he were about to say. “I’ve missed you”.
17. As they walked through the mall hand in hand, he couldn’t hold back his smile. She was telling him about the bunnies that her best friend had just bought, and how she now wanted one as well. Her eyes lit up as she talked about their fluffy ears and cute little butts. He leaned down to kiss her nose, making her blush. “I love you” he said while lightly touching her cheek. She smiled and leaned up to kiss his chin. “Enough to buy me a bunny?”. He brushed his thumb across her cheek and lightly kissed her lips. “Enough to buy you all the bunnies and other fluffy creatures in the world”.
18. They lived their lives as parallel lines, always going in the same direction, but never actually touching.
19. They were on the phone, talking like they did every night. He was singing to her, his voice like a symphony. This was the only way she could fall asleep these days. Him being so far away was hard, so falling asleep to his beautiful voice was her favorite way of pretending that he was right there beside her.
20. She was sitting at the huge dinner table, all alone like usual. He had promised that he would come home for dinner, but once again she had been a fool for trusting him.
21. Considering their history she really shouldn’t have trusted her, not the slightest. However she was currently in the need of a friend, and who was she to deny anyone when she was this desperate.
22. She came home from a long day of work, hearing her favorite sound in the whole world - her sons laughter. She put down her bag and took off her shoes and jacket. She walked to the living room to see her husband and son playing on the couch. Her heart felt so full, she thought it might explode.
23. His thumb graced her cheek, wiping away the salty tears that she couldn’t hold i any longer. He kissed them away one by one, and held her as tight as he possibly could. His touch a reminder that she would never be alone - that she would always have him.
24. He opened the door, walking into her room. He spotted it on his way to the bathroom, and being the curious creature he was, he just couldn’t help himself.
25. And that’s when she knew - he had forever changed her.