•Lance was enjoying a regular day of college, the simplicities of school work and stress.
•Along the lines he had class with low and behold Keith Kogane, mullet-headed jerk.
•It was in the middle of class when he got a sudden phone call, his ring tone loud and obnoxious. The professor stopped what they were doing and looked at Lance.
•"Sir I swear it’s an emergency, my sister will never call me during class, is it alright if I step outside and take this?“ The professor surprisingly let him and he walked out to answer the call.
•"Sis? Everything alright?” Her voice blasted through the speakers, her voice sounding heavy and tear strained. “Sis! What’s wrong?”
Her breath steadied as she tried to regain composure, “Lance, it’s your brother…he didn’t make it.”
•He stared at his phone, the edges of his eyes slowly beginning to streak with water, his breathing grew heavier as he slid down the wall of the hallway. “Hermana…please tell me you’re joking.” His voice croaked as more tears were falling. “Please tell me that he’s alright and it was just a close call, Hermana please…”
The call was silent for a moment before he heard the sound of weeping. “I’m sorry Hermano… I am so sorry.”
•Lance stopped breathing for a moment as his anxiety built up, he started taking slow breathes, in and out. In and out. He looked at the time and then at his screen, “I’m on my way Hermana… I’m sorry.”
* Lance got up slowly, wiping away his tears, straining himself from the pain and walked into the classroom.
* Everybody stared at him, noticing his red strained eyes, the marks of tear streaks upon his cheeks and the sign of his chest inwardly going in and out in panicked breathes. But everyone noticed how much he tried to control these emotions especially after he walked up to the professor as his voice croaked from trying to speak.
* The professor paused and looked at him, “uhm class I’m going to be a moment so please continue with your notes as I will be right back.” He took Lance by the arm and dragged him into his office.
* Everyone sat still in silence, trying to contemplate what has just happened. Lance the goofball of the classroom who always tells jokes and smiles like there’s no tomorrow, stormed into the room like he was just hit by a tornado.
* People were whispering and gossiping, but mainly with concern.
* That is until both he and the professor walked out, Lance following behind with such paleness as he strode over to his bag and walked out of the classroom.
* The professor stood back by the board and spoke, “uhm I-class please excuse what has just happened until further notice. There seems to have been some… complications and Lance won’t be attending class for the next couple of days.”
* Was Lance okay? What happened for him to breakdown so quickly? Why is he taking days off of class? Did something happen? So many questions were spread throughout the class until the end of the bell.
* What was wrong with Lance?