- (Context: We are a small group of friends walking downtown. Friend A stays a bit behind to check out something and this man comes up to him)
- Random person: Hey! YOU! *points at friend A* Give me some money!
- Friend A: Um, sorry sir, I don't have any change...
- Random person: Oh c'mon I'm sure your daddy has some money. Where is he? Go get him.
- (Friend A is pretty stressed at this point)
- Friend A: I....He is....
- Friend B: *goes up to them*
- Friend B: *brings Friend A closer*
- Friend B: Hi, I'm his Daddy.
One year ago I woke up on top of my best friend, my boyfriend, dead from an overdose. Today I have one year sober. It's a bitter sweet poem I struggle to write. But it may be an interesting prompt for an outsider who appreciates unconventional personal growth.