Little things you can do to feel better if you are trans and you can’t really transition right now
- Baseball caps? Those are good.
- Short haircuts. If anyone questions, say it’s for convenience.
- For your neck: fang pendants (very badass). Or a dapper lil bowtie.
- Big ass stompy boots.
- Those cool belt buckles. You can get a basic one or something with a cool design (like a dragon!).
- Don’t shave. Let your body hair grow. Unless you feel uncomfortable.
- Buy some spicy-smelling perfumes or other cosmetics. Or if there is something that says “Forest” on it, this one is also good.
- If you can, try some weightlifting. It will make your muscles better and release some of that sweet sweet testosterone. But remember, fat and skinny men are also very handsome, so if you can’t, don’t sweat it.
- Eat plenty of protein for a testosterone boost. Also, zinc from seafood - like shrimp and salmon especially - will help that chemical magic. Leafy greens, pomegranate, coconuts, garlic also help. Watch out for soy and tofu! They raise estrogen. And raisins are great, but dried apricots are not.
- Remember that no matter what you are 100% man (unless you are a demiguy/bigender, then you are 50% man or whatever it looks like for you, that is still very cool, and if you are genderfluid and currently a dude, that’s still very good and valid).
- Kitten ear beanies are so pure and good (just like you).
- Let your hair grow to a nice length. If anyone questions, say you found a new style.
- For your neck: simple crystal pendants (very pretty).
- Crystal bracelets!
- Lil ballet flats.
- Shaving can make you feel a whole lot better. Remember - some cis girls also have to shave!
- Just a little bit of lip balm goes a long way. Oh! And clear nail polish!
- Sweet-smelling cosmetics are your best friend. You can probably get on eBay or in your local store a nice bottle of vanilla body mist.
- Google some exercises for a bigger butt, if you want to try it. If you can’t, remeber less-curvy women are also beautiful.
- Eat plenty of soy, flaxseed, sesame seed, dried apricots… I know that those give you a bit of extra estrogen. Apparently coffee can also do it? Getting estrogen from diet is harder. Just eat a lot of tasty fresh food. Remember to treat yourself.
- Remember that no matter what you are 100% woman (unless you are a demigirl/bigender, then you are 50% woman or whatever it looks like for you, that is still very cool, and if you are genderfluid and currently a lady, that’s still very good and valid).
For nonbinary pals
- Simple beanies.
- Google “androgynous/unisex hairstyles”. Look how many cool options you have! You might tweak one to your needs, like make it longer, or shorter, or add some cool hair dye…
- For your neck: scarves. They come in many colors and patterns, cover up your neck so you don’t get cold, also you can hide your neck bump or lack thereof.
- Friendship bracelets!
- Trainer shoes.
- Baggy hoodies are really nice.
- You can shave and don’t wear makeup. Or rock the beard and eyeshadow look. Or really, anything else.
- Cosmetics? Citrus and lavender are considered unisex scents. You can also wikiHow to Make Perfume and mix some scents you like at home.
- Exercise, if you are healthy enough to do it, is good. Try running and yoga. Remember, media sells us the myth that androgyny=thinness, but it’s bullcrap. Fat, curvy, muscular people can all be nonbinary and/or androgynous.
- You can look up the guys and gals sections too. Maybe you will find something that helps you.
- Remember that your identity is 100% valid and true, no matter what. Yes, any kind of identity. No matter if it’s a neutral void or a mix of everything, no matter if it’s stable or changes. It’s valid because you are valid.