Work is kicking my butt this week so just a quick painting for today. Tried to see what I could do with only one large brush… I know, I know, another b/w, but I do have some bright colors coming your way for next week, I promise!
Hope you’re all having a wonderful summer so far! We’re a week closer to September!
A/N: I decided to write something a little less serious for a change! The smut turned out a little longer than I expected it to, which is also why the story turned out so close to 9k :) I am so thankful for minyoongiish who proofread this entire piece <3 Hope you enjoy~
If you had the ability to turn back time, you wouldn’t even hesitate to use it in this moment.
“Y/N?” The voice on the other end of the telephone asks. “Something the matter?”
“Oh no,” you mumble. “Fuck.” With one finger, you frantically tap the screen, desperately clinging to the hope that this is still in your hands, that you can still turns this around for the better.
Jimin’s voice sounds both curious and irritated at the same time when he speaks again. “What did you do this time? Did you put your keys in the freezer again?”
You can’t even be mad at his terribly timed comment that you’d normally be very offended about. All you do is curse softly, reading the simple message you sent like it’s a death wish.
You: Hey :) [sent 11:27am]
“Jimin!“ you exclaim, and are rewarded with a startled gasp.
"Yeesh, don’t scare me like that!” He lets out a sigh. “Stop acting all mysterious and just tell me what’s going on.”
You tap the screen again, despite knowing that it won’t help now if it didn’t help last time. A nervous gasp leaves your mouth as you turn your attention to the call. “How the fuck do I delete a message?”
what she means:
Iroh, though. He could’ve stayed in the Fire Nation and lived a cushy life. He could’ve had whatever he wanted - a comfortable home, a slew of servants, a tea shop - any retiree’s dream following a long, highly successful career in a war. He could’ve been mostly happy and mostly content, free to do whatever he pleased really as the Fire Lord’s brother and a former general. He didn’t have to do any of the things he did for Zuko. He really didn’t. Zuko wasn’t even his kid! But guess what? Iroh loved Zuko like his own son. And Iroh left everything he knew to follow this asshole of a kid around the world on a pointless mission all the while loving him like Zuko had never been loved before and I just... Iroh, though. Uncle Iroh.
- Songs that praise light skin by devaluing & disrespecting dark skin
- Telling children to “stay out of the sun” because you don’t want them to be darker
- “”“Preferences”“” for light skin 🙃
- People with light skin being listened to more often than people with dark skin
- Light skin being associated with beauty & intelligence in and outside the black community while dark skin is associated with aggression and ugliness
- Favouring family members with light skin immediately over those with dark skin
- Media depicting acceptable blackness as light skin
- When actors/actresses with dark skin are cast, their roles are often loud, aggressive, ghetto, etc
- Or casting actors/actresses with light skin to play characters with dark skin instead of just fucking hiring somebody with dark skin
- Dark skin being the punchline of shitty “jokes” about how nobody could love dark skin
- “We all niggas to the whites” being said to shut down conversations about colorism
- “I don’t realize that talking about colorism isn’t dismissing the struggles I face as a black person, so I’m going to derail conversations about colorism whenever I see them and not bother to learn about it” 🙃
- When the above thing happens people with light skin always think they in the right because colorism teaches us that we’re smarter than people with dark skin and by default right
- Tbh somebody with light skin could just be breathing or doing something mediocre and they get praised to high heaven, which goes back to the idea of light skin being so over valued in our community
- Half of us ain’t even all that we just light
- Makeup catering to people who are white passing or have light skin
- People with dark skin being told they can’t wear certain colors/patterns
- I can guarantee we (light skinned people) salty when a woman with dark skin gets more attention than us because colorism is so pervasive it’s taught us that we’re better and deserve more attention automatically
- Language differences: in daily conversation people with light skin are less dehumanized and more respected than people with dark skin
- I really believe if I wasn’t light I would not be able to do this project because nobody would listen to me. I’m not even saying anything new or inventive, I’m just repeating what people with dark skin have been saying
- If any of this is outta line I’d be more than happy to be corrected by somebody who has experienced/experiences colorism 😊
Domestic Drabbles is back (: With #10! And three whole chapters! Enjoy!
Agatha is visiting England for a few weeks, so Penny insisted she come over.
Which is fine with me. We haven’t seen each other since… Well, since before I left Watford. Penny says that Agatha is still sensitive on the subject on what had happened, so the rule is to mention magick as little as possible, as well as Watford, the battle with the Mage, and any other related things. Penny even spelled my wings and tail invisible so they wouldn’t bother her, much to Baz’s protests.
And that’s another thing. I might be fine, or even somewhat excited, to see Agatha. But Baz on the other hand…
Tbh I have mixed feelings about the kacchako fight it was missing the feel the manga gave off like the composition and how the scenes were animated could have been more expressive. Also I feel like they rushed the “where do you see fragile scene” and left out that one line where bakugou addressed how dangerous “dekus” plan was for Uraraka like ._. And shipping aside its bakugou (and this is still in an early stage of his character) who was showing some type of concern for a character which imo is a big thing regardless of who it’s for well cause it’s HIM. I guess the fact that they dedicated a whole episode to the fight yet still left out some important character dialogue and lacked in some parts of the animation is what bothers me