I need help figuring out ideas for "fictional segregation" I guess you could call it that. Like I'm really stuck on this, what are some ways the government might separate its people. All the really good ones are taken ugh! Hope his isn't too vague... thanks!
Ooh sounds cool! So, I get what you mean and I started a list, until I realised you might be writing fictional-reality and not fantasy. That is why you have a mixture of fictional-reality and fantasy in the list, sorry, I wasn’t quite sure how to go about it all! I hope you can find something that works though:
- Natural & man-made. City-livers and the rebellions who’ve broken free and escaped to the country? (That’s a little like Delirium though, yes, I’m currently reading it for the 4th time…)
- Psychics & Seers. Maybe you could think about the contrasting lifestyles and how psychics seem more modern?
- Vampires & human-monsters (shape-shifters etc.)
- Upper & lower class, but each have specific needs and talents that work together. As soon as they are split up things start to go wrong and no one can figure it out. A small organisation works underground, containing upper and lower class citizens helping to keep each other alive. (I got a little too excited with this one…)
- Academics & creative-types. Forbidden to work with each other or socialise?
- Different supernatural beings? Little does the government realise the supernatural beings were protecting them from something worse…
- Job titles and roles? If a family aren’t at a certain paying rate by the end of a decade, the family is transferred to an island with exactly 2 belongings per person. Much like The Hunger Games, each family is trusted to fend for themselves. Those who are still alive in a decades time will be retransferred to the mainland.
This is all I’ve got for now, what do you think could be added? Thanks for the ask and I hope it helped a bit! Good luck doll, lots of love from Yasmine xox