(( OOC: After the disaster that was last night’s tipsy blogging, I’m noticing a sudden increase in sweater comments/pictures………. which I’m totally okay with. Send me your over-sized sweater pics and I’ll send you mine. ;) ))
1) Diana - she is so pure and good and absolutely magnificent and GAL GADOT Christ take the wheel
2) Steve - broke my heart to fucking pieces with blue-eyed sincerity and the quiver in his voice when begs Diana for help
3) THE FIGHT SCENES OMG THEY ARE SO GOOD I AM ATTRACTED TO ALL OF THE AMAZONS AND JESUS CHRIST THAT IS SIME GOOD STUFF RIG THERE
4) No Man’s Land - I don’t know what it is because it’s not about people dying, but it’s the sheer EPIC scale of the hero sequence, the music, and the way Diana just lunges forward with her shield and just TAKES THE FIRE that brings tears to my eyes
5) Etta - we fight with our principles
6) Diana is bi
7) REPRESENTATION EVERYWHERE
8) Steve and Diana’s relationship: respectful and gentle
9) They don’t deserve you
10) And Steve knows it
11) SHIELD - The fact that Steve saw that move and remembered it and used it to HELP Diana
12) how much of a LOVELY person Steve is: smart, charming, self-deprecating, and so deeply deeply human and scared
13) CHRIS PINE NUDE????
14) DIANA BEING BADASS AND YOU NEVER GET TIRED OF IT
15) When Diana just smashes through buildings with an unsuspecting soldier smashed through the wall - get wrekd
16) the values the film explores
17) did I mention horses? Because horses!
18) WOMEN EVERYWHERE (and in the crew too!)
19) The WW THEME y'all
20) Chris Pine: he is still making me bawl my eyes out. THE SPEECH. when he wishes he could tell Diana that there’s ONE man to blame but there isn’t and his voice just BREAKS. That broke me. Oscar worthy. His eyes tearing up and his hands clutching desperately at her. And he looks death in the eyes and is scare, but DOES THE THING ANYWAY. “I can save today. You can save tomorrow. I wish we had more time. I love you"
Okay, so, within current canon, I do not believe for a second that Katrina would enter into any kind of romantic or sexual relationship with Ash. He was held captive by the Klingons for seventh months, tortured, and sexually assaulted. He needs counseling.
[Aside: everyone on Discovery needs counseling and I would subscribe to a whole second streaming service that was JUST various Starfleet officers in therapy. Something I really love about Disco is it’s focus on trauma and consequences. I want to see the recovery process, too. For all the series. Individual therapy. Support groups. Give it to me.]
She would also caution Gabriel against it. Not only are they both traumatized, Lorca rescued Tyler, and is now his commanding officer. It’s not against the rules, but Ash needs time and space to heal, not complicated relationships. “I’m your friend and I’m not going to tell you what to do, but this is a bad idea.” [Insert Lorca’s #unimpressed face]
Now, Ash is integrating into the crew pretty well, so upon observation she would say, “But your instincts were good pairing him with Burnham.” They are also both traumatized, but they are more like equals (they don’t know he pulled rank on their second date, but also I don’t really know what was going on in that scene/on that planet so I’m reserving judgement), and Lorca (and in this scenario, Cornwell) can keep an eye on it. Plus Tilly is GREAT for both of them.
At a time where everyone is healthy and stable, or at least more so, maybe? Tbh, I’m having trouble seeing Lorca and Ash in a healthy relationship. It would take a lot of time. And honestly, Ash deserves better. Kat deserves better, too, of course (does anyone deserve Lorca the human disaster? No, but lbr that’s half of why I love him so much), but she set better aside years ago. In this sense Kat & Ash teaming up to love their human disaster boyfriend and realizing THEY can have a nice, friendly, healthy, stable, cuddly, let’s go fishing type of relationship is a cute idea. A “let’s share this burden because this is exhausting but he is actually worth it” type deal leading to “he forgot your birthday but I didn’t” and then Lorca’s like “you guys should fuck, can I watch?” and much eye rolling but then then it’s in their mind and an innocuous brush up against each other becomes charged and suddenly they are escaping to quarters and Lorca’s all “I told you so, now make room for me.”
i’m gonna take a minute to say that i just love robert sugden because he’s such an interesting complex and layered character with a rich backstory and it’s a JOY to watch him be a disaster human being on screen every night
i replayed julian's route last night because i couldn't sleep and i'm so upset i love him so much
i love him so much this dramatic tall giraffe with his stupid smile and jokes and the way he trips over shit but he also has a fucking k n i f e up his boot and he loves improve and dancing and he thinks hes so intimidating with his “death has cast her gaze from this wretch” boy did you forget to say bless you once when someone sneezed and now you think youre a monter?? sit down and eat your sand soup
I'm going to drop subtle hints about how much I love this character
*hit reblog so fast whenever I see a post about this character that my wrist hurt* LOOK EVERYONE HERE'S MY FAVORITE
*squeals in excitement whenever this character shows up in fics*
*is still pleasantly surprised every time someone mentioned they know I love this character* ohh I'm so happy people are catching the subtle hints I'm dropping I was worried I wasn't obvious enough