The /r/LoveLive subreddit is finishing up its Aqours 2nd anniversary time capsule project, which made me rediscover the first one.
I guess the time capsule worked - I had completely forgotten that I wrote a message prior to the 1st Aqours anniversary, and was very amused by what I had put down as a new Aqours fan.
The interesting bits:
- “[M]y first favorite was Mari, and now it’s You” - I can’t believe I forgot about this. Mari was my favorite for a brief period of time, because she was basically a NozoEli lovechild (my #2 and #3 µ’s gals). I was interested in You, but not very invested in her at first because I didn’t know too much about her other than her being a sporty gal. Then everything changed when
the Fire NationShukashuu came along. :’)
- “CYaRon, AZALEA, and Guilty Kiss are just a little too similar to Printemps, lily white, and BiBi IMO” - REEEE past me forgot the exclamation point in CYaRon!…anyways, I was so, so wrong about this, haha. I honestly could not imagine the seiyuu in different subunits now, because they feel so at home. CYaRon! (in my biased opinion) has some particularly good chemistry among its members, between tsukkomi-Anchan and boke-Furirin/Shuka.
- Honestly, the fact that I talked so little about the seiyuu is hilarious. I think the most obvious giveaway for that is when I referred to my
favorite singers as “either Hanamaru or Yoshiko”, because present-day me
would’ve said “King or Aikyan” instead. Not that I talked too much about them in my 2nd time capsule post either, but I think in my first one, it was because I had yet to descend too deeply into seiyuu hell. RIP my wallet though, I’ve spent money on weeb stuff for the first time ever because of how hard I’ve fallen for Shukashuu.
- “Fave subunit: Guilty Kiss” - LMAO WHY…actually, I know why, it’s probably because I hadn’t fallen in love with “Yozora wa Nandemo Shitteru no?” at that point. :^)
- I can’t believe that “RubyMaru” was the first pairing I put down…I guess my RinPana bias was acting up. To be quite honest, right now I barely even ship them, because I treasure their friendship way too much. My 2nd anniversary post updated the pairing list with some more You pairings (and of course, ChikaYou was at the head of it, haha), and made sure to include the 3rd year OT3 for justice.
- I’m pretty sure that it’s pointless to put down who my favorite seiyuu is at this point, because the day that Shukashuu is no longer my favorite will probably be the day that I stop being a part of the LLS fandom.