<b>Chase Brody:</b> All right, let’s go over the plan one more time. If one of us dies first, what will the other one do?<p/><b>Bingiplier:</b> Locate the corpse and move the body so it looks like they’re dabbing.<p/><b>Chase Brody:</b> Exactly.<p/></p>
Summary: Betty baits Jughead into going full dark, no stars. Real dark. Real kinky. Real consensual. You’ve been warned. (Part 3 of The Beast Within)
A/N: As with all the fics in this series, Jughead is v. dark and creepy. Only here, Betty’s the one to draw it out of him. I want to put a warning label as long as my arm on this thing, but I trust you all to know that this is fiction and not to judge me. Don’t read if you’re at all squicked out by violent sex or BDSM.
Y’all I edited this on the plane yesterday and my heart was pounding so hard the whole time, afraid someone could read my computer screen.
And most importantly, happiest of birthdays @jandjsalmon. I would not be here, and this dark Juggie would not exist, if not for you. Hopefully this fic doesn’t go too far.
“Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.”—Mark Twain
Betty leans over the pool table, scissoring her legs to give her the leverage to hit the ball on the far side. It doesn’t help that she’s got a leather skirt the size of a band aid covering her ass. She scratches.
The large tattooed man she’s playing with — Gator — gives her a condescending smile before smoothly sinking his last ball. She hasn’t seen him before tonight. Probably a trucker passing through. They come in sometimes. But a Serpent wouldn’t do for her plan to work.
“That’s alright, sweetheart. Why won’t you take this twenty and go get us another round of drinks while I re-rack.” He holds the folded bill between his index and middle fingers, making her come up close to him to reach it. His eyes slide down to her cleavage, on full display in the sleeveless blue button-up she’s tied just above her belly button.
“My pleasure.” She smirks at him, pressing her shoulders back as she turns.
As she crosses the room to the bar, she feels the eyes of the Serpents on her. Not the way they usually are, quick glances that bounce off of her like snowflakes, as if they’re afraid Jughead will catch them looking. He’d lost control once and now the guys give him a wide berth. The Serpent Prince had earned his name.
But Jughead’s not here now. Some use it as an excuse to drink her in, staring until she has to steel herself not to flinch under their eyes. Others look concerned, worried for the peppy blonde girl, so clearly out of her depth in a biker bar. Still others’ stares are hard and accusatory. Reminding her that they’ve never trusted her, daring her to get herself into trouble without Jughead here to bail her out.
That’s what she’s waiting for. For Jughead to catch her. He should have been here half an hour ago.
After the Chuck incident, she tried to put a lid on Dark Betty. But the more she tried to confine her, the better she got at escaping.
That is, until one day she found Jughead’s journals. With FP still in jail awaiting trial, the trailer became their safe space, their sanctuary. Every afternoon she could get away, every weekend day her mother would spare, Betty would rush to the trailer, and Jughead would be there waiting. Sometimes they just did homework, or watched TV, or talked. Passing their burdens back and forth. Often she would cook for him, and they would pretend they were somewhere far away, spinning castles in the air, dreaming of a new life. But they were still teenagers, hormones and all. In that trailer, Betty learned how to please him. And she learned how she liked to be touched.
On a cold afternoon in early November, Betty laid on Jughead’s childhood bed, watching his hands run all over her, watching him memorize her body.
Watching him shoot nervous glances toward the bookshelf beside his bed. She craned her neck to see what he was looking at.
It was a little dark blue journal, much like her own pink one, with the corner of a photo peaking out between its pages. She leaned up and grabbed it before he could stop her.
The photo was of her. Of her sleeping. And it had been taken by someone inside her bedroom. She lay splayed on her stomach, the blankets pulled down to her calves. Betty could see the curve of one of her ass cheeks peaking out of the cheer shorts she slept in. She normally put her hair in a messy bun before bed, but in the photo someone had pulled it down and fanned it across her pillow.
She remembered that night, a few weeks prior—she tried not to sleep in her cheer shorts, always wanted to wash off the sweat from practice before bed. But that night Cheryl had kept them late and she was so tired by the time she got home, ate dinner, finished her homework, that she’d crashed. And then she’d been so confused when she woke in the morning and her hair tie was on the nightstand beside her.
She should have felt repulsed. She should have felt scared. Her sweet, gentle, caring boyfriend was sneaking into her bedroom at night to manipulate her body like a doll and take her picture.
Instead, she felt excited. She glanced up at Jughead. He looked trapped, like she’d backed him into a corner. His eyes kept flicking from her face to the door.
“Turnabout’s fair play, right? I mean, you read mine.” He swallowed and nodded. She reached out to grab his hand with one of her own and eagerly turned the pages. Eventually, she got so absorbed, she drew her hand back so she could flip through his entries more quickly.
This journal was relatively new—the first entry dated from July. He talked of his lonely summer without her, and without Archie. Of going days only talking to Pop and to himself in his writing. He wrote of his anger, of something within his chest he struggled to control. He wrote of stalking her. Of breaking into her room when she was there and when she wasn’t. Of the things he secretly longed to do to her.
As she read, Betty felt a weight lifting off of her. Jughead knew some of her darkness. She thought she knew all of his. She was wrong.
He had curled in on himself while she scanned the pages, his elbows resting on his thighs. He chewed on the corner of his thumbnail and avoided all her attempts to catch his eyes.
So she placed a hand on his shoulder and pushed him back until she could swing a leg on either side of his hips. She kissed him with a hunger she hadn’t realized she’d been repressing.
That was the day she discovered how to control Dark Betty. Or, rather, that Jughead could control Dark Betty. A regular diet of Jughead’s obsession and his depredation and the fugue states stopped. Her anger stayed in its box and her nails stayed out of her palms.
But Dark Betty escaped today. Betty remembers why she’s here, remembers the process of getting ready and driving here, the steps she laid out ahead of time. She just doesn’t remember making the decision to come. Or the decision to delete the draft of Jughead’s novel off his laptop.
They work because their darkness balances. Like the controlled release of a bomb. But Jughead has been slacking on his responsibilities. Apparently, Dark Betty had decided to remind him. They’d both been so busy lately, Jughead hadn’t had time for anything more than a quick fuck late at night before they both fell into bed, exhausted. And she needed him. She couldn’t control the darkness inside herself without him. She thought they had that in common, that they were equals in that way.
She’s worried that maybe now he wants them to be normal. Well, she was trying to be normal for him. Dark Betty wouldn’t let her.
When she returns with the beers, she watches him take a long pull out of his as she places hers on the windowsill behind her.
“So what brings you to Riverdale,” she swallows, “Gator?”
“Doin’ a long haul job, Orlando to Montreal. Gotta get them oranges up to the Canucks.” He smiles, and she can see a silver cap on one of his molars.
They play another game, during which he grows increasingly bold. He offers to help her correct her stance, the way she holds her stick, and when he passes behind her, his hand grazes her ass. He smells like stale beer and unshowered male. Both odors, she surmises, are accurate.
“What do you say we take a break? Maybe grab a drink and get to know each other a little better?”
Betty’s heart sinks into her stomach. The clock’s run out and Jughead didn’t show. But she tries to smile, tries to seem like nothing’s wrong. “Sure. Why don’t you find a table while I run to the ladies’ room?”
She grabs her purse and makes a beeline for the dark hallway behind the bar. She swallows the tears that threaten and gets ready to call Jughead and tell him what she did.
As she passes a doorway, someone grabs her wrist and yanks her inside. Whoever it is presses her face against the door and twists her arm up behind her back until she winces. A blanket of fear alights on her stomach. Maybe she went too far. Maybe one of the Serpents…
When he speaks, every bone inside her melts. “Sometimes I think you have a death wish.”
His voice is rough in her ear and it send shivers down her spine. “I’ve been watching you. You were so distracted by your new boy toy, you didn’t even notice me across the bar when you got that drink. Tut tut.” He lets go of her and she turns around.
“You’ve been here that long? And you waited?” Before she knows what she’s doing, she slaps him. “You sick fuck.”
He smiles but it’s foreign on his face. Not the way he usually looks at her. Lethal. “That was a mistake, little girl.”
What’s this? Why it’s old belongs in the trash how good to see it finished. Sorry about the messy coloring, my copics like to go all over the place, and I even accidentally gave Superman a beauty mark just from opening one jfc, so I had to touch that up in SAI. Anyway, sorry uvu here’s my trash ╰(⸝⸝⸝´꒳`⸝⸝⸝)╯
BamBam: I think BamBam would like the reverse cowgirl position. I think he’d like watching himself sinking in and out of you as you rode him. I think it would be a huge turn on for him.
Jackson: I think that Jackson would really like wall sex. He would like having you pressed against the wall with your legs around his waist as he fucked you. I think he would like the feeling of dominance it gave him.
JB: Doggy style. I think he would love that position so that he could hold your hips as he watched himself disappear inside of you. He would also like to grip your hair lightly every now and again and give your ass little squeezes.
Junior: In my humble opinion, I think that Junior can be somewhat of a pillow princess (can you use that term for men? idk) so he would like the basic riding position. He would also like being able to see your body and hold your hips as you rode him.
Mark: I also think that Mark would like the basic riding position. He would like that you were in charge and that he could run his hands all over your body, gripping your hips and running them along your sides and thighs as you rode him.
Youngjae: I think that Youngjae would like it when you’re on your back with your legs over his shoulders. He would like being able to look down at you and he would like that he could go deeper in this position and pleasure you both more.
Yugyeom: I think our sweet maknae would like basic missionary. He would like the feeling of his body pressed against yours as his hips rolled into you. He would also like it that he could easily kiss you whenever he wanted.
Thought it was time to bust out another one of these babies :)
Some things have rolled over from last season, some things are new.
1) Carry over from last season spec: Dean is on the verge of embracing the Mark of Cain and the Blade (in this case again), but Sam and/or Cas get through to him at the last minute as part of a yellow crayon (or Power of Love) moment (acting as a nice piece of ‘literary symmetry’ to Swan Song or Goodbye Stranger eg. see here or here- to complete to symmetry with Swan Song the Impala might be involved, as speculated about here and here).
1a)Dean is on the verge of embracing the Mark of Cain and the Blade and thus becoming a demon again, putting Cas in the position of having to honor Dean’s request in The Things We Left Behind that Cas kill him if such a scenario should occur - except Cas can’t do it.
2) Carry over from last season spec: Dean is possessed by Cas, perhaps as a means of destroying the Mark of Cain, perhaps as a means of helping cure/heal Cas of the effects of his stolen grace, perhaps both (al a Gadreel-Sam). Depending on the circumstances this may be a very temporary possession, over and done with by the end of the finale. Or the finale could end with Dean possessed by Cas as a cliffhanger, perhaps with something happening to Cas’ usual vessel that prevents him from returning to it. Early S11 episodes may then involve Dean and Cas sharing headspace and Dean’s body while TFW work on a way to either get Cas a new vessel or retrieve his original one (eg. see here, here and here, also here, here and here).
3) Carry over from last season spec: Cas removes his stolen grace and becomes fallen/human again.
3a) Cas removes his stolen grace by transferring it to Dean to ‘purify’ him of the Mark of Cain, this transference may happen via kiss ;p (more on this here and here).
3b) As above but taking on Cas’ grace also (temporarily) ‘angelifies’ Dean (see here)
4) Carry over from last season spec: Cas regains his own grace
4a) Cas finds his own grace but instead of taking it on himself he uses his grace to cure/purify Dean of the Mark of Cain (more on this here and here).
4b) As above but taking on Cas’ grace also (temporarily) 'angelifies’ Dean (see here) - look I just have a ~thing for angel!Dean okay??
4c) Instead of finding the grace taken from him, Cas extracts remnants of his grace from Claire Novak left behind when he possessed her in S04 - this may restore him to full angel status OR it may allow him to ‘regrow’ his own grace somehow OR it may be just enough of his own grace to burn up the stolen grace and leave him human/fallen (see here).
4d) Grace extracted from Claire is used as part of a spell to track down the rest of Cas’ actual grace (see here).
5) Carry over from last season spec: Crowley possesses Cas, perhaps as part of a plan to hold him hostage to ensure Dean uses the Blade (acting as a nice parallel to the way Abaddon possessed Colette to try and make Cain keep using the Blade eg. see here). This scenario could also be used as a means of explicitly textualising deancas (see here or here for the creepy version!)
5a) Rowena, as part of a Lady Macbeth type plan to become joint ruler of Hell with Crowley (or ruler of Hell via manipulating Crowley into being a puppet King), has Crowley possess Cas or has Cas kidnapped in order to use Cas as leverage with Dean, forcing Dean into becoming a weapon of Hell (more discussion over here)
5b) As 5a, but instead of making Dean a weapon of Hell, Rowena fakes Cas’ death and blames it on Crowley, hoping to goad Dean into killing Crowley so she alone can take the throne of Hell.
6) Carry over from last season spec: Crowley ends up working with Metatron and/or it’s revealed that he and Metatron had dealings in the past.
7) Dean performs the Trials to close the gates of Hell as a means of purifying himself from the Mark of Cain
(see here and here).
8) Cole Trenton turns out to be the same kind of supernatural monster his father was (which is perhaps a Kumiho - see here), manifesting once he reaches a specific age (thus implying his son will as well). The Winchesters end up helping him control his monster side, possibly aided by Cole’s wife, who is able to get through to him at a time when the monster part of his identity is overwhelming him via a power of love moment (see here and here).
8a) Cole’s older brother turns out to be the same kind of supernatural monster their father was (with the implication that Cole will be too) and Cole ends up helping his brother control his monster side, perhaps via a power of love moment (see here).
9) The 'source of the river’ Metatron talked about turns out to refer to:
the power of Heaven (perhaps the angel or demon tablet)
John Winchester or the concept of him as Dean perceives him
10) Dean is unable to remove the Mark of Cain and instead learns to live with it as part of him, potentially making Dean immortal.
11) To cope with the Mark, Dean shares it between himself, Sam and Cas, perhaps by literally transferring one line from the Mark to each of them (see here and here)
11a) Dean shares the Mark with Cas, or even transfers all of the Mark to Cas, as a way to burn up Cas’ stolen grace before the grace kills Cas (see here and here)
12) Sam works with, or makes a deal with, Rowena in an attempt to find a magical cure for the Mark of Cain (see here and here)
13) Hannah rips out her grace (possibly falling and being reborn in the process al a Anna) in order to give Cas more grace.
14) Hannah takes Claire Novak as a vessel.
15) Sam makes a deal with Lucifer, as the original creator of the Mark, to save Dean (mimicking how Cain ‘saved’ Abel).
15a) This involves Sam saying ‘yes’ to Lucifer, leaving us in a variation of End!Verse - with Cas weakening/becoming more human mimicking future!Cas’ loss of wings/powers, and Sam becoming Lucifer!Sam (see here and here)
16) Crowley ends up sacrificing himself to protect Dean, but also as a form of suicide, potentially mirroring how Meg died (see here)
17) Sam attempts to take Cas’ grace from him by force as a means of curing Dean of the Mark of Cain (see here).
17a) Sam attempts to extract remnants of angel grace from Claire Novak as a means of curing Dean of the Mark (see here).
18) Rowena puts an ‘attack dog’ spell on Cas, perhaps as a means of distracting Dean from stopping her and Sam using the Book of the Damned (see here).
19) The finale ends with Dean leaving Sam and Cas to spend an undefined time alone and/or Sam, Dean and Cas ALL go separate ways at the end of the finale as part of a group decision to spend some time alone (see here and here).
20)Carry over from last season spec: While 'high’ on the power of the Mark of Cain, Dean badly hurts Sam and/or Cas
21) Carry over from last season spec: Dean’s right arm gets cut off in order to free him from the Mark of Cain (see here and here for discussion).