And lo! Fireheart, SHE IS DONE. This was SO much fun to work on I can’t even. I wish I could put my love for this series into words, but I can’t. I’ll leave that to Sarah and carry on painting out my feelings.
- so we all know neil’s mom said he couldn’t play exy
- you know what the next best thing to playing exy is
- obsessively watching exy and cheering for it
- his mom didn’t really mind (well, he did at first, but neil somehow convinced her it wasn’t terrible) as long as he didn’t get attached to a squad and shit
- boy picked up so much skill from local cheer gyms everywhere
- he trained sO HARD (like half because if he was better they put him closer to the game so he had a better view)
- his tumbling passes were legendary. with his speed he could do the craziest shit like so many back handsprings. a back tuck. crazy twists and everything.
- even though he’s a guy he’s still soooo short
- at one point his coach decided to make him a f l y e r - like this little 5"3 muscular ass boy getting tossed like 20 feet in the air by these peppy girls in short skirts - just imagine
- he kept going until sometime before his mom died, when he realized he might have put a bit too much effort into the sport. people don’t see boy flyers and pass it off, and one of his teams almost made it big. almost- neil’s mom made him mess up their last routine and they left shortly after crippling the squad’s chances at nationals
- neil never really cheered again after his mom died, but he sometimes watched the vixens’ routines, mentally noting their strengths and weaknesses and what they could do with them, but he never said anything because he only knew katelyn and… it’s katelyn
- no one knows about his cheer days. not even andrew. uNTIL
- one day neil is out running and hey look up ahead near the exy stadium it’s the vixens holding practice
- he’s totally just gonna go right by them because exy but then he hears some shouting
- as he gets closer he sees some guys trying to talk to the vixens. from the look of their body language and the girls’ tense stances, it’s not going well
- neil gets closer and hears some very rude and derogatory things being said
- he promptly tells them to fuck off, may have added a threat or two. the guys bail.
- the vixens tell him they had it covered but thanks anyway, and one is like “hey, you wanna have a real practice today?” like totally joking
- neil’s brain is like fuck it
- “yeah sure can you guys fly me in a basket double twist”
- who are you and what have you done with our starting striker
- neil just basically joins their practice
- katelyn’s reaction was priceless
- not as priceless as andrew’s expression when he sees his boyfriend being thrown into the air by a bunch of cheerleaders on the way to practice
Skam is like a great book. You read it through so fast and you get sucked into the world and the lives of the characters. You get obsessed with it! And suddenly you’re at the end and you’re forced to close the book. Then you get this empty feeling because the same story won’t continue and there are still questions you want to get an answer to or want to read about some of the moments that have not been written about. You just want more, but you have to wait. And then you start thinking about how you wish you could go back to the time when you hadn’t even heard about it, but someone recommends it to you. And you want to know more. You want to go back to the beginning when you read the first sentence and know instantly that you’re hooked. You want to experience the story again for the first, even though you know you can’t do that.
But you wish you could.