A moment of appreciation for Madame de Garderobe and Cadenza, please. (Spoilers)
* They haven’t seen each other in maybe years. So? They’re still mad in love.
* Literally this whole time of the curse they were in the SAME BUILDING but they were both so hulking and heavy and Garderobe was constantly falling asleep so they had to live with the knowledge that their spouse was in the other room but they would never be able to see them.
* Cadenza being unsure of his musical talents for the “Be Our Guest” performance but all it takes is Lumiere reminding him that Garderobe is waiting and then BOOM he’s going to do it.
* “Will I tremble again…To my dear one’s gorgeous refrain?”
* The entire sequence in the battle scene.
* Cadenza is finally owning his new form to go full-on animal on the invaders until the cranky old woman screams “SILENCE THAT HARPSICHORD!”
* And Garderobe hears. “Maestro!”
* “Darling! At last!”
* “I’m coming, my love!”
* And this woman who has been trapped in a sleepy, hulking, hard-to-move form for years just straight-up CLIMBS ONTO THE BANISTER.
* “This is it! The fat lady is singing! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH~!”
* AND THEN SHE JUST PILE-DRIVES THE OLD LADY
* AND CADENZA IS SO HAPPY HE STARTS MACHINE-GUNNING PEOPLE WITH HIS KEYS
* And then that heartwrenching moment when the spell is taking hold of them. Like they literally just saw each other again after years, never got to hug each other, never got to kiss each other, they just got maybe fifteen minutes together.
* “Maestro, you were so brave. Goodbye, my love.”
* And Garderobe just peacefully closes into inanimateness because even if she only got so long with her husband, she saw him again, she got to see him one last time and he’s there with her, so everything is okay.
* But Cadenza isn’t.
* “No! Amore, do not leave me!”
* And you can actually hear him choking. You can hear him gasping for air as he keeps trying to talk to his wife, but then he just goes away with her.
* If you can’t tell, I was legitimately crying during this scene.
* B U T T H E N.
* HALLELUJAH THE CURSE IS LIFTED.
* Garderobe and Cadenza return to their human selves in this flurry of fabric and clothing and the second they all clear out, they’re already kissing. Like they just got their flesh-and-blood forms and within not even two seconds they’re already holding each other.
* And Cadenza has lost almost all of his teeth from the battle but GARDEROBE DOESN’T GIVE A
* And the last we see of them, they’re singing the main title together and they share a lil smile.
In summary these two need a lot more love because they were one of my favorite parts of this movie.