On a part of all transgender people, I would like to say a few thing:
- Just because we’re friends, that doesn’t mean you have any, any, excuse to be transphobic or make transphobic jokes. Just because I like you doesn’t mean you can use me as a free pass for your disgusting jokes. I’m a transgender boy, not an emotionless robot.
- Transgender woman and men are more than a fetish. We are more than your fantasy. We are more than your porn preferences. We are not your sick idea of a living kink.
- If you’re going to write about trans people, DO YOUR FUCKING RESEARCH!!! Starting T doesn’t mean you are automatically fully biologically male. Dysphoria is fucking awful. People who are meant to support us can just make us a joke. Bullying is real and scary.
- Mental illness and being LGBT are not the same thing.
- No LGBT person in popular media represent us all. We’re all unique and different, because we’re all fucking human??
- No, my name is not a nickname. It is my name. Whether it is my birth name or not is irrelevant.
- Teachers, you can be the most supportive and amazing people ever and I’d like to take a second to thank my English teacher for being so supportive.
- Stop using us as jokes. Like, I really fucking hate it. Just don’t.
- We’re normal! We’re nothing scary, we’re not going to attack you for being cis, and we don’t want anything more than your support and love!
- Teach your kids or siblings or parents or whoever these rules. They’re simple, easy, and can make a trans person’s day when you follow them!
Sorry for being so angry. I’m just sick of people calling me a lesbian.