Conclusion: Manhell destroyed Supergirl in every sense
Karolsen: thrown to garbage first thing after Momo’s arrival
Kara: just to prop his ass, Kara lost her personality completely, around him. She was saying all the girl power things one moment and the next she was taking them back.
She was emotionally manipulated, emotionally abused, chocked, yelled at, disrespected, told she was selfish, diminished in every chance. The powerful woman, became a whinny brat after a while, every single mentoring Cat has given to her, flew out of the window, her maturity dropped to dangerous lows.
The finale also proved to be the worst of episodes for Kara’s character.
1. The world was ending and she had a sex dream (most out of character all through season, she didn’t dream of her family, she didn’t dream of her friends, nor the world’s doom, not of Krypton, NOTHING, she just had a sex dream. Dreams are supposed to be a reflection of the most impactful moments of the last hours/days, because it helps the brain to process situations and make decisions. So basically the writers told us that the most impactful moment of Kara, during world’s doom, was being in bed with her useless boyfriend). When she was under the Black Mercy, she dreamt of Krypton, and later explained why she didn’t dream of her friends and family on Earth instead, but I guess getting the D solved all her emotional trauma and baggage, way to go with feminism right? (/sarcasm)
2. Being doubted yet again, by mongoose, and she doesn’t get to stand up for herself, she simply stood there being mansplained by Superman, and mansplaining was the only way for the useless dude to step back.
3. Her talk with Superman, she mentioned her friends, her family, and the world, as packed categories, It was not Alex, and Kal, it was not J’onn, Winn and James, it was not the people of National City, those who have supported her, they were all unnamed and categorized, but she mentioned Monosclirosis, by his name and alone, at the end to emphasize how much more he meant than anyone else, is her sister important to her anymore? Guess Danvers Sisters ended the moment salMonElla infected her Kryptonian blood cells.
4. Instead of taking Alex as her support at the fight, she took the useless frat boy, in what AU Alex would let her sister go without her, in what AU Kara would not ask her sister to go with her!
5. The fact that she had to tell him to go help the people, and not him telling her something like “I trust you with this, I’m going down there to help” (which would actually be fucking heroic), she had for the nth time to play babysitter for yawn-hell.
6. The “I don’t kill” policy of Supergirl, it has become vague.
7. Kara giving the necklace to fuck-hell, the one thing she had from her mother, the one thing that last season she asked Alex to keep it safe for her until she is back, and Alex gave it back the moment her sister was safe.
8. Saying that man-pain has made her happy…erasing an entire season, of her being frustrated with him, about his lying ass, his disrespect of her and her wishes, and everything in between.
9. The first time she fell in love? So she forgot, her being jealous of Lucy because she would be jealous of anyone James loved.
Literally every character in the show was dumped down to prop the fuckboy.
Most notably Alex freaking Danvers, a literal genius, couldn’t figure out her father had a bionic arm, emotions doesn’t cloud your Doctor skills, not to mentions a trained agent who can trick a lie detector, couldn’t even follow normal protocol and have her father checked properly.
Same with J’onn in the same episode, the freaking director of the DEO had to be told by Man-elaria how to do his job which he didn’t do in the end. And all of that because he had to be in every fucking episode and behind every fucking storyline.
Every single character was sidelined for his manpain, and supposed hero journey.
James went to war and never came back, Alex’s screentime dropped as much as to have literal 10 seconds of screentime in one of the epsiodes, Alex the freaking Co-lead of s1. J’onn dropped dramatically, though that was also partly because of his Hank screen time. I wont even try to talk about Maggie, did she even existed? She could have been part of SO MANY PLOTS but nope they had to prop the useless piece of Daxam dirt.
M’gann, though a guest, she could have been SO MUCH, such a true hero. Again sacrificed because there was no time for anyone but Wrong-hell.
Every single character used to convince Kara and the audience of what a good guy he is.
Alex being the MOST OOC of all pushing Kara into accepting a relationship with him.
J’onn accepting Bor-el’s stupid ideas as correct and following through.
fucking Superman: you much be a great guy if Kara dates you.
James: throwing shade one time, then the next saying that he is a fun guy.
Winn befriending him, only to explain to him everything that Kara was trying to say all along but the personification of privileged asshole, wouldn’t accept until another guy told him.
At least my child Maggie was so done with his bullshit.
Also the Piss of Daxam, had blatantly whitesplain to both James and Maggie.
And last but no least, and maybe the most important of all
screen time…because of how much he got (and let me tell you it was A LOT) characters like James and Maggie suffered the most.
Results, a season unwatchable, a complete erasure of what was season one. And actors being demoted to guests from regulars because of the lack of screentime the network was willing to give them.
Alex and J’onn barely used
actual plot non-existent
Manhell destroyed Supergirl, and if he is going to come back and take all the screentime again, I doubt s3 will be watchable.