have a seat, this is gonna take a while. I’ll try to be brief. I’m sorry but
I’m salty af, I couldn’t keep this to myself even though I tried.
As you can tell by my bio and my
headcanons, and my posts, reblogs and so on, my OTP is byeler. Wihich means I
strongly believe Will Byers is gay. But, hey! This is not nsfw content; it just
means I believe he wants to hold another boy’s hands, and hey! This is totally
fine, in case no one has told you.
read in the past few days a couple of mean comments over what I believe about
Will Byers’ sexuality, None of them were directly for me, actually one of those
were an answer to another person’s post, but this is bothering me so much, I couldn’t
just look away from this.
do it by parts. First of all, Will had an awful life so far and he’s only 12, I
know, right???!!! But this is not a fucking reason for him not to be gay.
Because being gay is not a fucking problem, it’s not something gross, it’s not
something disgusting. Being gay is the same thing as being hetero. Yeah, he
would suffer homophobia, but let’s talk about that later this post.
no, he’s not too young to “decide” (???????) whether he’s gay or not: by saying
this, you’re taking as reality that the “normal” is being hetero, and being gay
is a choice, it’s not a fucking choice, not even close. We are born like this,
and saying this you’re accepting a therapy could make us hetero by choice again
as well. No. And the last argument I’m using here: why any of you (people that
are making Will’s sexuality something huge) has said “Isn’t Eleven too young to
decide if she likes boys or girls”? I’m not putting into question if the kiss
between her and Mike was right or wrong, this is not my point, in fact, I think
it was right by the flow of the story. What I’m trying to say is: why hetero
kids don’t have their sexuality seen as inauthentic? Why people say it’s too
early when it comes to queer people, queer children?
now, let’s talk about homophobia. I received an answer in a post that I made
about Will facing homophobia and being disgusted with himself, but only when he’s
with Mike, he realizes he has never felt something so right in his life. This
answer said something like “it always comes to homophobia around here”. Yeah,
it does. I’m having this headcanon of Will being gay truly knowing he will
struggle with homophobia. How am I supposed to pretend he’s not going to face
it? I could make a poll to know if any homosexual person here hasn’t suffered
with it, but I already see that when I read someone complaining about making a
12 years-old boy gay. “Why does he have to be gay?” I’ll follow up by saying: Why not? Homophobia has become something unavoidable, so, yeah, I want him to pass through this, to show that queer kiddos can pass through this as well, even though it happens in the 80′s, and it’s hard as fuck, I wish I could see Will being sassy dealing with this.
Dear queer kid, I see you. I see the way
you’re trying to pretend to be what your parents say it’s normal, I see the way
you zap through the channels trying to find someone just like you on TV, and
you hate movies like ‘Little Manhattan’, because you’re not like them, you’ll
never be. I see you because I was once a queer kid too, I was born like this,
and nothing will ever change me, or you.
These children that struggle with being sinful, wrong:
They are the reason I believe in Will Byers’ homosexuality, because there’s
nothing wrong if you’re dividing your cookies with a same gender person as you
and you feel like holding this person’s hand. There’s nothing wrong with being
gay. And that’s the first step to accept that there are children out there that
since the day they were born, they don’t feel comfortable with the gender they
were born with. There are children out there that don’t want to kiss or hold hands
with other people at all. And y’all should just get over it.
(Imagine if I told you I have this headcanon Barb
Holland is Assexual just like me. You’d probably freak out.)
Thank you very much for this task! I have dyscalculia!
1. What is your middle name? We don’t really have this middle name concept in Germany? I do not use my given name anyway, which was one with a hyphen. I don’t like it. I am sorry.
3. When is your birthday? On the 10th of March. I was born in the 80s.
5. (Is five a prime number? I think so). What is your favourite colour? I already answered that one.
7. Do you have any pets? No. I wish I had. I used to have a lot of pets but I couldn’t keep them.
11. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Including sport shoes? [counts with my fingers] I suck at math. I already mentioned that. I think around 12?
13. What talents do you have? I hope I am a good teacher. :) I am very okay at writing and drawing. But I think teaching it is.
17. Who would be your ideal partner? @strup I am gonna marry them in september.
19. Do you want a church wedding? I am not a member of any church. I am not even baptised. And I don’t care about having a church wedding. My future wife, however, cares very much about marrying in this specific church in denmark. Which is why I will marry them in this specific church in Denmark. Because I want them to be happy.
23. Have you ever met any celebrities? Only Sarah Kuttner. A german celebrity.
29. Have you ever been skinny dipping? I am from Germany. We just call that FKK and do that a lot. Nobody cares if you are naked. Also I am from the German lake district. I grew up swimming naked.
31. What position do you usually sleep in? On my stomach and my hands and my shoulder. I pin my arm weirdly under my chin and everybody thinks it looks painful. My neck doesn’t like it but it’s just. so. comfy.
37. Favourite swear word? “Verkackt”.
41. Are you a good liar? No.
43. Can you do other accents than your own? No.
47. Whats your most expensive piece of clothing? My wedding dress. Even though it wasn’t that expensive.
53. Favourite foreign food? What the fuck is foreign food? Because you can buy red bananas in the grocery store now and I think we lost the concept of foreign food entirely. Also German foreign is different than us-american foreign? I like vegetarian sushi?
59. Do you suck or bite lollipops? I barely eat that. But I start sucking and then I bite as soon as they are small enough.
61. Do you sing to yourself? Only if my roommate isn’t home.
67. Can you name all 50 states of America? Can you name all sixteen federal states of Germany?
71. What makes you nervous? Oral exams.
73. Do you correct people when they make mistakes? I am a teacher. That’s part of my job. I am getting payed for that.
79. What was your first real crush? I believe a very abusive high school friend I had.
83. How fast can you run? Faster than my mentor, I suppose. Since I was quicker at the restroom than her today when we had a running contest from the teacher’s lounge to the teacher’s restroom.
89. Do you like your age? I have reached an age that makes me not care much about my age. I like being an adult.
97. Where your ancestors royalty? I don’t understand the concept of knowing shit about your ancestors further than three generations. I just know that everybody fled Poland. My future wife’s ancestors, however, are somehow danish royalty, yes. And that is weird.
This bunny blankie is a replica of one that was made by Fisher Price in the 70s and 80s.
I see a lot of age regressors who get nostalgic for the 90s, I’m not really because I was born in 1990 (yes, I am that old!) and I remember the 90s well and don’t miss ‘em, but I do wish I had been around in the 80s sometimes. (For the music and the movies… not the fashions so much, though I do love a good colourblock)
So when I had the chance to get a replica of a well-loved 70s-80s baby toy, I knew it was meant to be!
idk if ur still talking about lgbt family members but one of my (24!! we're the stereotypical italian family) cousins is bi but he has a preference towards women and so we talk about girls all the time bc im a lesbian. i also had an uncle who died a year after i was born bc of AIDS and he got it in the early 80's and died close to 15 years after. he was a big part of act up and i wish i knew him. my grandma's aunts granddaughter is a lesbian and visits sometimes and she brings her wife :)
aww this is such a sweet ordeal!!! your family sounds so lovely tbh and im sorry for your uncle’s passing. that must have been really hard since his passing. older wives gives me hope!!!
The Eighties… I wish I was born a few years earlier, to enjoy adult life 30 years ago. Look how lingerie enhances the natural female state. Many lingerie ideas that are not appreciated nowadays. Lucky the husband who 30 years ago came home and saw his wife waiting for him wearing one of those amazing pieces of lingerie.
@LAINEY I'm not an 80s kid BUT I SURE WISH I WAS. My dad is into 20th century music so I grew up listening to a bunch of it LMAO. Mostly 50s-80s but the 90's was lit too. I was born in 95 so I didn't experience much but I was really (and I still am) REALLY into BSB like Brian Littrell fmu. Ahhh I'm gonna go listen to the whole Millennium album now bye. 😂
Hey! Ahh yeah that sounds a lot like my childhood as well - such great music. I’m into a lot of the classic rock bands. I was born in ‘95 too! I was more of an A.J. girl when it came to BSB (still am), his voice just makes me melt. 😊
It feels like for the past year your focus has been on filming movies. Do you have any plans music-wise? Still continuing [on this path]. I’ve written songs. As for new plans I’ll have to look at the amount of time I have to schedule them… Actually I don’t know what to say because I’m not sure myself, haha.
On the topic of music, what’s the sentence that immediately comes to mind? I have no idea… because my reaction is kinda slow, perhaps I may not even have thought of anything.
What’s something that made you happy recently? Coming to Paris, eating escargot at a restaurant, when bread is dipped into the [escargot] sauce, it’s too delicious! Have you tried it before? (Grazia: You seem to be a foodie) Yes! The sauce tastes a little like Chinese vegetables, even though I lived abroad for a long time but I have an appetite for Chinese food. At that time when I took the first mouthful, I was surprised. Wow! Or was it the bread?
Do you still play basketball? At times I would play very hard, if I’m not working, once every two or three days.
When playing basketball, what do you aim for? When I’m playing basketball I should concentrate on it to play well, what do I think of? Enjoying the exercise.
How do you spend your off days? Right now? No one call me, let me sleep.
Do you think that your outfit today is largely influenced by Hallyu (Korean) trends? It’s more of American style, because I like hip hop music, I pay more attention to American and European trends.
You still have your fake tattoos from fashion week on today. I really like tattoos, they are very artistic. (Grazia: Would you try them?) Right now I’m an actor so it isn’t really convenient. If I was not working in this industry I would probably have a whole body of tattoos. (Grazia: What kind of tattoos do you like?) Don’t like those huge ones. Those with words, or meaningful phrases and small pictures.
What’s your shopping style like? Very quick. Not much hesitation.
Actually, does speaking stress you out? Speaking? No. Why do you ask?
We saw an interview where you were asked what was the most troubling question you received, and you said all. Didn’t you see that I was joking? (Grazia: No)When you understand, you will come to know that I’m 4D. If it’s not something that I wish to say, why would I still reply. I’m cracking a very lame joke. Don’t you think that I have quite a lot to say?
Yes…Then will you usually have heartfelt talks with others? Ah, today all that I’ve talked with you is heartfelt, it’s all what I intend to say. If by heartfelt you are referring to thing(s) that trouble me, then I’m a person without troubles.
What do you think of the “post-90s” label on you? Does it hold any meaning to you? It’s to differentiate myself from post-80s [generation] people like you guys. Hahahaha. No. I’m actually [born] post-90s. This is a beginning, everyone let’s work hard together.
“Reylo is a terrible ship for young girls to be watching”
Listen listen listen
My obsession of bad guys and hero shipping STARTED when I was a young girl. Yes, technically Gaston is the bad guy but I still shipped a GIGANTIC MONSTER with THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MAIDEN. (We even came out in the same year, it’s fate).
I have brothers born in the 70s and 80s so we watched the Labyrinth a lot when I was younger. I remember holding my breath watching them dancing wishing I was her dancing with the Goblin King.
I was also really into mythology when I was a kid. Every year we would go to an amusement park called “Mount Olympus.” It inspired me, at a young age, to look Into it more. I was too obsessed with Hades to move onto any other god. Can you guess why? (Also Hades is the best roller coaster It GOES UNDERGROUND).
And don’t get me started on Phantom/Christine. My mom and I were hard core for this show FOREVER. I knew Raoul was the better option and if I were in her case I would have chosen him, but did that stop me from shipping the evil disfigured man with the beautiful woman he was in love with? Absolutely not.
HELL even the Star Wars ships shaped this from me. I mean we had Anakin who we KNOW how he’s going to end up with the beautiful political firecracker. They are why I started going so hard for Star Wars. And Princess Leia with a scoundrel like Han. perfect!
Even the freaking Music Man has this dynamic! You can’t tell me that you don’t want the charming con man to end up with the lonely madam librarian.
I did have regular ships growing up too. I shipped Aladdin with Jasmine and Hermione with Ron, but the ones that stick with me are the ones with conflict. The ones who had to overcome morals because they loved each other. Or maybe they didn’t. Maybe they didn’t end up together WHICH IS GREAT TOO. Breaks my heart BUT GREAT!!!
Now, I am not saying that this makes them OK to ship and they are a perfect ship for young audiences. That they are going to seek this relationship out for themselves. I am just saying that being opposed to this kind of ship won’t stop them from shipping it and others like it.
If this movie came out when I was 8 or 9, I would ABSOLUTELY still be into it. The minute he carried her bridal style I would have thought “ohhhhhhhhhh!” And when he asked to be her teacher I would have totally shipped it. They would have reminded me of my other favorite ships so I would have liked them.
You can’t stop people from shipping what they are into. I mean did I ask to be into a Goblin King and a girl who didn’t want to babysit? No. But that was what I liked to watch. Reylo is just another example of my favorite dynamic that I have enjoyed since I was a young girl.