Elective: Audio/Video Production
Club/Team: He’s not necessarily on a sports team but helps from time to time
• A new series and I haven’t even finished my other ones smh
• but I’m obsessed with Wanna One atm so bare with me
• annnyways Park Woojin is a ball of fluff and memes so like yeah stan him
• Park Woojin is a senior in 4-A (*wink-wonk* totally not a reference to PD101) which is the slightly more advanced class
• he ended up getting Audio/Video Production (his 4th choice) because when he was filling out the elective sheet he didn’t remember if he put home economics or Audio/Video Pro. as 3rd (turns out he put home eco. as his 4th oops)
• nonetheless he still tries to have fun in that class because he does enjoy making and editing videos, preferably this segment he starts called self-cam relay like where did that even come from (*wink-wonk*)
• Woojin is also skilled in multiple sports so he can’t really stick to one team but he does often go practice with the soccer, basketball, and volleyball team and help them out at games/tournaments when they need it
• He was interested in the dance club but decided to put it off because he was always so busy with school, friends & family, audio/video pro., and sports he didn’t feel right that he joined a team that promised commitment he couldn’t give
• Throughout his highschool life he’s met some really good friends. They helped him grow and become a more outgoing and social person because when he was freshman he was this Smol Bean trying to get through in life
• during his freshman year he met these 2 seniors who weren’t always “getting along” due to the difference in personalities but you could tell the friendship was strong. Their names were Jaehwan and Daniel.
• Daniel was in the dance team and tried to recruit Woojin but obviously he declined but Daniel took him along anyways (probably got that from his upperclassmen Jimin) and Woojin didn’t end up joining that year but he still managed to go hang out once in a while via Captain Daniel
• he met Jaehwan in the library because he was asking Jaehwan to look up someone’s class, and Jaehwan did so being a library assistant he had access to things like this but the kid Woojin was looking for wasn’t there and he was like “that can’t be, I have his name and grade right here”
• and Jaehwan thinks he’s a lil coo-coo in the brain because like he obviously isn’t in the system but then Daniel comes walking in the library (because he lost his ID, go figure) and is like “[ ]-ssi? You didn’t hear?” and goes off telling Jaehwan and Woojin this bizzar ghost story
• but in the end tells them he was just joking but it still left chills
• in the end Jaehwan take the papers where it’s written the name of the student Woojin needs to find and he’s like “are you kidding me, you spelt the name wrong” and he ends up finding the student and gets his filming done
• so every now and then he’ll stop by to see Jaehwan and like he’ll get annoyed at times because the library is always full of students but it’s Woojin, he’s adorable how can you not
• and there’s times where Daniel’s in there as well so they all kinda just hangout at the desk and it’s nice
• the next year when Jaehwan and Daniel are gone he meets this kid named Park Jihoon because they were put in the same PE Class and he meets him because he accidentally hit him in the head with a dodgeball
• but that’s how they became friends, he took him to the infirmary and had to stay there till he woke up and he did he apologize but like mid apology he was like “I’m so sorry for hurting you I’ll make it up t- hey you know you’re kinda pretty”
• and Jihoon can’t decide if he should be offended or flustered by the comment
• but after the whole dodge ball incident he takes him out for burgers after school and like they chat and find out they have some things in common, like dancing and rap
• “dude, have you always attend this school?” // “yeah I was just really quiet my 1st year… ”
• and like Woojin has always known who Jihoon was like, if he heard his name he could match a face and a class but that was it, but thanks to Jihoon he was able become more social and he made more friends compared to the small bubble he trapped himself freshman year *tears*
• but they become really good friends and meet this freshman named Bae Jinyoung because he took the title of “Prince of the Freshmen” aka Jihoon’s former title (it’s Prince of the Sophomores lol)
• and they find him when he was escaping some fangirls during lunch. He was hiding near the vending machines while Woojin & Jihoon were grabbing drinks and Jinyoung was like “h e l p m e” but they just turned away until Jinyoung actual caught up to them and begged to help him
• and like Jihoon knows the struggle so they end up helping him and became friends in the process and now 10x as much girls flock Jihoon and Jinyoung because of #bromance and Woojin is just like “yo I just wanna eat my sandwich and watch food broadcast so can y'all leave the tabke”
• skip forward to Senior year after he meets Lee Daehwi and Lai Guanlin, two Sophomores he met when he was a Junior and they were Freshmen
• he met Daehwi through Audio/Video Pro. because he had to mentor him through the audio equipment and programs which Daehwi caught on quickly because thank God Woojin was not about to go through the old dusty shelf for the guide books of hell
• and he met Guanlin when he was being flocked by all of the sports teams and Seonho was just like a baby chick flocking to his mother but Woojin mistaked him for a middle schooler
• which granted Seonho the name “byonghari” buts that’s for a different AU
• so how did you get to meet sweet, helpful, athletic, meme Park Woojin?? WELLLLLLLLLLL • You were asked to run some things to the faculty office meaning you had to cancel your after school plans with your friends because the office is so far from your class and you didn’t want to make your friends wait
• and so you were walking down the hall when you see your classmate Park Woojin hiding behind the vending machine (yes because everyone in this AU hides behind the vending machines, those things are hella warm to be around) and you’re like “tf?” but then you realize he’s hiding because some guys are trying to find him
• they even stop you and ask if you knew where Park Woojin was and as much as you’d like to give away where he was, you don’t and say he might have been called to the councilor’s office again and the two dudes run along
• Woojin comes out from hiding and thanks you and insists he helps you take the stack of papers to the office with you as a way to repay you, but you try to decline he’s already taking the top half from your hands
• and so it’s a lil silent on your way there because he’s still a shy bean so what can you do but he musters the courage to talk to you and ask how your day been and you tell him it went fine. You ask him the same and he goes off about how the basketball team (aka those 2 dudes you saw earlier) keeps trying to get him to join and let’s be honest during PE you’ve seen him play so it’s no wonder they’re trying to kidnap him
• so you continue the conversation about why doesn’t he join. “I guess it’s too much of a hassle to just stick to one sport and practice that same sport all year. I mean I’d like to play other sports like soccer or volleyball.” but that’s understandable since the teachers always ask you to join the event committee but you just don’t want to
• after you’ve took the papers to the faculty office, Woojin offers to walk you home since it’s not safe for someone like you to walk home alone and well you can’t decline since your parents prefer you to walk with someone when going to and from school
• so you let him and you guys talk a little more. About school and your social life because you’re pretty aware of how popular Woojin is. At least with the boys. And let’s face it, you’ve always been sub-consciously watching Woojin but you don’t wanna admit it.
• and mid-conversation his phone goes off and you assume ‘girlfriend’ so you try to tease him about it but he kinda gets flustered and is like “n-no, it’s Park Jihoon. He keeps blowing up my phone.” // “4-B’s Park Jihoon, the schools Prince?” • and it get’s Woojin a little irritated hearing that title come from your mouth so he abruptly is like “yes, that Jihoon.” and now you feel a lil bad because you can tell he got a little upset so you remember you have this candy your friend gave you so you give it to Woojin • and it turns out to be his favorite candy and like he get’s excited “really? I can have this?” and you pull out a whole handfull from your bag is like “you can have all of it actually, I don’t really eat this candy.” and Woojin went from upset to lil meme puppy and it’s adorable • and so from that point on Woojin will say hi to you in the mornings and even come talk to you and every time he does you give him his favorite candy which always makes him happy (*wink wink* not just because it’s his favorite candy) • and it kinda became a daily thing and sometimes you find yourself at the store and like restocking on the candy which you find a little weird but you don’t question it • and at first it seems like your friendship is just based off candy but it’s not. Because after you guys exchange numbers he starts texting you, sometimes calling or video chatting you and soon
he always finds himself relying on you and you find yourself taking care of him in a way, not like in a motherly way though • it’s almost like a girlfriend kinda of way and like Jihoon and Jinyoung start to tease him for it and even tell their upperclassmen Daniel and Jaehwan about his new ‘girlfriend’ and Woojin gets extremely flustered and red when he’s trying to say “she’s not my g-girlfriend!” even Daehwi makes fun of him it’s amazing • but as much Jihoon, Jinyoung, Daehwi, and all of them make fun of him for it, it’s all true. Even your friends see it but you decline the idea because that’s crazy, Woojin is inredibly popular and active why would he like a potato like you but it’s the same on the other side. Why would some as beautiful and intellgent as you like a guy like Woojin who can’t even commit to one thing • but that’s what you love about him, you like that he’s multi-talented in these areas yet he always stays so humble but also willing to help out with the dance club or the basketball, soccer, volleyball teams and the fact you’re always independent but can let your guard down around the people you care about the most is so enduring and he wants you to do that with him • is someone cutting onions in this au?? *looks over shoulder* *sees Jinhwan cutting onions so he can put it in his soup to eat* • but under all that memeiness and active student image, he still has his problems and his struggles and breaks down sometimes which is what he does one night when he’s on the phone with you. He starts pouring out his heart and you listen to every word intently and sincerely and unlike other people who try to interfere, you just give him words of encouragement and understanding and like always there for him if he needs you or anything • and like in the spur of the moment it kinda just slips out and is like “thanks y/n, that’s why I love you…” there’s silence over the phone and in your head your like “what.the.fuck” and your heart is racing like 1000mph and you’re pretty sure Woojin can hear it over the phone • but Woojin is too stunned to hear or do anything, but your voice gets through to him and you’re like “wait, repeat that??” and he doesn’t want to so really quickly he’s like “thanksthatswhyiloveyou, goonightseeyoutomorrow” but no, you’re already here might as well just confess too so before he could hang-up your like “Woojin wait”//”Nope, gonna hangup and pretend this is a dream goodnight y/n” • “Woojin, I love you.” another moment of silence and before you’re like “okay gtg before my heart falls out my throat” he’s like “what?” and in your head its like “what do you mean by what?” • Before you could say a word he’s like yelling through the phone like “You mean it? I’m not dreaming??” and you laugh like “no, your not. It’s all very real.” and he gets really excited but you can hear a woman’s voice, his mom’s voice telling him to go to bed so he tells you goodnight etc all that cheesiness you love • and the next day it’s like nothing ever happened because you guys were practically acting like a couple way before he confessed but now he’s 100x more cheesier than usual and now the boys tease him as much as he is cheesy • “thanks y/n, I love you” you hear Jihoon mocking Woojn during lunch and you’re laughing at how “on point” his Woojin voice is but you’re also curious so you ask “Wait how did you know what he said?” // “Oh I was staying over that night. Man you should have seen him afterwords he could not stop-” and Woojin stands up to stuff his mouth with melon bread like “AHHAHA FUNNY JIHOON” • and i’ll leave what he couldn’t stop doing to you imagination ;))) • SIKE YAH NASTY HE COULDN’T STOP BLUSHING AND SMILING, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?? (dirty minded smh lololol) • but you guys are super adorable, probably one of the best couples in the senior year because as much as you guys are cheesy, you guys look good together and always trust each other AND DON’T DO PDA IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING HALL WHERE PPL ARE TRYING TO GET TO CLASS (*coughs* sorry) • but you guys do have your intimate times and it’s just really soft and enduring and you find out his weakness is being kissed near his nape and behind his ear :’))))))) • y’alls first date is to the local carnival/festival because that’s where you guys can try all of these really good food and he can win you prizes, make the first day memorable • meme-couple • helping him out during audio/video pro. with filming set up and giving him back hugs when editing • did I mention lots of memes?
CALLING ALL MONSTA X FANS AND POTENTIAL MONSTA X FANS
Recently I’ve been getting a lot of asks and messages asking me to help people get into Monsta X! It’s honestly an honor that so may of you would want me to help you get into such an amazing group, and because so many of you have started to ask me, I decided to make a complete beginners guide to them!
The guide involves member profiles, fun facts, ALL MV’s, some live performances, reality shows, interviews, and so much more! So if you’re wanting to get into Monsta X PLEASE check it out!
Also, if you’re already a fan of Monsta X, PLEASE share it! The more people we can get to see it the more recognition our boys get!
Ok, so this is an announcement… I’m going to europe for a month. It will be fun but Sadily I cant exactly carry the tablet and the computer because its alot of wires and its a desktop so for one month so I cant do any comics. I’m trying to see if I can mabye make a few comics in advance and post them while I’m away but I have not the slightist idea how to do that since the only device I’m bringing is my phone. So If I do have comics in that time they will be less frequent and will problaly not be very funny. But luckly I still a week more to go until I leave so enjoy lots of comics in the meantime! -Aaron
[TRANS] 170624 SuA Fancafe Update - Hello~~~~~ It’s Swa~
Hello~! It’s SuA~~ It’s been a long time since writing on the fancafe~ hehe It’s been a long time since doing a game with the members on V App We communicated with you guys, so it was fun~ As always, being together with the members and you guys makes me happy, hweolhweolhappyhweolhweol When you guys write “Kekeke” I imagine your smiling appearances so I think the V App is double the fun, kekeke If you imagine, SuA Vv And the weather is becoming more and more like a spa But you guys, don’t eat the heat! And don’t catch a cold! Be careful~We are being careful too~ Ah!! That’s right, I can’t sleep at night because of the mosquitoes… Yesterday, really, I slept and didn’t wake up once until the alarm went off I wanted to sleepㅠㅠㅠThe mosquitoes…how many were there? Bzzzbzzzbzzzzz the sound After whizzing around my hands, I think they got me on my neck, kekekekekekekeke You guys, turn on the lights smartly and find the mosquito next time! Be cautious and catch them quickly
(“- (my own mosquito emoticon!!) Our lovely fans, it’s the weekend. You living people, live with body and life!!! People relaxing, even if you see someone, try to relax comfortably! So seeing a SuA photo 2 times, 3 times, 100 times Have a happy weekend~!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
so my sexuality is getting more complicated by the second and I’m either going to end up with one of those really long identities that people ridicule, or just queer because I don’t want people to make fun of me even though I like those labels. But then people will tell me I can’t use queer because it’s a slur. I’m fucked.
SO I JUST READ ALL OF ILLUMINATE TODAY AND I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH???? HOW OFTEN DO YOU UPDATE I'M SO HUNGRY FOR THIS FIC LIKE???? THEN I REALIZED YOU ALSO WROTE/WRITE MY OTHER FAVORITE FICS??? LIKE I THINK YOU'RE ONE OF MY FAVORITE WRITERS AND I HOPE YOU KNOW YOU'RE DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB FRIEND I LIVE YOUR REAPER76 FICS LIKE YOU HAVE NO CLUE I ADORE THEM
Oh gosh. Oh wow.
I update everything in a specific order and squeeze in commissions and college and being a mom in between.
So it’s usually: Illuminate, Fool’s Gold, These aching bones (Which are all of my on-going fics) And I update them as soon as I clear a commission or homework out.
I used to update every week, but whew, that gets rough now because my summer semester is accelerated.
Thank you so much though. Like. I love hearing how much everyone loves my work. Makes my day. Motivates me to write more.
Let me start with the most obvious point: this game’s economy is totally whack. I’m already at 900 coins and I don’t know what to do with all of them. I could buy more stickers, sure, but there are enough in the levels that I don’t need to. Makes me thankful that Super Mario Odyssey will actually have some sort of market in which I can spend my moolah.
I’ve also been kind of avoiding battles because they’re just not that fun. They feel so pointless because I only get coins, but I don’t need any more coins! Never have I missed the Star Points, score-system, or Hammer Scraps as much as I do now. Not to mention that the sticker system is perhaps the weakest battle method in the series.
Kersti is proving to be less and less useful by the level. For instance, I was trying to solve Hither Thither Hill’s windmill code but I had no idea where to find the solution (hint: you need a Toad’s help), so I ask her for some advice. She tells me that windmills are called windmills because they are powered by wind. Like, thanks, Kersti. I couldn’t have guessed that one.
Kersti does have her moments, though.
My last main negative point for the day: some of the puzzles are simply obtuse. There is little to no indication as to how to solve a lot of them, so that means backtracking to find whatever minuscule detail I missed that turns out to be fairly important to progression. Backtracking was always my main issue with games like The Thousand-Year Door and even Super Paper Mario, and while backtracking in Sticker Star is (so far) not nearly as bad as TTYD’s, it’s still not fun.
However, the game is very upbeat and I can’t help but feel good playing it. Even when it’s getting on my nerves. Music is great, art style is fitting, writing is witty when it needs to be. My only issue with the style of the game is that the animations kind of sit between the fluidity of the first three games and the choppiness of Color Splash. I enjoy both styles individually, but together the blend is more uncomfortable juxtaposition than it is atmospheric.
Anyway, those are my thoughts for the day. I’m about to head into Goomba’s Fortress (World 1-6), so I’ll see y’all then!
I had no work at my actual job to do on Friday for most of the day, and I’m leaving a final edit through the last chapter of reSWAN for another week or so, so I went through the second chapter of ISH (which is the first one I have on my harddrive for some reason?). For fun? For research? I don’t know. But I was highlighting things and making comments all over it and of course everything is going to be a little different or a little off, like, I knew that going in, but even knowing how much stronger I made him this time around, even after saying that ISH is definitely not really read-able after reSWAN, I was still surprised by how much needed to change because of Edgar.
Whole large chunks of conversation no longer need to happen because Edgar behaves differently, his role in things changes completely (and in fact most of the role he was occupying is now better suited to Jimmy), and his stronger, healthier, and more deeply woven relationship with Johnny will shift a lot of the tone. So much of what is written in ISH feels like Edgar is still outside the group, that Johnny is still totally new and ‘whoa so unpredictable’ to him, even after spending all this time being the closest person on Earth to him. It was jarring to look at, really.
I remember when I was writing ISH the first time that I kept feeling like I needed to add these moments in which it was made as clear as I could make it that Johnny wasn’t being a monster to Edgar because even with the things that were happening, they felt like they were suffering. I think part of my feeling like I had to do that was the fear I still had to let Johnny be more human, so he was being restrained in a lot of ways, but that I was also missing all the time that we saw in the rewrite of SWAN of them actually really working together and syncing with the group and each other. This is largely of symptom of ‘baby’s first fanfic’ with poor pacing and things, but it’s wild to be able to see so clearly what the problem is now AND to feel just as clearly what the solution or approach would be with the characters as they are now.
Things I’m not interested in include deriving sustained drama from a relationship by repeatedly breaking them up and getting them back together, and while I didn’t do that in ISH, I feel like I don’t even want to get as close to it this time around as I did the first time (The fucking Adventure that ISH 10 spawned aside. I don’t know if there’s anyone left who even knows this reference, but still). This was an element I knew about before even re-reading the story, but now I know it even more concretely after reading a single chapter. The rest of this is going to be wild when I get around to doing it.
What kind of interactions do you think Cass and Renee would have if Kate introduced them?
I think at first Cass would be kinda stand off-ish just because it’s a new person and she would be like “is this person trying to take Kate away from me????” so Renee would have to work extra hard to convince her she just wants to get to know her. In order to get her to be willing to hang out with her she would do little presents like a book or a milkshake so Kate would be like “if you come hang out with me and Renee you can get a milkshake.” Their first actual conversation would probably be about stupid things Kate does and Kate getting all “mad” that they can only bond by making fun of her which would allow for Cass to let her guard down and maybe start trusting Renee more. After like the fourth time they all hung out, Cass would call Kate’s house thinking she was home because Bruce has the car and she needs a ride to ballet and Renee would offer to take her and they would bond over music because they both don’t like what is on the radio right now. That would probably become a weekly thing were they burst out singing in the car and do mini performances on the way to ballet and whenever Renee dropped Cass off she would text Kate about it all happily.
End a story any damn way you please. Make it angsty as hell, sit back and roast marshmallows over the flames! It's your tale we're just sitting here listening to it. Don't let people get you down! Also your work is amazing and it always makes me smile.
Thanks, Nonny! I’m not upset at all; it was just funny to see all the “you can’t just end it like that!” and “where’s the rest?!” and “give me more!” comments. I’m glad people are enjoying my writing because I love doing it, but I do it for fun (or coffee) so sometimes a soft reminder is necessary. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. Kiss kiss! <3
so when i was younger, like 13/14 years old, i was seriously considering trying out for the SM global auditions. i practiced really hard only to chicken out in the end bc i was scared i wouldn’t be pretty/skinny enough for SM’s taste LOL. but i do think back to that a lot and wonder if i regret not even trying. as rewarding as my current career path is, i’ve always had such a longing for the stage, not to hear people screaming and shouting and cheering for me, but just to be able to sing for people, uninhibited and just totally in my element. the times i’ve sung for people, whether it was an audience of 50 or 1000, i’ve loved every single moment because of the feeling of freedom i feel when i sing. that feeling of just letting it all out, immersing myself so deeply in the song, or just having a fun time jamming out and making other people happy. i think that’s why no matter how many times i drifted from the performing arts, i always somehow found my way back to it, i just love it too much.
my short answer: if i were given the chance, i’d definitely want to give it a try. i know it’s a horribly hard life, trying to make it in the k industry, and most people don’t make it, but i’d still want to try. it’s too amazing of a feeling to sing and dance and perform; it’s absolutely liberating.
When I read “Satan as the good guy” texts I of course came across the two main satanic groups Church of Satan and The Satanic Temple.
Neither group actually believes in Satan (or God for that matter) but they both use him as a symbol of defiance.
Church of Satan is of the “Do what you will, there are no rules, but try not to be a dick” mindset, while The Satanic Temple is more of the “Try to make the world a better place, respect other’s freedom, fight back against oppressors” mindset. Both also have a great respect for science.
Church of Satan is responsible for the Satanic Bible and has rituals and black masses as symbolic gestures, while The Satanic Temple mostly just have “rituals” for fun, like their pink mass where gay people kissed over the gravestones of noted homophobic people. The Satanic Temple’s main thing is fighting for women’s right to abortion, protecting children form corporal punishment, gay people’s right to marry and religious freedom.
They are not entirely Tumblr friendly though because they believe that you can say whatever you want, even if it’s deeply offensive, as long as you don’t harm people. So you can say women should have no rights, but if you try to take their rights away there will be trouble.
And if you’re wondering where all the goths went, look no further than the Satanic groups.
Be warned there’s gonna be Voltron s3 spoilers in here!! So if you don’t want to see that, look elsewhere. (Also this is super fucking long, I’m sorry.)
Anyway so I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, and what with (at least temporary) Red Paladin!Lance being confirmed, now is probably the time to post this.
Coincidentally, I’ve been spending the past couple weeks looking for foreshadow of the Red and Blue Lions have some kind of Special Connection and there is quite a bit, so I thought I’d share some of what I’ve found.
The gist of it is that I think Red and Blue have some kind of connection that the other lions don’t seem to have with each other. Of course all the lions have a special bond, but there seem to be a lot of hints that the connection between Red and Blue *coughs* and their pilots is something a little different––basically, that Lance and Keith have shown a lot more interest in/connection to each other’s lions than any of the other paladins have.
(And before everyone jumps down my throat, I’m NOT proposing a permanent lion switch so jot that down lol. But I do think temporary lion switches are Good so uhhhh fight me.)
I’m not sure how to go about explaining this, but I’m just gonna break it down to:
- Keith’s connection with Blue
- Lance’s connection with Red
- What Does It Mean
Here we go!!!
Keith & Blue
- I’m still caught up on this whole “Keith sensed the Blue Lion” thing. Granted, it could have something to do with his alien abilities™ (I’m still rooting for Keith with Altean ancestry, y’all) but I still question the choice of having Keith sense Blue, of all the lions. He only detects the location of two lions in canon, and they’re––you guessed it––Blue and Red.
First we have some kinda vague “energy” that attracts Keith to Blue:
Then we have this part where Keith just … closes his eyes and senses Red somehow??
(These both happen in the first episode, I might add.)
Like I said, this could be some kinda sixth alien sense. But, I do also wonder if it was Blue trusting & calling out to Keith specifically, which is interesting considering he’s not even her paladin.
- Also in the first episode, when they find Blue, Keith & Lance are the first ones to approach her. Keith even reaches Blue before Lance does!
And then they’re both standing right in front of Blue, side-by-side, when she wakes up.
There is still a close-up on Lance when Blue awakens––but even so, everyone else has much more of a one-on-one first interaction with their lion, so this scene in particular stands out to me.
- Other than in the first episode we don’t get much of Keith interacting with Blue in s1 (except for him saving Blue for Lance in s1e06, which is cute!)
But then there’s also this moment in s2 where he starts asking Coran about whether there might have been Galra on earth before, and whether that could have something to do with Blue being on Earth:
Which is especially interesting now that we know that Keith is part Galra. So …. is it possible the previous Blue Paladin might’ve been Galra?? or even could have been an ancestor of Keith’s?
Then of course we have Lance emerging from his room at the mention of Blue, and accusing Keith of “having his eye on the Blue Lion since day one”:
This is … kinda odd considering Keith hasn’t outwardly shown any desire to pilot Blue as far as I can remember. So, obviously this is a throwback to the very first episode in which Keith first sensed Blue––and the fact that it was brought up again out of nowhere makes me suspicious that there’s Something there that hasn’t quite been addressed yet.
Lance & Red
- *rubs hands together* Now this is Extra Fun because now I know for a fact Lance is gonna fly the Red Lion at some point in s3 because it was in the trailer and all …
Unfortunately I don’t get to say “I told you so” because I didn’t publish this post before then, but anyway! I’ve been looking for foreshadow of this and honestly?? If you ask me, there are hints of Red Paladin!Lance since the very first episode. (Again, I’m not suggesting Lance becomes Red Paladin forever, so please don’t kill me. But I do think Lance having some kind of connection with Red has been foreshadowed.)
- So!! In the first episode I noticed that when Allura assigns each of them a lion, she doesn’t technically assign Blue to Lance (because he interrupts her, lol). It’s just kind of assumed that he’s Blue Paladin since, well, he’s flown Blue. Now, I’m not saying he’s not the Blue Paladin––he is! Buuut I also find a couple things about this scene Intriguing:
1) Lance looks like he almost expects to be assigned the lion as Allura describes it (even though he already has a lion), and then seems a bit shocked/upset when it gets assigned to Keith instead.
2) Not only that, but you may notice the Red Lion hovers between BOTH of them, which is noteworthy because this doesn’t happen to anyone else when they get their lion assigned to them. Hmmmmmm…
- This may be an unpopular opinion but I actually … also think Lance shows some Red Paladin traits. Once again, that’s not to say that Lance doesn’t also fit into the role of Blue Paladin because of course he does, but I do think he shows traces of being capable of being Red Paladin as well.
Like listen, when Allura is assigning Red, these are her exact words: “The Red Lion is temperamental and the most difficult to master. … Its pilot needs to be someone who relies more on instincts than skill alone.”
So really the only qualifications here are: 1) Be skilled. 2) Have good instincts.
And Lance?? Fits those qualifications pretty damn well. He’s a skilled pilot, sharpshooter, and strategist. And he has very strong awareness/instincts as well (i.e. being able to identify the Rover clone super fast, being able to come up with a plan on the Balmera on the fly, etc.). There’s no reason why he can’t fly Red if you ask me.
- Also, when the Red Lion gets fire power for the first time Lance is like, “I want that!!” which is interesting … especially because (at least as far as I can remember) no one else expresses jealousy for another paladin’s lion that way.
And generally I just find it kinda funny that Lance accuses Keith of having his eye on the Blue Lion when Lance has like…canonically had his eye on the Red Lion from pretty early on.
- In addition to all of the above, there does seem to be some foreshadow about Keith getting separated from Red (at least temporarily). i.e. he has that dream about Red rejecting him.
And there’s also that vision he has in BoM where Red is far away from him.
(Tag yourself I’m the people screaming.)
Could be coincidental …. or could be intentional to foreshadow something about a certain someone else temporarily taking over as Red Paladin.
- And lastly: it may not mean anything, but in GoLion (the original anime) Isamu/Lance was Red Paladin … So, could be a nod to the original!
And yes, he wore a blue outfit but piloted the Red Lion, don’t question it. Color coordination hadn’t been invented yet.
What Does It Mean?!
- In general, there seems to be a lot of subtle foreshadow that there is Some kind of connection between the Red and Blue lions––or at least, to an extent, Keith and Lance have connections to each other’s lions as well as their own.
- It could mean they are both capable of piloting each other’s lions. I’ll say it again––I’m not suggesting a permanent lion swap or anything along those lines, because both paladins also have very strong connections to their own lions. (Also, I’m not sure about Blue Paladin!Keith at this point, although it’s hard to say since we don’t really know what the quintessence of the Blue Lion is yet.)
However, I think in certain situations their lions could be accepting of the other’s paladin (which of course we know is possible since Keith has piloted Black before, and in the s3 trailer it appears he does so again, as well as Lance piloting Red). So, I feel like that could be important.
- As for the reason behind this connection: It could be because their elements balance each other out (you know, the whole fire-and-ice thing), but what I’m really hoping is that there is some significance in the relationship between the previous Red & Blue Paladins (interpret that however you want––but yeah like, maybe they were good friends??? or …. more than that????) and their lions built up a strong connection because of that (or vice versa).
- TL;DR: I think it’s pretty much inevitable that Red & Blue/Keith & Lance have some kind of special connection (space ranger partners™ amiright) and if you ask me there are a lot of signs pointing in that direction. That’s all, bye.
ELIAS: What’s up everyone! Welcome back, I hope you’re well. Like I always say, you look good no matter what. Today, like you can tell, we’re in a totally different place. We’re outside, for the first time in history.
ADAM: Why are were here today and not at home?
MUTASIM: It’s because one of the people here, doesn’t dare to go to another person’s place because..
MUTASIM: Something happened at someone’s else’s place with someone.
YOUSEF: Mutta is explaining. I thought we have to get tan and stuff because we’re..