Bungou Stray Dogs is ruining me
So I ended up staying up until 2 AM last night reading the Bungou Stray Dogs manga as well as researching the authors the characters are based on bc why not?? And I ended up learning some good shit idk man:
1. Chuuya Nakahara and Osamu Dazai had a homosexual fling and totally had a bit of a relationship.
2. Yosano Akiko was not only an amazing poet but she was also a hella feminist.
3. Mori Ougai’s book “Vita Sexualis” (which is also the name of his ability) tells the story of his sexual awakening and was incredibly controversial.
4. One of his daughters also started the yaoi movement in Japan.
5. Ryuunosuke Akutagawa’s short story “Rashomon” (also his ability’s name) has a plot eerily similar to Atsushi’s situation in episode one (the protagonist is out on the street, starving and is contemplating whether to starve to death or steal to survive). It actually wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the reason for Atsushi’s situation.
6. Two of Osamu Dazai’s stories (one being “No Longer Human”, his ability name) and two of Ryuunosuke Akutagawa’s stories were retold in a 12 episode anime series called “Aoi Bungaku.”
7. Edogawa Rampo was actually the pen name for Tarou Hirai and was meant to be a rendering of Edgar Allen Poe’s name, one of his inspirations.
So… I can officially say that I’ve enjoyed doing research for once and I’m a huge nerd and stan for this show.