PSA: If you're looking to buy prints, posters, or merch and come across a site called TeeChip DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM, EVER
They steal artwork from artists without their permission and attempt to resell low quality crap of it, and trick people into buying it by stating “BEST SELLER, NOT AVAILABLE IN STORES, LIMITED TIME ONLY”
And hey, guess what? Someone messaged me earlier and I found out that this “company” is selling MY ART that I definitely did not give permission to use, sell, or distribute.
This “company” literally edited out my work from the original images, rotated a few, and slapped them all onto a poster.
Uh, NO. Not cool at all.
I have already filed a DMCA and hope to have it taken down within a day, but who knows if they’ll even do that seeing as their “DMCA form” is literally an email to “someone who takes care of these matters” 🙃
PLEASE don’t support shitty “companies” like TeeChip who steal the hard work of others! If you ever recognize artwork that you suspect is stolen on any site that sells artwork or merch, please let the original artist know if you’re able to! It’s always greatly appreciated when people let us know this kind of shit is happening and we can take actions to stop it
It was a Saturday night and you were hanging out with the cast by the pool. You were sitting on the side dipping your legs in the pool as you watched the boys play chicken. Jaeden was on Wyatt’s shoulder and Jack was on Finn’s. Jaeden reaches over and knocks Jack off of Finn’s shoulders,
“YEA JYATT JYATT JYATT” Wyatt and Jaeden chant
“The greatest ship of all time” You yelled throwing your hands up
“Well Jyatt is no Y/S/N” Jack says. Finn’s eyes go wide and he hits Jack on the shoulder whispering,
“dude shut up”
“What?” You asked having never heard yours and Finn’s ship name before.
“Uhh nothing he said nothing” Finn says clearly hiding something. You take your legs out the pool and stand up,
“I uhm have to go to the bathroom” you say going inside. You walk inside and pull out your phone typing in
#Y/S/N in Twitter, then Instagram, and finally Tumblr
Holy crap, you thought to yourself
How have I never seen this before
There were MILLIONS of things with your ship name on it. There were edits of all your “cute” moments. There were photoshopped pictures of you two kissing, fan fictions, conspiracy theories on why you two might be hiding your relationship to the public
Y/S/N was EVERYWHERE
But what got you the most was a video. It was a video compilation of all Y/S/N moments.
All the times he’s made you laugh
All the times he’s looked at you like nothing else in the world mattered
All the times you two had joked around and never looked happier than when you were with each other
You sat in the bathroom letting this ship blow your mind and you finally decide to walk outside.
“Hey Jack can I talk to you for a second?” You ask. He gets out of the pool and follows you inside,
“What’s up?” he asks and you hand him your phone with the #Y/S/N open on it
“What the hell is this?!” You say loosing your cool
“Uhhhh well that’s yours and Finn’s ship name” he says uncomfortably
“What is it?”
“Well a ship is when people think that-”
“I know what a ship is” you say, “Why have I never seen it before??”
He hesitates to answer but finally gets it out, “Finn’s been trying to keep it from you..You left your phone alone one time and he uhh found a way to block the hashtag from reaching your timeline” he finally gets out
“Why would he do that?!” You ask. Jack looks at you hoping you’ll pick up on the hint so he doesn’t have to tell you,
“Does he…is it..Jack?” Jack continues to stay quiet.
“Shit does he like me?” You ask nervously
“He does feel something for you that starts with an L and has four letters”
You look down at your feet and say,
“C-can you send him in here” Jack nods and leaves to go get Finn. Finn walks in with a towel around his waist drying himself off from the pool,
“Hey Y/N what do you n-” he stops seeing the ship name open on your phone,
“Look I can explain” he says and before he can start to, you grab the sides of his face and pull him into a kiss. He kisses you back grabbing your waist,
“Does this mean Y/S/N is a cannon?” He says. You chuckle and pull him back into a kiss
“Those are called Ironshell Crabs. I’ve read that cooking them into dishes can strengthen the body’s durability!”
“Is that so? Hylians certainly are a resourceful bunch. Still, I’d rather have my hardiness built in; not many enemies will let you take a snack break before battle, Princess.”
Holy crap there’s like 2k of you dorks following me now! Hope you like Zelda and Urbosa, cuz to celebrate after the cut I have both of these seperated into transparent stand alone images~ (Well, Urbosa’s alone - Zelda’s having a nice convo with the crab~). Love ya’ll!
PS: I love these designs but MY GOD SO MANY DETAILS EVERYWHERE!
Edit: Going to edit the backround colors later today probably~ keep looking at it and its just a bit off from what I want~ Done! more blue now to balance things out~
A/N: This might be complete crap, but I desperately needed to write some Quill. I hammered this out earlier this morning and just did a quick edit, no rewriting. But hopefully it’s post worthy! I think a second part is in order? xD
The sound of bickering voices drifted back from the cockpit, making me roll my eyes. I lowered the manuscript I was flipping through.
“Will you two morons cut it out already?” I hollered. I waited a beat, but the arguing went on. Probably hadn’t even heard me. Anyways, it wasn’t my job to break up the idiotic pissing contest that went on between Rocket and anyone he met. Or at the moment, Drax.
This post is my message to everyone else who also reads a lot of writing advice lists and feels frustrated and broken as a writer because so much of the near-universal advice doesn’t seem to work.
1. Don’t write if you don’t feel like writing. Some writers thrive on forcing themselves to crank out words they hate. Uh, bully for them? Every time I try to write when I don’t feel like writing, I end up not only deleting all the crap I spew but also staying in a don’t-wanna-write mood for a lot longer than normal. If forcing the words doesn’t work for you, don’t do it. Give yourself time.
2. Editing before you start writing is fine. “Don’t do it!” they holler. “Make new words, don’t get stuck rewriting forever!” Fuck you, Hemingway reread every time he wrote and so can I. Even if you do wind up editing the whole time and not writing any new words, so what? Improving what you’ve got is perfectly worthwhile.
3. It’s okay to be a perfectionist. Sometimes it takes an hour to write a sentence. That is fine. Wordcount is not the end-all be-all of productivity; quality matters too. The “your first draft is just gonna be shitty, accept it” attitude doesn’t work for everyone.
4. Procrastination is good. Man, I seriously cannot tell you how much less stressful writing has become since I decided procrastination was a crucial part of my process and stopped feeling guilty about it. It gives you time to work through things subconsciously, and sometimes you get a whole lot of housework done in the process. Or a whole lot of Netflix-watching. Whatever. It’s okay. You’re okay.
5. Writing advice is a pile of bullshit. Yep, even this writing advice. The only writing advice you should really listen to is the stuff that comes from people who know you and your style and your flaws well. Everything else is a suggestion, and anyone who thinks their advice is a magical exception that applies to every writer is not worth your time.
You are not alone, and you are not broken, and you are not a bad writer just because your process is different from others. Hang in there.